It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northrop Grumman announces fighter bid

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I think It would be funny to install as a prank a car alarm on the bomber. Like after the pilot gets out and walks away he holds up a key fob, clicks it and the plane chirps twice like a car alarm. Confused flight line techs walk up to the plane to see what that was all about the plane talks back "Warning you are standing too close to the aircraft...back away." tech kicks wheel strut and scurries away.

So about the Bone. SO no new engines?
Convert her into a missile wagon? Protect her with drones and some fighters I guess. Maybe turn her into a drone command ship? I dunno. would suck to get rid of her.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

They're pretty capable missile trucks already. I don't see how the Air Force would be able to improve its capacity anymore than it already is without externals, which would violate one of the weapons treaties.

Unless you mean air to air missile trucks. Then that would provide quite an interesting standoff air to air platform. New comm/data links and battle stations enabling it to talk with AWACS and Raptors for targeting info while hanging back outside of the range of the opponent's missiles, waiting for the go ahead to shoot and bug out.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Actually turn it into a actual fortress again. 6-8 ciws defensive gun turrets and internal missile bay that can use BVR range missiles and or cruise missiles.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Actually turn it into a actual fortress again. 6-8 ciws defensive gun turrets and internal missile bay that can use BVR range missiles and or cruise missiles.

.....I'd buy it.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: aholic

originally posted by: yuppa

.....I'd buy it.

LOL. I imagine the birds have heart attacks seeing that coming toward them.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join