It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active camo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
youtu.be...

this video is from a UFO video but i don't think there are any gray guys flying these. Around 6:12 in the video you see 2 white dots and a fainter white dot in the shape of a triangle(of course).

around 6:27 you can see the leading edges kind of lighten up as it bankes around the clouds.

I would think that we are working on active visual camo, i know BAE came out with a IR active camo system

youtu.be...

i know the system is just a fancy heater of sorts but if they can trick the IIR sensors in to making it look like a car or just disappear all together then i don't think its a stretch of my imagination that the visual spectrum is being worked on as well.

Is this a fake video? and are there any white papers on active visual camo i can check out? ever sense i saw the anime 'Ghost In the Shell' i've wanted something like active visual camo.

On a side note i was reading a paper(link isn't on this computer) about stealthy skin development and it was talking about embedding alpha, beta and gamma emitters into the skin and then using a air flow system(in this case i believe they used a version of freon) and ducted it over the skin to help 1)create a plasma to 2) reduce RCS and 3) reduce overall drag.

They used Polonium en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polonium and other emitters, is this the reason the Nighthawk always had dead birds and bats around it?

It said that they would layer different emitters in between gold foil and that because they could just change the emitter or ratio of emitters used for different missions or effects.

is this a real thing? seems sketchy for ground crews if it was ever put into use.

i would think they would have some sort of electrical device instead of embedding actual emitters with half lifes? i guess it would make sense seeing as they always have to do touch ups in special hangers

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

There's a sticky thread in this forum that has a lot of information on it.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

ohh okay ill look at it again, i was just wondering if the RADAR plasma use was a plausible system or if it is just all electronics and geometry. And i was really wondering about a video and was just throwing out what i think were using and what we might be doing.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

There are a number of interesting papers and studies in that thread that should answer quite a few questions you have, and cause two dozen more.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

fine be a mod and demand a little cohesion and order....just kidding

suppppper long read but i did it.

i love reading but dang...

im all about the easy answers and no looking.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Zaphs right. Read up on the German invents paint thread in the aviation forum. It's one of the ones near the top. It's fascinating.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

also the video doesn't seem to play. Seems like it's a youtube issue though. So I can't see what you are referring to.

top topics

join