It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have decided....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: graceunderpressure

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: aboutface
a reply to: graceunderpressure

Oh t'is a thing of beauty and wonder that you made there.

Why, thank you! It was devoured lustily and you're all invited over next week when I make it again.

Will you marry me?

Of course! But only if we can have a cheese wedding cake.

As long as there is no casu marzu. I do have my boundaries.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
that I shall never again try to stomach Velveeta. Fake cheese grosses me out.

Eating some Superbowl leftovers, and decided some of that queso might be good. WRONG. My sister made it, and she used Velveeta only. It was already a congealed mess of salty grossness before i could get to the table.

So it is now added to the growing list of foods I have given up on. Ill place it right between Spam, and Long John Silvers.

Did someone say get rid of my Spam? What would I do without my Spam casserole! Slices of spam, covered by slices of potato, continuing to pile over and over, the topped with butter, milk and bread crumbs and baked until crispy! Dang it guys! Now I have to shopping during Blizzard part duex! see what you do to me! Might as well get some Havarti while out.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Somewhere there is video of an attempt to melt fake-ass cheese..it doesn't melt, it just turns black...like plastic.

Here you go Kosmic. (Oh and if you type into You Tube Fake cheese turns black, you'll get a TON of videos.)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: aboutface

Oh t'is a thing of beauty and wonder that you made there.

Why, thank you! It was devoured lustily and you're all invited over next week when I make it again.

Will you marry me?

Of course! But only if we can have a cheese wedding cake.

Throw some Havarti on there and I promise to become a minister and officiate! LOL

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Somewhere there is video of an attempt to melt fake-ass cheese..it doesn't melt, it just turns black...like plastic.

Here you go Kosmic. (Oh and if you type into You Tube Fake cheese turns black, you'll get a TON of videos.)
Queso no bueno.
I like the stuff that smells like worn out boots.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Wow you made that? Every time I try to take a picture of something I make it turns out horrible, any tips?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Eating some Superbowl leftovers, and decided some of that queso might be good. WRONG. My sister made it, and she used Velveeta only. It was already a congealed mess of salty grossness before i could get to the table.

So it is now added to the growing list of foods I have given up on. Ill place it right between Spam, and Long John Silvers.

I used to eat at Long John SIlver's about once a year and each time I'd ask myself how it was possible I'd forgotten how bad it was the last time.

At what age do we become aware of how bad Velveeta is? I don't think it's so much the taste as the texture.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I made a Tater Tot casserole and gave some to a friend who is into gourmet food. She loved it. She asked me how I got the little shredded potato rolls so nice and crispy. She didn't know that Tater Tots existed. I pointed out to her that nearly an entire row in the frozen food section is devoted to them in all their variations.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

I used to eat at Long John SIlver's about once a year and each time I'd ask myself how it was possible I'd forgotten how bad it was the last time.

At what age do we become aware of how bad Velveeta is? I don't think it's so much the taste as the texture.

I think, in regards to Long John's, it depends on the area too though. The one here in town is just awful. But the one at my sister's in the South, and at my last town about 20 minutes away from here tastes so fresh and piping hot, it's as if you mad it yourself. OMG! Just the right amount of salt, everything. The hush puppies melt in your mouth. I always get the fried clams, the hush puppies, the onion rings, and the fries. The dinner platter for me is enough food for 2 lunches and 2 dinners. If I'm really hungry, just two dinners. But again, for me, it depends on the location.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine
I made a Tater Tot casserole and gave some to a friend who is into gourmet food. She loved it. She asked me how I got the little shredded potato rolls so nice and crispy. She didn't know that Tater Tots existed. I pointed out to her that nearly an entire row in the frozen food section is devoted to them in all their variations.

My sister is one of those infamous people who wouldn't know cooking if it came up, wrestled with her, smacked her in the face a few times, and then apologized! You know how if you go to the store ad buy a steak, there's going to be an absorbent, diaper-like material under the steak, in the package? My sister went to make a steak one day using one of my dad's brand new $70 pans. She took the steak out of the package, absorbent pad and all and put it in the pan and began to cook. Needless to say, there goes steak AND $70 out the window. She still hasn't told my dad what happened to his pan. LOL I gave her some of my old pans for her birthday that I never used, or only used once. God only knows how long they'll last in her house. LOL That girl knows how to cook 3 things. Scalloped potatoes from the box, ramen, and mac and cheese. LOL

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Wow you made that? Every time I try to take a picture of something I make it turns out horrible, any tips?

I know what you mean, Domo. I'm a much better cook than photographer, so I used the pic from the recipe (my Croque actually looked better than theirs) so I hope it's not cheating to post their pic!

I have a friend who studies photography, and she uses bright lights, multiple angles and many, many captures when she takes food pics. It takes about 25 snaps to get one good picture. Bon Appetit!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Worse than velvetta....is fat-free ice cream....when we tried it...well, it was just foul in taste and in texture.
And it doesn't melt.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

i eat nothing fat free. Typically, i either eat abot 3/4lb of ham or bacon for my early meal, then a 1/2lb protein with salad for my evening meal.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Love fat...this was a long time ago, before I discovered the joy of low carb.

I'd rather have a teaspoon of coconut oil straight than anything fat-free

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

I agree. There's no excuse for eating Velveeta, especially since making the real thing (nacho sauce) is so easy.

Just make a basic white sauce, melt your favorite real cheese in it. then blend in your favorite salsa or picante sauce.
Tweak the seasoning to your taste and there you have it.

Plus Velveeta is loaded with preservatives -- enough so Velveeta can last on store shelves indefinitely without refrigeration. That should scare anyone who thinks.

<< 1   >>

join