It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Real and Weird Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
What I can guarantee is that what I am going to say is all the truth and nothing but the truth.

This case begins with dreams and please ask yourself have you even had experience of dreaming exactly the same dream? If yes, have you ever dreamed it for many times and suddenly it comes to a stop?

The case is about a guy who now is a successful professional. Before he was born, his father dreamed about two children running towards him and therefore named him “two-individuals”. When he was a teenager, there was a period he began to dream a horrible dream. Now he can only remember the very beginning of the dream and how the dream ends. In the beginning of the dream, he finds himself squatting in a very huge room. In the end, he finds himself on a fast moving train. And also in this period, his brother told him that he could see a indistinct triangular shadow around his nose.

In the beginning, he had that dream occasionally. Since the dream was horrible, he in fact was quite afraid of that. Then the frequency of that dream turned to accelerate so that finally he would enter the dream not only when he was sleeping but even triggered by the flat noise of electric saw outside (there was a wood cutting workshop near his home) when he was still awake such as when he was doing his homework in his room. When awake, he would know when he was going to enter the dream and he would struggle to avoid entering the dream in vain.

Then all of sudden he suffered severe Guillain-Barre syndrome which almost killed him. There are some facts about this rare disease according to John Hopkins: “Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) is a neurological disorder in which the body's immune system attacks part of the peripheral nervous system…Although rare, the NINDS says that GBS afflicts about one person in 100,000…Currently, it is not known why Guillain-Barré strikes some people. What is known is that the body's immune system begins to attack the body itself…Normally, the cells of the immune system attack only foreign material and invading organisms, but in Guillain-Barré syndrome, the immune system starts to destroy the myelin sheath that surrounds the axons of many nerve cells, and, sometimes, the axons themselves. When this occurs, the nerves cannot send signals efficiently, the muscles lose their ability to respond to the commands of the brain, and the brain receives fewer sensory signals from the rest of the body. The result is an inability to feel heat, pain, and other sensations.”
www.hopkinsmedicine.org...

He survived Guillain-Barre syndrome and the dream had never been back again not even for once. The triangular shadow disappeared. And he turned to be another person. Before that he had been a quite common teenager, suddenly he became quite clever and jumped to the top student in his middle school as well as in college.

How could a person had the exactly the same dream and even can be triggered into it? Why a man’s the immune system attacks his own body regarding it as a FOREIGN MATERIAL? Why the dream suddenly stopped after his suffer of Guillain-Barre syndrome? What causes his great change?

He said he had three different dreams in the night when he almost died under heavily intensive care. In every dream he either walked out the ward or vertically flew into the sky sitting on a strange craft and back to the ward again.

I have no idea what on earth has happened to him. Is his experience a sort of ABDUCTION in mental level? Is he an object of certain experiment of genetic modification? Even his father’s dream and his name seem now so destined. Frankly speaking, since it is just far beyond my knowledge, I would like to link his experience with extraterrestrials.

Do you guys have any thoughts about this case and of course I welcome more scientific explanations.
edit on 27-1-2015 by Paperjacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
You can have the same repeated dream and be triggered into it while awake if it is associated with a compartmentalised trauma. The person in question probably has a form of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. It seems he is triggered by a noise that reminds him of the event.

Dreams relay messages from the unconscious to the conscious mind. If they increase in frequency it probably indicates a matter of urgency that he's not getting. It cant tell you in words, it has to use symbolism.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Paperjacket

My interpretation of the dream is thus: the subconscious knew the illness was coming and was warning the conscious. The scary dreams implied threat. OR the illness was the physical manifestation of the dream.

Jung found that the conscious mind was the tip of the iceberg!

The dreams of a "higher power" in the form of "aliens" with their greater assumed abilities to heal, was a sign of hope and healing. The flying and separation of the consciousness from the body may have been a "near death OBE" of sorts.

I would be interested in more details of that part of the experience.

The father's dream shows a demarcation in the child, a before and after the brush with death.

Dreams are powerful sometimes. I had powerful warning dreams when I had cancer, before I had a remote clue that I was sick with it!!

Dreams and symbols are no less real for being "in our heads" when they emerge from a deeper place within us, than what we see in our waking hours.

Is there more information?

I'm not sure about the triangle...what do you think that meant?

Peace,
AB
edit on 27-1-2015 by AboveBoard because: grammer...sheesh!

edit on 27-1-2015 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
You can have the same repeated dream and be triggered into it while awake if it is associated with a compartmentalised trauma. The person in question probably has a form of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. It seems he is triggered by a noise that reminds him of the event.

Dreams relay messages from the unconscious to the conscious mind. If they increase in frequency it probably indicates a matter of urgency that he's not getting. It cant tell you in words, it has to use symbolism.

No however it is not a recurring dream as you imply. Recurring dreams are those in which you repeatedly dream the same themes or similar pictures. It is almost impossible for our brain to generate an exact same dream twice. But in his case, he dreamed exact same dream not twice but many times.

Further he knew that the dream was horrible, but he just could recall how the dream began and how it ended, which were not horrible at all. Apparently it was the real content of the dream was horrible, which he could not tell at all. But in case of recurring dreams, dreamers remember the key part of the dreams.

As to the PTSD you mentioned, it was not even possible for him because he had a very happy childhood.

In his case, it seems that the disappearance of the dream as well as the frequency of the dream do have apparent relationship with GBS. Dreams may transfer some information mainly in a psychological world such as subconsciousness. But not only encoding GBS omen if there is any in a dream, but alerting him by change of frequency? This is however not from subconsciousness to consciousness, but from physiological to mental. What kind of mechanism it would require? I have not seen any theory explaining this.

And recurring dreams can't explain the huge change of that guy either.

It seems to me a huge myth.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

My interpretation of the dream is thus: the subconscious knew the illness was coming and was warning the conscious. The scary dreams implied threat. OR the illness was the physical manifestation of the dream.

Jung found that the conscious mind was the tip of the iceberg!

The dreams of a "higher power" in the form of "aliens" with their greater assumed abilities to heal, was a sign of hope and healing. The flying and separation of the consciousness from the body may have been a "near death OBE" of sorts.

I would be interested in more details of that part of the experience.

The father's dream shows a demarcation in the child, a before and after the brush with death.

Dreams are powerful sometimes. I had powerful warning dreams when I had cancer, before I had a remote clue that I was sick with it!!

Dreams and symbols are no less real for being "in our heads" when they emerge from a deeper place within us, than what we see in our waking hours.

Is there more information?

I'm not sure about the triangle...what do you think that meant?

Peace,
AB

Yes I agree that dream is simply amazing and there may be some coded information in them. But that guy''s dream is just far beyond my imagination. People intend to remember the main content of the dream: the key information a dream is trying to tell. That guy knew it was a horrible dream and tried desperately to avoid entering it, but he simply could recall how the dream began and how it ended, which were not horrible at all. Strange isn't it? If the dream was to warn him about GBS, he would remember the key element of the dream. And it is almost impossible for our brain to generate exact same dream twice.

As to the three dreams he had the night he almost died, it seems to me very strange too. Remember Dante Alighieri's the Divine Comedy? The guy's original words in fact are " I think I have been to Inferno, Purgatorial and Paradiso. " Though he can recall some parts of two dreams but has very vague memory of the rest one, he insists that he left the ward and finally got back in all three dreams. He said in one dream he walked out the ward and saw terrible scenes and people fought heavily each other and he shouted he wanted to go back and in another dream he sat on a very strange craft and was lifted to the sky and felt very pleasant but for reason he fell back.

His father's dream happened BEFORE his birth. Considering how great change happened to him after his suffer of GBS, my intelligence is apparently not enough to explain this. Coincidence? There would be simply too much coincidence in this case.

Neither can I explain the triangle shadow. I don't think it is a kind of warning message just like that I don't think the dream is a kind of message.

But if we link the dream, the triangle, GBS, the change of that guy all together, I think at least a possible experiment of genetic modification could explain all. That is the dream was in fact the process of the experiment, the triangle was a mark of the experiment, GBS was caused by the experiment and his immune system was apparently confused, the change of the guy was the final result of the experiment.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Paperjacket
...No however it is not a recurring dream as you imply. Recurring dreams are those in which you repeatedly dream the same themes or similar pictures. It is almost impossible for our brain to generate an exact same dream twice. But in his case, he dreamed exact same dream not twice but many times...

First of all, I'm not convinced that we cannot have the exact dream on multiple occasions. You say it is almost impossible, but I don't understand why you say so.

However, for the sake of this discussion, let's say we cannot have the exact dream over and over. Having said that, I do know that dreams may have been extremely similar (if not exact) and maybe his brain is only remembering the dream as being exactly the same by filling in information. (I know I have had multiple dreams that have been extremely similar).

It is known that our brains in-fill in our past memories with other memories that may come later; once the brain does this memory infill, it seems as if the newer memories are part of the old memories. Dreams are notoriously difficult to remember, so it would not surprise me if his brain was looking back at these similar dreams and making them exact.

Could it be that he was abducted? I don't know, but I suppose it is possible (although I personally don't think there is enough good evidence for ET's visiting Earth, let alone ET abductions -- but it's within the realm of possibility). However, I'm not sure what you seem to be totally discounting the possibility that it could also be his brain creating these dream memories. Memories are a complex thing.

edit on 1/27/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

...No however it is not a recurring dream as you imply. Recurring dreams are those in which you repeatedly dream the same themes or similar pictures. It is almost impossible for our brain to generate an exact same dream twice. But in his case, he dreamed exact same dream not twice but many times...

First of all, I'm not convinced that we cannot have the exact dream on multiple occasions. You say it is almost impossible, but I don't understand why you say so.

However, for the sake of this discussion, let's say we cannot have the exact dream over and over. Having said that, I do know that dreams may have been extremely similar (if not exact) and maybe his brain is only remembering the dream as being exactly the same by filling in information. (I know I have had multiple dreams that have been extremely similar).

It is known that our brains in-fill in our past memories with other memories that may come later; once the brain does this memory infill, it seems as if the newer memories are part of the old memories. Dreams are notoriously difficult to remember, so it would not surprise me if his brain was looking back at these similar dreams and making them exact.

Could it be that he was abducted? I don't know, but I suppose it is possible (although I personally don't think there is enough good evidence for ET's visiting Earth, let alone ET abductions -- but it's within the realm of possibility). However, I'm not sure what you seem to be totally discounting the possibility that it could also be his brain creating these dream memories. Memories are a complex thing.

Well there are a lot of references concerned with recurring dreams and what people repeat is generally the theme of the dream. No doubt there may be a MOMENT in a dream extremely similar to a situation in reality or in another dream as many of us may have such experience. But it is just a moment/picture, not a dream. That guy, however, has gone through not a moment but the same dream so many times and further I don't think he could not tell a similar dream or the same dream. If our brain could reconstruct a 30 minutes dream twice, would you reconsider our brain as just a perfect computer with a software already written by someone else?

Why I come to the conclusion related to extraterrestrials while not just some sort of illusions created by brains is because illusions do not explain GBS and his great change after GBS.

In fact I don't know if a person could be mentally abducted. But apparently people can be mentally controlled. When I use the term abduct I mean I am open-minded to any reasonable explanation to this case though I prefer to explain this case as an experiment of genetic change.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Okay so if the brain cannot reconstruct experiences perfectly then what is photographic memory, in your opinion? Everyone has a photographic memory, we just dont all have conscious access to it. That is why subliminal messaging works. The unconscious mind perceives everything.

Having a happy childhood doesnt negate the probability of PTSD. Traumatic events are compartmentalised in the mind as a defence mechanism, and so its no wonder that most people dont remember them consciously.

Start thinking man! How does a nervous impulse work? You think (psychological) and it translates to action (physical). Possibly it works in reverse, physical notions can be translated into psychological notions. The body communicates, that's what it does.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Why I come to the conclusion related to extraterrestrials while not just some sort of illusions created by brains is because illusions do not explain GBS and his great change after GBS.
Couldn't GBS explain a great change after GBS? I don't know why it would need to have anything to do with illusions or no illusions.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

This.

Or:

The auditory and visual hallucinations were tied to the illness. I've encountered this almost weekly as a therapist. Not so much with this disorder, but it is seriously in the realm of possibilities and it's been known that auto-immune disorders as well as other immune based disorders can lead to neurological phenomena such as the above you mentioned...the fact that it was reoccurring solidifies this.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Okay so if the brain cannot reconstruct experiences perfectly then what is photographic memory, in your opinion? Everyone has a photographic memory, we just dont all have conscious access to it. That is why subliminal messaging works. The unconscious mind perceives everything.

Having a happy childhood doesnt negate the probability of PTSD. Traumatic events are compartmentalised in the mind as a defence mechanism, and so its no wonder that most people dont remember them consciously.

Start thinking man! How does a nervous impulse work? You think (psychological) and it translates to action (physical). Possibly it works in reverse, physical notions can be translated into psychological notions. The body communicates, that's what it does.

My opinion is that photographic memory is more like a picture/ a moment our brains are thought to be able to generate and experience it when we are awake and our brains function. However to reconstruct an exactly same dream is more like a motion picture, which is different from a picture in nature.

My intuition tells me that his easy and happy life hardly can cause PTSD, I am not a psychologist and I am afraid I can't assure you that he has no PTSD, but I briefly googled PTSD and it is said PTSD may develop after a person is exposed to one or more traumatic events and I can assure you that he has never such traumatic event.

As to the possibility that our body would encoding our physical signals into psychological dreams especially an exactly same dream and repeat it with accelerating frequency, frankly I don't know since I have not seen any proof and I highly doubt it.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

Couldn't GBS explain a great change after GBS? I don't know why it would need to have anything to do with illusions or no illusions.

As far as I know, GBS has no such positive and dramatic sequela or it would be a HUGE discovery.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

As far as I know, GBS has no such positive and dramatic sequela or it would be a HUGE discovery.
I don't see why it couldn't cause long term changes if it attacks the nerves. As this site notes long term effects have been noted though they may not be that common they aren't unheard of:

Guillain-Barré Syndrome - Topic Overview

Many people have long-term effects, such as numbness in the toes and fingers. In most cases, these problems won't get in the way of your daily life. Some people have more serious problems, such as long-term weakness or balance problems.

I see no reason to rule it out.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   

I don't see why it couldn't cause long term changes if it attacks the nerves. As this site notes long term effects have been noted though they may not be that common they aren't unheard of:

Guillain-Barré Syndrome - Topic Overview

Many people have long-term effects, such as numbness in the toes and fingers. In most cases, these problems won't get in the way of your daily life. Some people have more serious problems, such as long-term weakness or balance problems.

I see no reason to rule it out.

As you have seen, GBS destroys man's motor nervous system and can't not change a person to another person.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
It attacks nerves. Where is the personality? In the brain. What is in the brain? Nerves.

So it makes no sense to say a disease which affects the nerves can't affect the nerves in the brain, which is what you're saying.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

It attacks nerves. Where is the personality? In the brain. What is in the brain? Nerves.

So it makes no sense to say a disease which affects the nerves can't affect the nerves in the brain, which is what you're saying.

Oh trust me this is turning just another I keep saying A and you would very much like to keep saying B thing. What GBS affects has been studied thoroughly and I suggest you to ask a doctor for professional suggestion. As far as I know, it just can't change a person in that way.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

No however it is not a recurring dream as you imply. Recurring dreams are those in which you repeatedly dream the same themes or similar pictures. It is almost impossible for our brain to generate an exact same dream twice. But in his case, he dreamed exact same dream not twice but many times.

Further he knew that the dream was horrible, but he just could recall how the dream began and how it ended, which were not horrible at all. Apparently it was the real content of the dream was horrible, which he could not tell at all. But in case of recurring dreams, dreamers remember the key part of the dreams.

As to the PTSD you mentioned, it was not even possible for him because he had a very happy childhood.

In his case, it seems that the disappearance of the dream as well as the frequency of the dream do have apparent relationship with GBS. Dreams may transfer some information mainly in a psychological world such as subconsciousness. But not only encoding GBS omen if there is any in a dream, but alerting him by change of frequency? This is however not from subconsciousness to consciousness, but from physiological to mental. What kind of mechanism it would require? I have not seen any theory explaining this.

First, how do you know his was the exact same dream and not slightly different unless you are him, but even still how do you know for certain it was exactly the same while you say in the same instance that cannot happen...except in the single case of your friend? I think this is a case of very good explanations being given to you right off the bat but you are wanting it to be something different so you are not willing to consider anything that doesn't fit the definition you are looking for.

It was Aliens, you are totally right. Thats some spooky ish bro, you should make a movie.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

First, how do you know his was the exact same dream and not slightly different unless you are him, but even still how do you know for certain it was exactly the same while you say in the same instance that cannot happen...except in the single case of your friend? I think this is a case of very good explanations being given to you right off the bat but you are wanting it to be something different so you are not willing to consider anything that doesn't fit the definition you are looking for.

It was Aliens, you are totally right. Thats some spooky ish bro, you should make a movie.

OK, this is why I wrote down the first sentence and the very base I establish my theory is that I do trust the guy, a very serious man. If you have any doubt about that,I don't think that we just lose the very foundation of disccussion. As to the possibility of diffrent dreams even very slightly difference, my thoughts are because he dreamed so many times and I believe he has the ability to make the judgement. However you just make claims and it won't bother me.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Hi Paper, I wasn't trying to be difficult or doubt it actually. I feel like maybe you aren't being as objective about his certainty of being the exact same dream as you are confident in no one else making the same claim because you possibly want this to fit your idea of possibilities. That is a pretty natural thing as I have done the same thing before. Without having talked to the gentleman in question ourselves we can't have the same certainty you do so we can see things from a different angle that doesn't involve any bias on our part. Either way I don't know if you will find an answer to this as we can't possibly tell you for certain what happened but I hope you find something to satisfy you, I just hope you have an open mind even if it leads to something more mundane that you are hoping for.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Yes you are absolutly right. It is quite difficult for you guys to make judgement on what I have said because you did not talk to the guy directly, which is also the common difficult position all second hand evidence is confronted. I share this story here because that guy is a very serious guy and I trust him a lot and would like to see if this case would trigger someone's resonance. If there would be some flaw in his statement such as in fact those are not the same dream, I can't rule out such possibility but I just tend to believe his claim because as what I have said he dreamed that dream not twice but many many times.

In fact, since I don't believe that a man can dream the same dream for many times, my conclusion is that he in fact was not in a dream, he was mentally controlled and anesthetized for genetic modification experiment. That is why he could noly remember how the dream began and how it ended and had no tiny memory of the middle part of the dream, which is totally different from recurring dreams.

Many thx for your reply.

edit on 31-1-2015 by Paperjacket because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join