It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives lament decline of Sarah Palin following ‘rambling, painful’ weekend speech

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: olaru12

Again with Raw Story ??

I'm not sure I follow what you are saying. Most Republicans don't look to Palin for 2016 and this Republican gave her a good thrashing ... but you are complaining about Republicans not liking her?? So Republicans are damned if they put Palin up for office ... and damned if they say she isn't good enough for office???

What's the purpose of this thread? I'm not seeing it.

Yes Raw Story....you are a mod now, so Censor the sites that don't agree with your ideology and dogma.
I know it's extreme and that's why I use it so often to try and counter the Fox devotees that think Fox is word and gospel.

Petition the 3 amigos to have it removed and placed on the unacceptable sources list, if it bothers you that much.

What's the purpose of this thread? I'm not seeing it.

The thread was a mixture of truth, sarcasm, reality, and an attempt at showing the hypocrisy and mean spiritedness of the conservatives when one of their own slides outside of their version of acceptability. I think we both know that exGov. Palin is an embarrassment to the GOP but no way in hell do they want to piss off the true believers that still think she is a viable candidate.

At least that is what I was trying to express....

"Sarcasm" besides being the lowest form of humor it's often lost on literal thinkers. I also use exaggeration to try and make a point sometimes; apparently I failed in this attempt.

edit on 27-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
www.rawstory.com...

Sam Clovis, a conservative Iowa college professor and radio commentator who recently lost a primary campaign to Palin-endorsed, now-Senator Joni Ernst, claimed it is now hard to take Palin seriously.

“I know she is popular, but it is hard to take her seriously given that performance,” Clovis said. “Palin was a sad story Saturday. With every speech she gives, she gets worse and worse. If one were playing a political cliche drinking game, no one would have been sober after the first 15 minutes of an interminable ramble. It was really painful.”

These conservatives are deluded if they think exGov. Sarah P. will go quietly into the night. Palin has become a media darling and quite the entertainer. She loves the spotlight and will continue to be in it as long as her faithful devotees worship at her cult of personality and I'm pleased as punch to count myself among them. Palin in 16!!!!

Writing on the Iowa Republican blog, Craig Robinson said he had a hard time finding anyone who reacted positively to Palin’s speech.

“Of all the people I talked to about Palin’s speech, only one person didn’t have a negative reaction. That person basically said it was a typical Sarah Palin speech. It was received poorly by everyone else I spoke with, ” he wrote. ” I’m not comfortable sharing everything I heard about the speech — it was that bad.”

You are full of BS mr. Craig Robinson!!!!! It was a fantastic, classic Palin speech and true to the form that she originated and made famous. See it below and make up your own mind.

www.youtube.com...

Oh my god stop already, my heads gonna explode!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moana
I may not know Sarah Palin, but I do know a lot of drunks, and that appears to be one and the same. Either that or Benzos. I think she may have been a little too nervous before that speech and -ahem- over-corrected.

I was thinking the same thing but tweaked with a mixture of crank and blow.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
As an outsider looking in...what the Hell is going on? Palin looked like a cleaned up drug addict spewing verbal diarrhea, just like the last time I was pointed to one of her speeches. Did her teleprompter break and cause that much damage? Do people seriously consider her as a presidential candidate or even a running mate??

Obviously I don't understand the draw to Palin for some. Is it like the popularity of Honey Boo Boo, cause that confuses me too and seems along the same lines.

What drug is she on anyway? It looks fun. Benzo's you say?
edit on 27-1-2015 by noeltrotsky because: grammer

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Real question - you want her for president?

If it is a choice between Palin and Hillary/Warren etal, then yes. I would prefer her for president over them.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

If it is a choice between Palin and Hillary/Warren etal, then yes. I would prefer her for president over them.

That's the easy way out beezz - it was a serious question

Don't we know already just how much you hate ole Hillary. You'd probably vote for Obama again before her :-)

(Also - where you been? Don't you love us anymore?)

:-)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Beezer is corporate cia shill numero uno!
He prob got a sweet vacation.

Jokes of course

What makes you want her over the likes of clinton/warren beezer?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Jokes of course

I'd vote for anyone who wanted smaller government, smaller government control/influence over our lives.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Jokes of course

I'd vote for anyone who wanted smaller government, smaller government control/influence over our lives.

Yeah, good luck with that....

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Jokes of course

You may call me a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. . . . . .

(everybody sing. . .! )

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Jokes of course

You may call me a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. . . . . .

(everybody sing. . .! )

Well, if you are going to dream; dream big! Who's your pick? And who do you actually think has a chance at being nominated.

imo...Bush has already been chosen and I got green money to back it up. Want some of this action?

Not only do I see Bush as the GOP golden boy but POTUS in 16 and in less than 6mo. we will have troops in Iran. It's an established pattern.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

*Sigh*

No. As much as I would dislike Bush, we'll be given a choice of bad or bad.

We need someone who doesn't conform. But that'll never happen.

Bush or Clinton, might as well kiss the feeble, remaining freedoms we do still have goodbye.

My vote will be for a libertarian candidate.
edit on 27-1-2015 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moana
I may not know Sarah Palin, but I do know a lot of drunks, and that appears to be one and the same. Either that or Benzos. I think she may have been a little too nervous before that speech and -ahem- over-corrected.

Maybe Seconal. Not really in still in fashion, but I'm seeing a lot of the symptoms.

agitated
seizures
nausea
disoriented
confused

I'm getting a contact buzz. A little nauseous, but the ganglia have calmed down, no more twitching clusters from the inflections…I am willing to listen calmly... to this.

# 352

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

*Sigh*

No. As much as I would dislike Bush, we'll be given a choice of bad or bad.

We need someone who doesn't conform. But that'll never happen.

Bush or Clinton, might as well kiss the feeble, remaining freedoms we do still have goodbye.

My vote will be for a libertarian candidate.

Looks like you're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Libertarian huh? You should enjoy this.....

www.lp.org...

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Here is exGov Palin's response to those criticizing her speech.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr0neT3k

You know, Obama and other Democrats have said a lot of stupid stuff that turned out to be complete bunk (ISIS JV team comes to mind) and he actually holds the most powerful office in the country. Yet, when Palin says anything, it becomes this huge national story that lasts for weeks.

It would be an even bigger story if she ever said anything that made sense, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I would like to see a word analysis on this speech. It aint just for the POTUS and SOTU speeches. I heard the word Palin most since everything is third person with her . Almost as if that is how she distances herself from what "that Palin lady" says. Also the first portion of the speech is all about how she doesnt get the respect SHE DESERVES. Poor Sarah.

edit on 28-1-2015 by regor77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I see she must have felt we missed some of her anecdotes from the first rant. Thankfully it isnt too soon to be repetitive. It probably takes "more than a village" to write her speeches too.
edit on 28-1-2015 by regor77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Real question - you want her for president?

Rather than picking through the feces of either party, how about somebody new?

As for Palin, specifically, she is a half-term Governor and clearly incapable of running a bath, let alone the country. As soon as her teleprompter went dark, so did her brain. Hardly worthy. Clearly Hillary isn't worthy either. There are those that sit in the big chair, and those that feel superior sitting in the cheap seats criticizing and trying to look superior.

The country can do better, and it can hardly do worse.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

what the hell it should be a rule if you ever had a reality tv show you cant run for any office and then keep your mouth shut
and im more of a republican conservative than i am a democrat liberal but i dont think im either
so im not against her but like i said tv reality shows and politics dont mix
there too close to the same thing

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join