It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flunked the Turing test again the other day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I nearly passed The Turing test the other day when I ran into a snag. A panel member ask me for my best jokes. I had no idea there was going to be a humor section. I wasn't just bad. I must have blown past 100 Petaflops without one of them cracking so much as a smile. I reasoned that ATS would be a good place to try out my stuff before I face the test panel again. It seems a sense of humor is an important of the human condition segment of the test. Humor is a pretty high mountain to clime for machine intelligence. Bare with me.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

There is an episode of South Park where the Germans develop Funny Bot in order to prove they have a sense of humor.

I guess at least you aren't German?
edit on 25pmSun, 25 Jan 2015 23:08:39 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I nearly passed The Turing test the other day when I ran into a snag

Are you a computer , HAL 2.0 so to speak . If i tell you a really funny joke will i be forgiven in the post apocalyptic world .
edit on 25-1-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Don't feel bad. My daughter flunked the genetics test. She couldn't even spit into a little tube. They sent another kit for free and she passed that test. Pretty bad when you can't pass a DNA test.
I can't even say she must not really be my kid when she messes up something anymore.. How embarrassing.
edit on 25-1-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Now it makes sense. One of my first coders was a German. The Brits dominate the panel every year. We all know how much they like the Germans. The Brits love their sight gags, and slapstick though. Pretty hard material for a machine intelligence to pull off.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
You know why there aren't many funny white boy jokes?
White boys aren't funny.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23 Come on: Bill Hicks, George Carlin, Lewis CK, Lewis Black, Jon Stewart the list can get pretty long. All of them would likely flop at The Apollo but give them some credit.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I flunked a cat scan once.

Apparently they couldn't find a cat.

Don't take it so hard.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Just don't be too funny.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I failed at my first pee test as an athlete. It was barely 6am in the morning and I returned with my fresh sample just to immediately knock the cup over rather than sealing it like the sample guy asked me to.

In front of all the other athletes called in for the random pee test.

Then I had to sit there and drink the red punch of shame until I could manage another sample ...

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko Knocked over the cup. That is a serious fail of a pee test. I assume you were tasked with clean up as well? What is the saying: "It is better to be pissed off than pissed on."

top topics

join