It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton leading all Republicans by double digits

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: asmall89
a reply to: Annee

The solution is easy, vote for a third party candidate. We do have more than one party in this country despite what the media thinks.

The other alternative is to have nepotism laws in elected offices. For example you can't be elected to the same office your father/mother/spouse/sibling were elected too. We have these kind of laws in other places in government, but good luck getting them passed with Republicans and Democrats.

It's a shame that my sentiment is not shared more widely among my generation and the rest of America. These people just want more power and we're stupidly giving it to them.

Unfortunately a vote for a third party is a wasted vote ATT. And even if they did get in they would have no support from any side.

The only way a third party would work is if you got a support base of Senators and congress in place first
edit on 26-1-2015 by dismanrc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: muse7

I don't see a Republican taking the White House again in my lifetime.

Then how do you explain the House, a Senate land sides ?

Back to back presidential victories are rare.

Last one was Reagan/ Bush to Bush/ Quayle.

As my pappy use to say don't count your chickens before their all hatched.

The higher the voter turnout the less probability of a Republican winning.

Remember 2012? The Republicans framed Obama as the worst president in history, in fact they made it their goal to make him a one term president but he still won because of a high voter turnout.

Forgot about the IRS ?

You know where the right was essentially shut off from money unlike the current potus.

That election was a fraud.

Don't forget all the people that voted 2-3 times and the Black Panthers outside a few of those places with clubs.

Oh and all the counties that had 110% + voter turnout.

All these are documented but nothing was ever done about it

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

That's even worse! LOL.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc

I don't see a Republican taking the White House again in my lifetime.

Then how do you explain the House, a Senate land sides ?

Back to back presidential victories are rare.

Last one was Reagan/ Bush to Bush/ Quayle.

As my pappy use to say don't count your chickens before their all hatched.

The higher the voter turnout the less probability of a Republican winning.

Remember 2012? The Republicans framed Obama as the worst president in history, in fact they made it their goal to make him a one term president but he still won because of a high voter turnout.

Forgot about the IRS ?

You know where the right was essentially shut off from money unlike the current potus.

That election was a fraud.

Don't forget all the people that voted 2-3 times and the Black Panthers outside a few of those places with clubs.

Oh and all the counties that had 110% + voter turnout.

All these are documented but nothing was ever done about it

Provide documentation.

While there is some voter fraud (US), it is highly exaggerated. There was electronic manipulation in the Bush elections.

Redistricing is an issue. IMO

I follow this at blackboxvoting.org...

edit on 26-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Unfortunately a vote for a third party is a wasted vote ATT.

There is absolutely no such thing as a wasted vote. That sentiment is destroying this country and just gives Democrats and Republicans more power.

Actually a third party president might get more done than either of the two main parties since they may share values from both sides. Look at Jesse Ventura's time as governor of Minnesota.
edit on 26-1-2015 by asmall89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Blah, blah. Bush will get it. It's pre-decided. They're just making it look like a real race. Watch Bush's figures creep up and Hillary's diminish. Yawn. Not sure if we'll survive another Bush.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

There is absolutely no such thing as a wasted vote. That sentiment is destroying this country and just gives Democrats and Republicans more power.

I disagree. If you vote blue (or some other flavor) in a red area, your vote is chucked. There are no colors other than red or blue because they are unable to emerge in what is basically a British electoral system. Red or blue, take your pick. No other party emerges because everyone knows it's a wasted vote. And it is. It's a viscous circle. America needs proportional representation for change. Notably, Obama chose not to introduce exclusively public funding of election campaigning prior to his election. It's all about money. Anyway, I seriously recommend you watch wrestling or some other sporting event less fixed and controlled than political elections.
edit on 26-1-2015 by ScreenBogey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ScreenBogey

Voting is never wasted. It is your one voice, your one right as an individual. I write my own name in if there are candidates that I can't vote for.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ScreenBogey

Elaborate please. How is your vote chucked out? If it is because you voted neither red or blue, than that is voter fraud.

All votes are counted as far as I'm concerned you can even check out how many votes 3rd party candidates got in the previous presidential election.

A vote is your voice and everyone should be allowed to use it.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
There is reason in how and why a society develops.

Progression doesn't always mean it is the right path. While we can surely state "what is done cannot be undone", it doesn't mean we must continue upon a path that is clearly dysfunctional.

Some people in their minds think less government is better. I don't think most truly comprehend the reality of what the result will be.

And some people clearly believe that more government is better. I also do not think most truly comprehend the reality of what the results will be.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ownbestenemy

Like a World Government (not NWO conspiracy). It is the natural progression. IMO

But, the question is not when or if.

The question is Who and How.

Helps to ask the right questions.

edit on 2-2-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

It does help to ask the right questions. In its natural progression then, this leads us to ask, what is the function of Government? Depending on that answer will greatly have effect on the type of system imposed.

My argument early was merely that Government closest to the People in which it governs, is the least likely to be destructive if their culture and desire wish it to be. You move seats of power further away from those who are governed, and it becomes a beast upon itself.

While I don't oppose a world government, it would mean 6+ billion persons would have to have at least a semblance of similar cultural desires; in which we as a species, are far from.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Unfortunately a vote for a third party is a wasted vote ATT.

Actually a third party president might get more done than either of the two main parties since they may share values from both sides. Look at Jesse Ventura's time as governor of Minnesota.

You will never see a third party president in the foreseeable future. All a third party running will do is insure the liberal runner is elected. Third parties only split the conservative vote. When has a third party run in opposition to the mainstream liberal candidate in any national elections?

Even now we only have 2 members that are independents and they both lean to the left.

I would love to see a true third party, one that has a real chance to pull some weight. The truth of he matter is that any vote for a third party right now is a vote for the Democratic party in all ways that count.

Personally i'm somewhere between a Republican and a Libertarian in thinking, but unless a Libertarian can show me they can pull the same number of votes from the left as they can from the right...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join