It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, are violent old testament verses relevant to your beliefs today?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AinElohim

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: AinElohim

only God has that right, and it is how we keep our governments in check.

Which god and whose god?

yes my nation is secular, but it is no secret which God the founders learned their individualistic values from, and committed the principal directly into the founding documents of my nation. I have heard it said that Christ wanted no church in his name?

the Deceleration of Independence and the Constitution of the USA are theistic documents...

you can go down to the Capitol Rotunda and look up inside the dome wondering which God the 'founding' father of my nation looked to.

George Washington was one the first subscribers featured in the Brown's Family Bible, on of the first Bible's printed in the USA... the subscriber list in the beginning reads like a who's who of the founding fathers.

"“The Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion.”
~1797 Treaty of Tripoli signed by Founding Father John Adams"

^ He knows better than you.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Dewts

sorry my friend... God is mentioned directly in our founding documents.

George Washington is the "sole" founding father of the USA

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Two sentences, both false.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dewts

Two sentences, both false.

NUMBER #1 (not value)

Self-Ruled

"In God We Trust"

Dome of the Capitol Rotunda

PS; we're still number #1 baby! in such a short time when looking at all of history.

Only God Knows Why

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

edit on 7-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

If you believe the bible is the word of god, then you would have to take it all. Take the evil genocide, slavery, mass rape, infanticide etc...of the old testament, along with the even more evil infinite torture of the new testament.

This is called "The time warp technique." It is textbook of unbelievers on ATS today along with many other boards. You stick a believer back in a time warp today and hold him accountable for some history way way past. But they were not there doing those things in history past.

No problem ... I merely make note of it for the education of the readers out here such that they catch it when it happens again ..and it will. it is textbook here on boards like this one and very predictable.

Wow!! I think by this in your post you mean here today...in times of logic, reason, men of science, enlightenment, Illumination, graduates of the secular schools of today. For this is still going on today is it not??? Not back in a time warp..in history but today ..right now .in this very world..no time warp needed. And men of reason, logic, enlightenment are promoting and financing a lot of it.

What is the matter with your thinking??

As I posted many times on this thread and others....

Democide...death by ones own government happening today..in the last 100 years ..in times of science..logic and reason...reasonable men running things around the world.

en.wikipedia.org...

From this article...by R. J. Rummel...

His research shows that the death toll from democide is far greater than the death toll from war. After studying over 8,000 reports of government-caused deaths, Rummel estimates that there have been 262 million victims of democide in the last century. According to his figures, six times as many people have died from the actions of people working for governments than have died in battle.

If one understands what is being said here..it makes a joke out of the atheists and unbelievers positions on this thread and others. It makes a joke out of what passes for public education reasoning and logic trying to pass for the high moral ground in times of enlightenment and illumination today.

I have showed this article to numerous people who have never heard of this and for their continued information's and thinking.
Most of them are stunned by it as they have never heard of such an thing before my informing them of it.

Hope it helps some out here,
Orangetom
edit on 7-3-2015 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: orangetom1999

If you believe the bible is the word of god, then you would have to take it all. Take the evil genocide, slavery, mass rape, infanticide etc...of the old testament, along with the even more evil infinite torture of the new testament.

This is called "The time warp technique." It is textbook of unbelievers on ATS today along with many other boards. You stick a believer back in a time warp today and hold him accountable for some history way way past. But they were not there doing those things in history past.

Wrong. It is taking someone here and now who says the bible is the word of God.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I think you mean ...G. F. W. Hegel... " The state is god."

Orangetom

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join