It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am uploading my Mars work to this thread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Strebor

The images you are looking at are put together by the individual images taken by the rover.

Personally, I look at the raw images from Curiosity, that way I avoid any issues that may arise from any possible stitching errors or distortions that may happen to make any panorama.

This is the link I use for those raw images:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

You can browse the images either by instrument or by the Sol they were taken on.

We've had many here that show something using Google Earth (Moon/Mars), that in many cases look different when we go and take a look at the actual raw image.

Not saying that is always the case, or the case with your images, but many here will demand a link, or at least information (The Sol the image was taken, the camera, etc, etc) so they can go find the original image and look at that.

You'll find that many on here will look at your images and say: "That's nice, you know how to use a photoshop program. Do you have a copy of the unaltered original?", not really because they are being snarky or rude, but because they want to see if they can see the same thing without any "enhancements" made.

We've had many ATS members here present Mars Anomaly threads and images here, and most of the ones that do have learned to provide a link to the original image because it gets asked for every time.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
They all look like rocks.

Funny that, pictures of rocks on Mars.... look like rocks on Mars!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

At a minimum, you should locate the area we are supposed to be looking at for each pic posted.

Like...

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Strebor
a reply to: eriktheawful

The problem is, all of these (except for a few noted) are coming from the same "Billion-Pixel Rocknest" photo, on NASA's interactive site.

Actually they are coming from individual pictures stitched together - people want you to link to the original pictures, not pictures distorted by the stitching process.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
After looking at the rocks and stuff, I will say most look like rocks, however some look as though they are ruins of some sort. Could be an ancient civilization long gone blasted into kingdom come for all we know. Keep up the good work, and dont let the skeptics discourage you.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Though I'll never see what you Martians see, this goes for you too: Thanks.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The one with the two feet/ankles sticking out from the dirt has to the far left, what looks like the side of an electric motor just sitting there.
I have seen other "motor" images from Mars pics and lots of mechanical debris looking objects.

Your work is much appreciated and you are really seeing what is in these images. Not a lot of people allow their eyes to see the truth when doing so would reveal that their keeper has been spitting in the soup. No one wants to admit they have been eating soup they know has been spit in, so as long as a majority is still eating the soup, it can't be that bad. Sociology is revealing in these scenarios.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Another good reason to know what SOL the pictures were taken on, and looking at the individual pictures, is because often an object will appear in 2 or more pictures taken from different angles so you can get a more accurate idea of the shape and size of the object.
searching through all the individual pictures to find a different angle of an object is time consuming but it`s worth the effort to get a more true representation of the object.

ETA: It seems that curiosity was in the rocknest area on SOl 64,i don`t know how long it stayed there so you may also want to check the pictures that were taken on the SOL`s before and after SOL 64, 4-5 SOL`s before and after SOL64.
edit on 4-2-2015 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Strebor
Same PIA17931 as above

Bottom left.. Arrow marks what appears to be a statue lying in the Martian soil.
I carefully searched for the edges, removed from the soil, applied contrast and stood him upright.
Voila.

I truly believe that this photo, like many others, demonstrates mass destruction in the Gale Crater area of Mars.

I attempt to outline this in the videos I recently uploaded to Youtube.
And because there is so much in some of the pics to show, I carefully demonstrate where everything is found.
The Billion-Pixel Rocknest image as well. I made shorts video segments showing where objects are located, and compiled.

They are located under my account page, "TheRealJimmyRoberts1" As of now, there are three and they all have a main title of "Welcome to Mars." If the admins feel it is okay to link here, I will. I'm not a "view-whore" just trying to help like a lot of others here.

You did this one? I've seen that before, and commented that of course it's a bunch of rocks. If the "object" was actually stood up it would fall apart into maybe a dozen different rocks. It's not a statue made out of one rock.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I love these threads. Thanks.

Okay, now that's just creepy!

edit on 4-2-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

This is a crop of an object to left of those creepy looking feet and ankles sticking out. Looks a lot like an electrical motor.

Here is another motor taken from the anomalies thread, but alas, I can't find the original. It was hotly debated last summer and many folks said its just a rock that resembles an electric motor. This isn't how engineers think though, and when you see something that looks exactly like a manufactured and complex thing like a motor, then that is what you are looking at.

Not a rock that just happens to look like it, since there isn't any known model in nature for rocks to have that good of geometry, and also have horizontal and vertical right angles, curves and angles that conform perfectly to manufacturing and design elements of something very specific can't be naturally occurring.
edit on 5-2-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join