It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Australian) Gun Crime Would Be Lower If We Followed Example Of Nation With Highest Gun Crime

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
This is a joke/pun news site, just so as people are not confused when they read the following.

However, as much as the article is aimed toward hilarity, it also makes an extremely good point........who can spot it?

www.theshovel.com.au...

"If Australia had more guns, we would have fewer shootings, just like they do in America", Liberal Democrat Senator David Leyonhjelm said today.

Most Australians agreed with the Senator’s common sense approach.

“I think he’s onto something here. You just don’t hear about shootings in the US,” James from Hobart said.

“As with all policy areas, we should consider the full range of approaches. And the approach of the developed nation with the highest rate of gun crime seems like the most logical place to start,” said Pat from Perth.

“Sure, 12,000 people died from guns last year in America. But just think how many more would’ve died from guns if they had less guns,” said Tom from Melbourne.

edit on 3/2/2015 by Kryties because: Forgot link

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

But just think how many more would’ve died from guns if they had less guns,” said Tom from Melbourne.

That's gold - I LOLed hard at Tom from Melbourne.

Logic is in the eye of the beholder.

edit on 3-2-2015 by Sublimecraft because: quote bbcode

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
america is having none of that "logic"

We need more guns and less background checks. if the children at school had guns they could stop school shootings amiright?

For the life of me i will never get it. kids gets killed and everyone is like "don't politicize the issue! we must wait! we don't know what the best line of action is!"
Janet jackson shows have a tit for half a second and the Superbowl will be forever delayed by what, 5 or 10 seconds because "we need to protect children from that kind of content!"

Because kids that get shot often recover without issue, just ask those 20 kids at sandy hook, they are all doing fine now.
But if you show them breasts, it will be Armageddon
After all you know who else saw breasts as a child? Hitler!!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
After all you know who else saw breasts as a child? Hitler!!

But to be fair on Hitler, he only had one ball.

Regards

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

But to be fair on Hitler, he only had one ball.

Well I'll be damned.

I did not know that !

That actually explains a lot then...

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

We used to sing it as kids.

Back to the OP brave to post it here.
Wait til the USAers wake up

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

We used to sing it as kids.

Love that song lol, I still find myself humming it from time to time!

Back to the OP brave to post it here.
Wait til the USAers wake up

I'm always up for a challenge
This isn't my first time posting logic and reason against a barrage of ignorance!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

According to certain sources, Hitler also had a fascination with... Er... How do I put it...

Stools...

Faeces...

Poop...

Turds...

Sh#te...

Apparently, allegedly, supposedly, his mother was quite neurotic about cleanliness of the hindquarters and drilled it in to the future despots head that he was filthy every time he, relieved himself...

Now far be it from me to excuse the man for turning out to be a Sicko...

But if these notions are true... It may explain a few more things.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

We're awake, just don't want to get in to another anti gun thread with folks who don't even live here, but seem to have the solutions to all our problems. When you get your country perfect...............

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

The fact that we don't live in the situation enables us to take a step back and see the problem from a wider perspective.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Can you see me waving to you?

Luckily, if any of us needs more guns, we have lots of stores very close that are happy to sell them to us.

I do wonder, if you came to the US, would you be shot as you exited the plane, or would it happen as you left the airport?

OH well, no worries mate!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I need to nip something in the bud before many more people come here accusing me of being 'anti guns'.

I am not against guns, in fact I'm seriously considering getting my gun license now that I live on a farm. The fact I have to go through a strict course and meet certain requirements to get said license does not bother me in the slightest, for I know that our entire country is safer without a massive excess of guns being held by questionable people with questionable intentions.

I do not fear going down the street and getting shot, I don't fear for my child going to school and getting massacred and I don't live in the perpetual state of fear that most Americans seem to live in - but having become so used to it that they do not recognise it.

edit on 3/2/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

I do not fear going down the street and getting shot, I don't fear for my child going to school and getting massacred and I don't live in the perpetual state of fear that most Americans seem to live in - but having become so used to it that they do not recognise it.

I don't fear any of that either. If there ever was a case of me needing to fear a situation, I'd feel much better knowing I have a 45ACP and 11 shots to protect me, rather than wishing I was able to have one.

I doubt there are many Americans who fear things as you believe they do. Most of the crime happens in areas where crime is sort of expected. If I wandered into a public housing project in a big city at night, I'd expect to be confronted by people who didn't want me there, and might just do bad things to me. Luckily, I already know that and expect not to venture into that type of situation. Perhaps you have a bad area you would rather avoid. It's like that.

The other day, I was confronted with 6 or 7 beer cans that threatened me. I manned up and shot the piss out of them. I enjoyed the testosterone rush. Does that make me a bad person?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Only if they were full :-D

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I don't fear any of that either. If there ever was a case of me needing to fear a situation, I'd feel much better knowing I have a 45ACP and 11 shots to protect me, rather than wishing I was able to have one.

Thankfully, the chances a situation like that happening in Australia is remote.

Perhaps you have a bad area you would rather avoid. It's like that.

Sure, every country has it's bad areas, except I would still walk through the ones in Australia (if I REALLY had to) knowing the chances of me getting shot were still quite slim.

The other day, I was confronted with 6 or 7 beer cans that threatened me. I manned up and shot the piss out of them. I enjoyed the testosterone rush. Does that make me a bad person?

Not at all, I used to shoot coins with my grandfather and we used to make bets on who could get the coin to flick higher in the air. The difference is we used a registered gun that was owned by a licensed person both of which/whom were fully trackable and accountable to authorities. I live safe in the knowledge that in Australia it is MUCH MUCH MUCH harder for a crim or undesirable to get their hands on a gun than it is in America - where one can walk into a friggin Walmart FFS and grab themselves any gun they want.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Good lord no! I believe that would be alcohol abuse. Whey they are full, they are my friends. When they get empty, they look menacing and mean.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

The difference is we used a registered gun that was owned by a licensed person both of which/whom were fully trackable and accountable to authorities.

I would wager that network's beer can destroying firearm is also legally registered.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I live safe in the knowledge that in Australia it is MUCH MUCH MUCH harder for a crim or undesirable to get their hands on a gun than it is in America - where one can walk into a friggin Walmart FFS and grab themselves any gun they want.

Even if I had a thousand guns, why would that be any different than you and your grandfather? I (like you) can only shoot one at a time, and while it may be possible, I have yet to see any of my firearms act on their own accord. (they are usually very well behaved)

It's not the guns that we need to worry about. It's the people who want to do bad things. Like the bad neighborhood scenario, you may feel safe waling through it, but you may also get your ass kicked while doing so. Knowing that, I'd rather go around it and not poke the bear with a stick to see if it makes him angry.

But the most important thing here is, luckily, you will never have to worry about anything that happens in the US. Just as I don't have to worry about being eaten by any of the beasties you have crawling/slithering around in your land.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
At the end of the day gins in the usa are part of the usa culture.
Just like cups of tea is for us brits and shrimps on a barbie for the aussies.
While I don't get gun culture I respect the reasons why usaers have it.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The difference is we used a registered gun that was owned by a licensed person both of which/whom were fully trackable and accountable to authorities.

I would wager that network's beer can destroying firearm is also legally registered.

Yep, a .22LR. Not good for anything other than plinking. (plinking is the somewhat controversial indiscriminate killing of cans)
If I shot a person with it, I suspect it would really piss them off and make them hit me harder than they would have had I not shot them. And being a handgun, it's not really ideal for hunting as the squirrel would need to be inside of 10 yards and turn broadside holding his position while I aimed. (little bastards rarely cooperate like that)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join