It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you don't like the F-35, don't watch this video then....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Yes, I know it is a Lockheed Martin promo video but it shows some pretty cool stuff about the F-35 and what it has been up to during 2014. The more I see of this jet the more optimistic I get about it being in our inventory:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman
If that's what we are getting id rather have eagles than a lame goose.....
Big promises have to have big performances.....
Our pilots deserve the very best platform we can produce......
Movies notwithstanding.....it HAS to not only be good...it has to be the BEST.........
You boys d know better than I.....

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,
For I am the badest mother &$&@$ on the battlefield..

Nice vid

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Isn't this the plane they screwed up on and it won't be able to fire its guns or whatever till 2019? You have to be kidding me.
investmentwatchblog.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

No, the plan was always to bring the gun in during the last software upgrade, because it's the lowest priority weapon. It's actually being tested this year, not 2019.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I didn't even think about weapons rack servicing, that feature will be loved by the ground crews in hot/cold weather.
I didn't think it looked as good as a F-15 or F-22 but its growing on me, starting to bare its fangs and look a little dangerous

She can really move when she wants to, Looks like it can worry a Mig pilot if they get a chance to spot one. I hope it can live up to the name "Lightning" after the P-38.

edit on 22-1-2015 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

The Marines are on track for IOC this year. They have so far released weapons subsonic, and supersonic, and will be AMRAAM certified at IOC.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
People just can't understand how incredibly complicated this machine is. When she is up and running the ability the operator will have is incredible and the ease at which they perform that job makes folks think they are supermen. Same goes into maintaining these things, eventually very very young folks will keep them working without a lifetime of knowledge to do it......that is an engineering feat in itself.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

So the Marines will have the first operational squadron? I just don't know if I'm ready to see the noisy little Harrier go yet, I'll probably be all depressed like when the A-6 and F-14 took there last flights.

If they ever run out of room at the "boneyard" Ill be glad to let some beauties sit in my backyard, Washed and waxed regularly, its not like I can get grass to grow back anyways.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

The Marines were scheduled for July, with the Air Force in 2016-2017, and the Navy in 2019. Final dates are dependent on the engine problems, but the Marines are determined to reach IOC this year.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I've been hearing about the superior missiles the Russians have with longer range and better ability to avoid being jammed, and infrared scanners that have long range. Do we have a good plane but bad arms for it? Stealth against radar is good, Blocking exhaust heat... impossible? Zaphod, where do we stand with these Russian missiles?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jaxnmarko

The Legacy force is in trouble. The stealth fleet will survive longer. The F-35 is going to play a vital role.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Not according to this report I posted.

However, the most awaited plane’s main weapon will not be able to fire due to a computer glitch. The four-barreled rotary cannon for the Air Force version of the F-35 cannot function until new software is elaborated, despite jet scheduled to join the army this year. READ MORE: Special relationship: US fighter jets may use UK carriers for operations “There will be no gun until [the Joint Strike Fighter’s Block] 3F [software], there is no software to support it now or for the next four-ish years,” an Air Force official affiliated with the F-35 program told the Daily Beast. “Block 3F is slated for release in 2019, but who knows how much that will slip?” Read more at investmentwatchblog.com...

investmentwatchblog.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Please give it up
The f35 is a lame duck, well maybe not lame but.....
A close friend is a test pilot whom I keep in contact with (last was in Nevada when I heard)
Although she sings is praises in some respects software cannot overcome design faults

It's gonna be a Peter moleneux
Loads of promises
Few effectively achieved
A good product no doubt
But nowhere near what was envisioned or promised

Edit to add
Zaph
In 2012 I told you ...well alluded to the recently released info regarding fuel over heating problems
With regards to "hot" landing aircraft unable to reduce speed/stop uppon landing
Hope you recall and hope that helps convince you I have a slight inside track
Tho as I've said many times ...due to sec I'll bounce round a subject
Really ...I'm not trying to be an arse

edit on 23-1-2015 by Neocrusader because: added

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

And yet, according to Lockheed, you know the guys that actually make the damn thing, and the program office, the gun will undergo ground and flight tests this year and be operational by 2017, with upgrades to the EOTS to improve it by 2019.

The Pentagon plans to begin testing the gun on all three models of the Lockheed Martin Corp.-made F-35 this summer, DellaVedova said.

“Comprehensive flight test on the F-35A variant GAU-22 25mm gun system is scheduled to begin mid-year at Edwards AFB, Calif., and will include ground fire tests, muzzle calibration, flight test integration and in-flight operational tests,” he wrote.

www.dodbuzz.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Neocrusader

And over 95% of the problems are the exact same problems that the F-18 has, yet that's a "great" aircraft.

Amazing how that works.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
That I wouldn't know
And I concede, aircraft and aerospace engineering are most certainly your foray, and Ive come to doubt you're just the simple computer sales/repairs/tech you have claimed to be previously
I'm just a simple SHORAD operator and JTAC/FAC (hi to any CAS from Stan, I'm HAPPY
you were there)

edit on 23-1-2015 by Neocrusader because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
If a stealth airplane is relying on bullets from a gun to survive then something is seriously wrong. Sure to provide ground support a gun is fun, but otherwise it really is the last weapon to worry about.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I hope they don't push the VTOL version in to fast and start having catastrophic failures, that `ll give the critics some more ammo. What issues are they having with the engine still? This one?

Also wanted to add a link fromGeneral Dynamicsfor anyone interested in the GUA-22A and other multi-barrels weapon systems, Its going to pack one hell of a punch once it gets online. Wasn't there some talk of using a Mauser cannon similar to the one from the RAF Tornado?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

They're having burn in issues with the LPT. That's what caused the Eglin fire. The engine flexed more than expected on a previous flight and an LPT blade shattered causing an uncontaines failure and fire.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join