It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White people are not racist (russell peters comedy)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
eek, i love this guy. have you heard him yet?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

We met him at the Gemini Awards a couple of years ago at the CBC building, he's a funny guy. We were there with another friend and he walked up to her and said, "I didn't know they invited the cast of Coronation Street?" I'd upload a pic but I am in enough trouble with the wife LOL.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

We met him at the Gemini Awards a couple of years ago at the CBC building, he's a funny guy. We were there with another friend and he walked up to her and said, "I didn't know they invited the cast of Coronation Street?" I'd upload a pic but I am in enough trouble with the wife LOL.

Cheers - Dave

yeah i really like his skits. there's a better version of the one in the op, extended version, i mean. i'm looking for it now.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The funny thing is that it's so true...

I love Russell Peters, one of my favourite Canadian comedians.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
i think it's somewhere in this

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
That is so true, Its actually quite shocking how racist the average Asian person is (Asian as in from Asia, not Asians who grew up in Western countries)

Malaysia is a great example. You have the Malays, Chinese and Indians as the 3 main racial groups and while there is no tension or open hostility they all constantly talk smack about the other 2.

Malays are lazy, have too many children and then expect handouts, their corrupt and lie
The Chinese are cheap and greedy, gamble too much and only look after their own
The indians are drunks and useless and violent

I cant tell you how many times I heard the above from otherwise intelligent and enlightened Malaysian friends.
Funny thing was they all get along great and most people couldnt tell you 1 person who fits the stereotypes, but thats just their friends, all the other Malays/Indians/Chinese are exactly like the stereotype suggests in their opinion.

I also agree that Whiteys arent really that racist, we just have a very VERY vocal minority who are and they are much more aggressive and in your face with their racism while Asian Racism is very passive and under the surface so almost seems non existant

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Go to YouTube and check out Ari Shaffir's "Amazing Racist."
That dude is hilarious.
I won't post it here. It may be found offensive by some.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: skunkape23
a reply to: VoidFire
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

This post is NOT a joke, it is a real question!

Ok, question for you guys that I asked my mother.

(Background)

My executive daughter is mentoring a young girl from a very poor school district, she is 8 years old. She is one of 10 children, one is her full sibling, Dad doesn't live with her, the oldest sibling is in jail. The school recognized how bright she is, doing fantastic in math and wanted a mentor for reading and history. My daughter is dyslexic and has overcome it and felt she would be a perfect match to mentor the little girl.

I thought the American Girl books would be a good fit to inspire reading and history for the little girl. So I researched and found there are 2 African-American American Girls. So I ordered some of the books for the little girl. I also went to a "cheap" bookstore to get more books.

My daughter was queasy about me buying the African-American books, since she has quite a few AG books from her childhood. Then when I told the clerk at the bookstore what I wanted and why, she asked "Is the girl African-American?"
I said yes and she directed me to books that the content could be about any race little girl but the illustrations were Black families.

I purchased several of the books and now have the AG books to give my daughter to take to the little girl for their mentoring time.

(QUESTIONS)

Was I racist for looking specifically for books about Black (African American) children?

Would I have been racist just to get a set of the mostly white AG books instead of getting a selection of AG books about mostly black girls (BTW, with one set of books did come one American Indian girl and one white girl)?

Was I racist for even thinking about race when choosing the books for her?

Would I have been racist for not thinking about race when choosing the books for her?

Was I racist for even buying the books for her instead of letting my daughter take her old all white AG books to mentoring?

These are actual questions that I have been wrestling with.

I am truly interested in your responses.

edit on 10Thu, 29 Jan 2015 10:47:34 -0600am12901amk294 by grandmakdw because: grammar format addition

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

if she is african american, she lives in a multi-racial culture. so i'm thinking it really wouldn't matter what race the people were in the books.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

if she is african american, she lives in a multi-racial culture. so i'm thinking it really wouldn't matter what race the people were in the books.

I see your point. When I told my daughter about buying the books, she said "That's racist."
Just what I expected.

When I asked "Wouldn't it be racist to not get her books about African-American girls, or look for them?"
She got quiet and changed the subject.

I knew it would be a lose-lose after I purchased the books. I'm not even sure my daughter will share them with the little girl for fear of being called racist for giving the books to the little girl, because most of the books are about African-American children; even though the little girl herself is African-American.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

i don't think it matters if they are african american. lol i don't think it matters if they aren't african american. either way is fine, is what i'm saying. i think you're worrying needlessly.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

No its not racist. I would get a relatively well rounded selection with all available races with maybe a couple of extra black ones. There's no reason a white girl and black girl wouldn't enjoy reading a book with families that are Asian, Indian, Arabian, Hispanic etc. Its the content that counts, as you alluded to. But whatever you choose is fine, since your decision was not backed by racist thoughts. There was no derision involved. It's almost like the point made in the video: There was nothing wrong with noticing she was black. If anything, it was considerate of you to include those books.

To the OP: That's a great video. I think I will watch the full show tonight

top topics

join