It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Politicians face criminal charges for lies?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
After four years of Obama, I just don't see it possible that he was legitimately voted in a 2nd time.

Honestly, I don't believe a vote is worth the time it takes to drive down, stand in line and drop in a ballet.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: DarkGameGod
Yes, yes they should. If we (citizens) lie to police we go to jail. Same if we lie to a judge, IRS, and most any other government and/or alphabet agency. Why shouldn't they.

My logic exactly.

You don't lie in a court of law.

So why should you be allowed to lie in Congress or parliament where laws are made?

People commit perjury all the time. Police do it, all the time. I don't see how making a rule or law to "make people tell the truth" or whatever, will change anything. I totally agree with you, that people should be held accountable though. But I don't see how thing will change unless the system in which this happens, fundamentally changes.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
a reply to: crazyewok

That would be great but it would quickly result in the destruction of society as we currently understand it. No joke.

The entire artifice is built on the premise that everyone lives within the same rule set and they play the same "games".

Elites have rigged a completely different game with very different rules . The whole thing rides on the masses not being able to figure that out.

The US justice system and elections are illegitimate. The evidence of the lies, deceit and inverted incentives is staggering. It's best if the masses not wake up to that reality.

Not true, it's ignoring a headache because the chemo for a brain tumor doesn't seem pleasant. Sure it will bring society to it's knees, but then we can finally get to putting the pieces back together correctly.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Voyager1

If you have been casting your vote by ballet then I can see where the problem may be. You see, most nations have a voting process which does not actually register a series of plié, in conjunction with elegant jumping, as being a valid vote.

Unless, of course, you meant a BALLOT in which case, I am inclined to agree. My vote here in the UK feels like it will be about as much use as a paper shield at a gladiators pit.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

If you like the [health care] plan you have, you can keep it
–President Barack Obama, June 6, 2009

We found the weapons of mass destruction [in Iraq]. We found biological laboratories
President George W. Bush, May 29, 2003

We are not about to send American boys nine or ten thousand miles away from home to do what Asian boys ought to be doing for themselves
–President Lyndon Johnson, October 1964

Right/Left round the world politician lie.

And as listed above those lies have been used to trick nations into big errors and blunders.

So should politician be held accountable for those lies?

Should what they say be held countable like in a court of law?

For me if a politician is caught lieng or making a promise they had clearly no intention or ability to keep charges ranging form perjury and treason should be on the table for them.

Politicians put away for lying = no politicians left.

A clean plate is always a good place to start. the entire structure needs removed and restructured FOR THE PEOPLE! and boot out all this corporate junk
edit on 2-2-2015 by St0mP121 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I didn't even need to read this to come up with an answer-but I read it anyway and my answer is still yes.

If I lied to a judge, I'd be pinched for perjury-but if Messrs Abbot, Blair, Bush, Cameron and Reagan followed suit they'd be given the benefit of the doubt because prominence precedes justice.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

"Should Politicians face criminal charges for lies?"

Would there be any Politicians that we did not prosecute should the answer to the question be yes?

Probably not would be my guess. The simple fact remains that its one rule for "Them" and another for the rest.

edit on 2-2-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

But obama legalized propaganda (lying).

Only a liar needs to make rules that say "I can lie to everybody-and you can't do anything about it".

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

All it takes is one lie to a cop.

Then they can do whatever they wish to you.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

So should politician be held accountable for those lies?

The voters who elected them (or at least contributed to the election charade) should be held responsible.

This is the single most retarded thing ive heard this week.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join