It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives lament decline of Sarah Palin following ‘rambling, painful’ weekend speech

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Sam Clovis, a conservative Iowa college professor and radio commentator who recently lost a primary campaign to Palin-endorsed, now-Senator Joni Ernst, claimed it is now hard to take Palin seriously.

“I know she is popular, but it is hard to take her seriously given that performance,” Clovis said. “Palin was a sad story Saturday. With every speech she gives, she gets worse and worse. If one were playing a political cliche drinking game, no one would have been sober after the first 15 minutes of an interminable ramble. It was really painful.”

These conservatives are deluded if they think exGov. Sarah P. will go quietly into the night. Palin has become a media darling and quite the entertainer. She loves the spotlight and will continue to be in it as long as her faithful devotees worship at her cult of personality and I'm pleased as punch to count myself among them. Palin in 16!!!!

Writing on the Iowa Republican blog, Craig Robinson said he had a hard time finding anyone who reacted positively to Palin’s speech.

“Of all the people I talked to about Palin’s speech, only one person didn’t have a negative reaction. That person basically said it was a typical Sarah Palin speech. It was received poorly by everyone else I spoke with, ” he wrote. ” I’m not comfortable sharing everything I heard about the speech — it was that bad.”

You are full of BS mr. Craig Robinson!!!!! It was a fantastic, classic Palin speech and true to the form that she originated and made famous. See it below and make up your own mind.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 27-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Palin/Nugent

McCain sec Defense.

2016, Going out with a kitty and a bang.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Like anyone believed she was a legit candidate in 2016. Realistically anyway.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

Based on 2012, I think the GOP sees pretty much anyone as a realistic candidate.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Typical...another conservative bashing exGov. Palin. She is the PERFECT standard bearer for the GOP!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I guess we shall see after the next election.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I guess we shall see after the next election.

Well, we're ready for the RINOs to try and trample her into the political dust but she is a "Mama Grizzly" don't forget.....
edit on 27-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Palin/Nugent

McCain sec Defense.

2016, Going out with a kitty and a bang.

No No

McCain Sec of State

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
So we should judge potential leaders simply on how they speak versus the way they lead.

God forbid anyone here ever made a mistake speaking or writing.

Good thing only perfect people are able to comment, and what a surprise to see so many perfect people who have never made mistakes.

I am truely humbled by your perfection and awesomeness.

*small bow*
edit on 27-1-2015 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

You know, Obama and other Democrats have said a lot of stupid stuff that turned out to be complete bunk (ISIS JV team comes to mind) and he actually holds the most powerful office in the country. Yet, when Palin says anything, it becomes this huge national story that lasts for weeks.
edit on 27-1-2015 by Dr0neT3k because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

So we should judge potential leaders simply on how they speak versus the way they lead.

I've heard the term "leading from behind" before....Palin introduced me to a new one: "lead by quitting". That is a cutting edge philosophy. Perhaps we should giver her another chance and see if she continues her leadership philosophy.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr0neT3k

Thats because she scares the crap out of the democrats. They know Obama was an affirmative action president and not elected on his abilities or accomplishments.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr0neT3k

Did you watch the speech?
Sure barry said some things that didn't make sense but he did so in the standard structure of a sentence.

Her teleprompter broke, so I'll give her some benefit of the doubt but it got pretty bad.
edit on thTue, 27 Jan 2015 13:44:44 -0600America/Chicago120154480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
That whole group of GOP hopefuls at the Iowa "Freedom Summit" looked more like a convention of GOP Also-rans of years past. Not a single one of them will even make the ticket as a potential VP,let alone as a candidate for the big chair.

Palin was particularly bizarre in her presentation, I thought she might have been having a mini stroke!

Trust me, none of these loons-of-campaigns-past will even make the short list.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Sarah Palin has become a parody of Tina Fey doing her Sarah Palin impression. She has embraced her public persona so much that she has become what people expect and not what she is.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Beezzer!

A very good point - as many of us are from time to time guilty of rambling, painful, weekend speech

Good thing only perfect people are able to comment, and what a surprise to see so many perfect people who have never made mistakes.

Does this line of thinking apply to Obama as well? :-)

Most public officials know better than to speak off the cuff. Even very good speakers can get themselves in a whole lot of trouble when they wing it

Knowing what to say, how to say it and when to say it is, in my opinion, part of good leadership

But, if what she says isn't important, and public speaking skills are second to leadership skills - how well does Ms. Sarah lead then? Is she your first choice? Your second - or even your third?

Real question - you want her for president?

edit on 1/27/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Again with Raw Story ??

I'm not sure I follow what you are saying. Most Republicans don't look to Palin for 2016 and this Republican gave her a good thrashing ... but you are complaining about Republicans not liking her?? So Republicans are damned if they put Palin up for office ... and damned if they say she isn't good enough for office???

What's the purpose of this thread? I'm not seeing it.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I am truely humbled by your perfection and awesomeness.

*small bow*

This women couldn't lead ants to a Picnic, she is vacant, dumb, vapid, and homely. TPTB are the ones behind her, imagine the wool they could pull over dumb-dumbs eyes.
edit on 27-1-2015 by ugmold because: addition

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I may not know Sarah Palin, but I do know a lot of drunks, and that appears to be one and the same. Either that or Benzos. I think she may have been a little too nervous before that speech and -ahem- over-corrected.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join