It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mile wide face on Mars East of Cydonia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Several years ago I was looking real close at the surface of Mars, specifically around the area of Cydonia, where the common face of mars was shown by NASA. Many proclaim that this is a simple case of Pareidolia, I'm not quite positive, but the pictures I will be posting below and the closest coordinates I can, feel free to check Google Earth/mars at the coordinates shown within the picture to check for your own. It is still visible as I am posting this thread, and just saved a few better pictures to show the enormous size of this face (actually two faces, and one giant looking being which is pointing nearly directly to where Cydonia is many miles away).

This is a close up of the face, a side portrait which obiously has an ear, a neck, a nose, is bald, and is human looking. It is eerie how detailed it is. Using the ruler within to gauge its' size, it is almost perfectly a mile wide from nose to back of cranium.

In the next two pictures you will see a giant looking creature that reminds me of something out of "Insidious" but as you can notice, there is another face nearly built into the structure directly behind the lower leg area. This might be Pareidolia, idk, but it is highly coincedental with the other obvious face near by. Also, the Large creature/structure is pointing East almost directly to Cydonia. And yes, it looks like the hand is a foot (at least to me).

and another

the coordinates I have are as follows
33 degrees 12' 40.90 N
12 degrees 55' 27.05 W

If this has been posted in another forum I am sorry. I did find this years ago, but have not been able to find much reference to it anywhere online or on ATS. I find it rather interesting that if it has been shown, that the other face of Cydonia gets more notice as this face I show, is obviously a FACE. Please comment on what you think, but as soon as I saw it, I was like "there is no doubt in my mind that is a human head."

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: iDope

My god, it's Walter Cronkite! There's also one of an Aztec to the left of Walter.
edit on 2-2-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Here is a close up of the face. The reason I posted the 2nd pic was because I had the Ruler at exacly a mile to show that the face was almost exactly a mile in width.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

sure looks like a head, with a ponytail.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: iDope
Here is a close up of the face. The reason I posted the 2nd pic was because I had the Ruler at exacly a mile to show that the face was almost exactly a mile in width.

I must say it does look like a face. What is the source of the original photo?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
You found Jesse Ventura... When he said he was going "off grid" he wasn't kidding.

But seriously, those are interesting. I haven't seen anything on them yet. I don't know enough about this stuff to say if it's "shadows", natural formations, or "other" but I sure do like to imagine what they could be.

Thanks for sharing them.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18956163]Tangerine[

The source was directly from Google Earth. What agency actually took the pictures I don't know. What I do know was when I originally saved the picture and showed them to a few people, within a week the large structure was pixelated and patched over so you could only make out part of it, but now even today, you can go to Google earth and look up those coordinates. Several of these pictures were current at the same time as the post.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Here is a close up of the face.

But… it's a crater.

You're eye is being fooled into thinking it's a face-looking thing in relief. Instead, it's a crater, the light from the angle of the sun (relative to the objects) is coming from below.

It's merely a trick of lighting. Nothing more.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
You found Jesse Ventura... When he said he was going "off grid" he wasn't kidding.

But seriously, those are interesting. I haven't seen anything on them yet. I don't know enough about this stuff to say if it's "shadows", natural formations, or "other" but I sure do like to imagine what they could be.

Thanks for sharing them.

Lol, when the ponytail was pointed out I now can agree it is Jesse Ventura. I originally thought it looked like Marlon Brando from "Apocalypse Now"

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Well what ever it may be i find it fascinating. i would have never known about this had you not posted it !

Thank you Sir .

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Why on earth (sorry, on mars) would they go to all the trouble of creating such a huge facial structure, and then go a ruin it with that odd pointy shape above his head ?
Nothing but an optical illusion.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Here is a close up of the face.

But… it's a crater.

You're eye is being fooled into thinking it's a face-looking thing in relief. Instead, it's a crater, the light from the angle of the sun (relative to the objects) is coming from below.

It's merely a trick of lighting. Nothing more.

I do not believe this is a crater. Is it possible that it is dug into the ground? yes. But the simliarities to a face are unmistakable. Nearly every aspect is in symmetry to a face. The ear is a little larger, but it does go from brow to mid cheek. Also there is a brow line, eye indention, nose, mouth, cheek bone, curvature of cranium, and neck. That is pretty astonishing for a crater to make this if it did. Plus it is not far from the other face on mars, and the figures directly West of it seem too high of a coincedence to just be craters. I understand the face value of your claim, and the psychology behind looking for faces, but being a side portrait, it is a lot harder to claim the point you are trying to make.

A face is nearly symetrical from left to right, in this photo you see no symmetry since it is only one side, so you have to rely on the outline of what is shown, and the entire head is in proportion to a human face, who's face? No one knows, some people look damn weird, but this one looks damn near a perfect side profile of a face. I have never seen a crater that leaves this type of impact crater, and until I see one similar, like on the moon, then it is not a crater, but an anomaly.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: sayzaar

Maybe it's the way lightbulbs look on Mars and this guy was depicted as having an illuminated mind or a pretty damned awesome "idea".

edit on 2/2/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: sayzaar
Why on earth (sorry, on mars) would they go to all the trouble of creating such a huge facial structure, and then go a ruin it with that odd pointy shape above his head ?

Maybe that pointy thing is supposed to represent something, or maybe it was added much later, similar to the SAphinx story. Maybe it's an alien penis. I have no idea. Maybe it's some sort of Matrix style object that gets implanted into the head or neck. I don't think it ruins it, just adds to the mystery. Imagine 50'000 years from now what Mt. Rushmore would look like. What if furture people add bodies to them but make them wear Dresses with weird disformed arms and put another face beside of Elmo in a durag. Who knows, how long it has been there.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: sayzaar

Maybe that pointy thing is supposed to represent something, or maybe it was added much later, similar to the SAphinx story. Maybe it's an alien penis. I have no idea. Maybe it's some sort of Matrix style object that gets implanted into the head or neck. I don't think it ruins it, just adds to the mystery. Imagine 50'000 years from now what Mt. Rushmore would look like. What if furture people add bodies to them but make them wear Dresses with weird disformed arms and put another face beside of Elmo in a durag. Who knows, how long it has been there.

What's a durag?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Du-rag/bandana, head condom, a way for Sesame Street to relate to inner city kids. Garb of choice from "Idiocracy."
edit on 2-2-2015 by iDope because: edit pic

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Du-rag/bandana, head condom, a way for Sesame Street to relate to inner city kids. Garb of choice from "Idiocracy."

Gotcha. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I see how it looks like a face-but the first thing that popped out to me was crashed disc.

Awesome pics,btw!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

But I want it to be a crashed disc,lol

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
here is another shot from a different angle.

comes from here. photos 8 thru 10, 8 is one that op posted.
Mars Illusion Photos: The 'Face on Mars' and Other Martian Trick

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join