It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service Recovers Small Drone at White House

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
If it carried a poison or a gun it could be a threat. I know they have bullet proof windows and walls but people still go outside there.

I'm really surprised the whitehouse and other areas like bases etc don't have some sort of scrambler that kills signals like that.

Honestly this should have been thought of as a threat. Before drones I seen a guy with r/c plane or heli fly over NASA years ago posted on YouTube.

What do you think?

a reply to: kosmicjack

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
abc13.com...

WASHINGTON, DC --

A device, possibly an unmanned aerial drone, was found on the White House grounds during the middle of the night while President Barack Obama and the first lady were in India, but his spokesman said Monday that it posed no threat.

At this point one has to wonder how useful/relevant the Secret Service is anymore, given all of their numerous scandals and now this.

A law banning the masses from having drone and other remote control airial devices is being feverishly written as we speak

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
abc13.com...

WASHINGTON, DC --

A device, possibly an unmanned aerial drone, was found on the White House grounds during the middle of the night while President Barack Obama and the first lady were in India, but his spokesman said Monday that it posed no threat.

No threat, really? That's some crazy hubris right there.

What about the potential of a small explosive device or chemical/biological weapons? Can these small drones even be detected and defended against?

money.cnn.com...

At this point one has to wonder how useful/relevant the Secret Service is anymore, given all of their numerous scandals and now this.

So what if it was a threat?

Not like the USA would miss one dead politician anyway even if it is the president.

In a democracy politicians are the most replaceble of people.

Hell id abolish the SS let the normal police protect the president, if some kills him then his fault for doing a #ty job.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Jakal26
What type of weapon that could be plastered on one of these tiny drones would be a "threat potential" anyways?

A baggie of anthrax or other biological agent crashing into the window of the White House or flown through the open front door in the summer.

You americans really do like your paranoia and fear

I mean what if they put lasors on pigions?

What if they train a army of sucide bomber rats?

What if someone builds a giant robot mech and steps on the white house?

What if? What if! WHAT IF!!!!!!!!!
edit on 27-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
a reply to: FlyersFan

That is possible.
How realistic is it to acquire "a baggie of anthrax"? I honestly don't know. (must be time for me to do some research on biological agents and the how easily they can be obtained)

I agree with cArLoSCuBsTaR though...
If it was a real threat, you wouldn't hear about it.

Personally, I believe all these "breaching" security "threats" are either hype or a message being sent to someone that isn't us. Seems to be a common theme about once a week or so now.

Possible but not likely.

Not enough to get my panties in a twist anyway.

Its just the president anyway, if someone off hims its not like you cant elect another clown to take his place.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Its just the president anyway, if someone off hims its not like you cant elect another clown to take his place.

I wouldn't miss the POS.
Though, we don't "elect" anyone, in reality. They are selected....but hey, that's what you get when the unthinking public is completely apathetic (unless it's in regards to "deflate gate" or some similar bs)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
I don't believe the drone would have been too much of a threat to the White House, but it would have played hell with the Presidential helicopter, might have done some damage there.

Now you're thinking, star for you. Now that you mentioned this, I cannot possibly fathom that the WH doesn't have some sort of jamming devices and that is exactly why this crashed on the lawn. They would be absolute fools to not already have safeguards in place for drones because it's obvious that drones are no longer just RC toys. There are drones that can carry large SLR cameras with heavy professional lenses, so why not things that could be used for terrorism?

I really wanted to get a drone to fly around when I'm on my boat (thinking of shooting a Miami Vice like video of me crusing the lake in my super fast pontoon with my kids) but the wife say's "no".

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I am honestly stunned this is just now being thought up! I remember a few rc enthusiasts discussing this as a possible attack vector a year or so ago.

Little buggers are hard to detect though, from what I've read.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

WASHINGTON — It was 42 degrees and raining lightly around 3 a.m. on Monday when an inebriated off-duty employee for a government intelligence agency decided it was a good time to fly his friend’s drone, a 2-foot-by-2-foot “quadcopter” that sells for hundreds of dollars and is popular among hobbyists.

White House Drone Crash Described as a U.S. Worker’s Drunken Lark

I can't help but laugh

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

WASHINGTON — It was 42 degrees and raining lightly around 3 a.m. on Monday when an inebriated off-duty employee for a government intelligence agency decided it was a good time to fly his friend’s drone, a 2-foot-by-2-foot “quadcopter” that sells for hundreds of dollars and is popular among hobbyists.

White House Drone Crash Described as a U.S. Worker’s Drunken Lark

I can't help but laugh

Seeking new employment are we?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join