It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Rochelle Police Officer Points Gun at Kids Having Snowball Fight… Not The Onion

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

WTF....what is wrong with these cops...seriously do they have to pass a stupidity test before they are let out in the street ?...

from your article....

The officers asked if she was the homeowner and then went to her father’s room down the hall.

wow both of those cops need to facepalm themselves
edit on 3-2-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

WTF....what is wrong with these cops...seriously do they have to pass a stupidity test before they are let out in the street ?...

from your article....

The officers asked if she was the homeowner and then went to her father’s room down the hall.

They should be fired immediately and barred for life from doing anything near police work including mall cops or meter maids.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I thought it was legal to own a gun in America.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

from your article....

Run! Quick and don't look back! You found out their little secret and soon they will be after you! I've seen it happen to others! They were never heard from again!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: defcon5
So what? You are saying that because someone phones in to report a crime, the cops get to treat everyone in the area as if they committed that unsubstantiated crime, until they prove themselves innocent?

I’m not just saying it, the law says it in the case of brandishing.
It does not even have to be a real firearm, as long as the threatened person BELIEVES it’s one, and it puts them in fear for their safety. The reason the law reads this way in many states is because of the number or robberies that involve toy or fake weapons.

There's no point in arguing the point with me, its in many states laws, written in black and white.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

We used to try and make sure said patrol cars had the window down. Geez, what happened to having a sense of humor? This, er, officer, needs to find a new line of work, if he's under that much stress.

(post by scghst1 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: scghst1 My dear sir, I must object.
Seriously, to what exactly are you referring?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Wow, WTH?

New Rochelle cops are like white plains cops, pricks. If you arent from New York, they are cops that try to feel bad ass in a suburb area with petty crime, so they try to make everything into a scene out of first blood. White plains cops at least have a more volatile population with crazy people on drugs that do actually do dumb dangerous crap every now and again. New Rochelle, not so much. This guy needs to get into a bar fight and lose some teeth to a grown ass man.

Why, WHY would you pull your weapon? What ?!?!, if you got hit with a snowball you are going to suffer serious injury?

I hope his supervisors realize that this one is the type you "take care of" instead of taking care of him. He needs to be the object of ridicule for his entire career or be fired. I hope he gets messed with so bad that he transfers to the Bronx, Mt Vernon or south Yonkers and meets REAL criminals he is apparently itching to meet.

Freaking kids..... playing.

LEOS, find this guy and talk to him. Its your private community. Make him realize that this is what you guys dont need. THIS is what gets cops killed or what gets cops injured. THIS is what makes people whip out phones when you are down and out to record you while they laugh instead of calling 911 for you. Its outright criminal injustice and unless you take care of him and those like him the way that old school guys would, you will continue to face a world of new problems you are ever being castrated to deal with. I am not saying tune him up, but he needs some MAJOR shunning.

LEOS, you need to take care of this where you see it. Those kids will never forget this and one day they will be adults. Think about that. Voters, gun owners, witnesses, what ever.

edit on 4 14 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
This thread picked up in recent again.

Now I am not known for defending police however I do like to look up how stories like this have progressed and what actions were taken.

'There was no snowball fight': Video showing New Rochelle police officer pulling gun on teens not what it seems: cops

He said police were responding to a 911 call around 4 p.m. Friday that a teenager standing in a group of six near the Heritage Houses had pulled a gun from his waistband and pointed it at another person.

“We dispatched several cars to the area. Police officers got out of their cars and one of the individuals bent down, adjusted something in his waistband and ran,” Murphy said.

As one officer took off after the suspect, another remained with the five teens who did not run, Murphy said.

“Don’t f-----g move, guys,” the cop shouts in one of two clips that were sent to the Talk of the Sound.

In the OPs link it was mentioned that two officers responded but only one was recorded so this answers where the other was at.

They say they may release may release a transcript of the call, but not the recording.

“I’m sure that if I release it (the recording), there are people in the neighborhood who will identify the (caller),” Murphy said. “We depend on the public to give us information. If you violate that (trust), then what do you tell people? We know what happened, I know what happened and that’s it.

Looking at the way the vehicles were parked I can't imagine there is video. This is another reason police should all have body cameras. It doesn't solve all the problems, but it would cut down on some.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Yeah, I doubt that all very highly. The person recording for one said they were having a snowball fight. If they release the 9/11 call with proper logs then I guess I will shut up, but those magical "calls" that sent them there are almost always BS or so far unrelated that it doesnt apply. Trust me.

If the person (teenager) adjusted something in his waist and ran it was probably pot, since weapons are like nonexistent among criminals in this area. Its a very low crime area with like mostly stolen bike reports or dumb vandalism. Not even like graffiti or something. Its all like stealing lawn ornaments or Halloween decorations or egging a house.

just no.

BUT you may be right about the call. Even then, just no.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I am not claiming to know which one is the truth, but I am experienced enough to know there isn't a city or state in the US where weapons are inexistent.

There are places where they are rare, but that is a different story.
edit on 14-4-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I guess. I wasnt saying the contrary. I was just trying to add context. In any event lets hope its "somewhat" merited and we can say that it was training kicking in for a rookie cop who may have over reacted. I just cant imagine how.

have a good one.

EDIT TO ADD:
Here is a crime rate map: www.neighborhoodscout.com...

Most is property related crime. The violent is probably domestic in nature and not fatal. Cant be all, but most is probably just fights and wife beaters. Thats just a little over 11% of total crime as violent.

Further edit:
Yeah zero murder. Most of that is assault or robbery. Like I said, lawn gnomes and costumed straw men get lifted and accompany kids at under age drinking parties in the woods. LOL

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join