It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Man in the High Castle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Just finished watching the pilot show for "The Man in the High Castle" on amazon.
It's free to watch.

www.amazon.com...

The story is based on the book by Phillip K Dick about an alternate history where
Germany and Japan won WWII.
America is divided with the Germans holding the East coast and central portion and
Japan holding the West coast. The Rocky mountains are an uneasy neutral zone between the two.

The pilot takes place in the 1950's but it looks more like what would have happened if American culture had stopped in the 1940's.
No post war economic or baby boom.
The acting and sets are very subtle and well thought out.
Overall it was very well done.

Just thought I'd let people know about it. A pilot is a 1 off show that is made, if it's good enough it will get aired.
If enough people watch it it will then get ordered into production.
I'm hoping enough people will watch it online and gets ordered for a full 26 episode run.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'd like to watch that this weekend. I got Amazon Prime and it's always my first option when want to watch a movie or tv show.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Thanks! Been looking for something..... Now to get my child away from Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood (kid entertainment)
edit on 22-1-2015 by chelsdh because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: mash3d
I shall give it a watch-I read the book years back,and it was strange,although a bit slow.
I must admit its not the first choice of PKD stories I would have gone for as a TV adaption.

I would have gone for "Valis" I rekon.

BTW,slightly realated-did you know there is a film of "Bladerunner 2" in the works?
I read that Harrison Ford got a look at the script and said it was the best script he had ever read-not sure if he will be in it or what though.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

And my Prime membership has literally just expired! Gutted!

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I am going to check this out soon. I read the book over a decade ago but do not remember everything about it. I do remember a big part of the book was the Japanese obsession of pre takeover Americana and the I Ching plays a role. I love all of PKD's writing. This would not of been my first choice as an adaptation but it is probably the easiest of his works to adapt without making some soccer moms or facebook addicts head explode.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LiveForever8

You don't need prime. It's listed for free.
You will have to put up with a few annoying ads though.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I don't think any of Phillip K Dicks works have been adapted well to the screen.
Hate to admit it but I did some effects work on "Paycheck".
That film was a bit of a dogs breakfast.
The problem is everyone wants to make his stuff into and action/adventure type of movie when
he writing is more about peoples state of mind.
lets face it Schizophrenia is kinda hard to film.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Brilliant.

Nice one

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Watched it directly after you recommended. It was enjoyable, and I'm wishing Amazon worked like Netflix and had all episodes available. I hope it doesn't end up corny like Under the Dome

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
Watched it directly after you recommended. It was enjoyable, and I'm wishing Amazon worked like Netflix and had all episodes available. I hope it doesn't end up corny like Under the Dome

There are no other episodes as of yet.
If the Pilot show gets good reviews and ratings Amazon will hopefully order more episodes into production.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Watched it last night, enjoyed it. Visually it was fantastic and the ending definitely had me wanting more.

Fingers crossed.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Well, good to know, that gives me a lot more motivation for reviewing it! Guess I should go do that!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Some good news. Looks like "The man in the High Castle" has been picked up for a full season.
I'm hoping that means a full run of 24 Episodes but the article did not say.

deadline.com...

"During Amazon Studios’ latest pilot season, The Man In The High Castle became the most-watched since the original series development program began. Amazon has now greenlit a full season of the drama from Frank Spotnitz."

No idea when shooting starts or when it will air.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I am bling watching the series right now, excellent, up there with the Manhattan project.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Looks like it might be interesting.

Amazon isn't like the other tv stations.

So it's anyone's guess as to 'Man in the High Castle's' shelf life before it gets canceled.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I am so glad that someone came along and bumped this thread. I marathoned every episode of this all last night and am fervently hoping that there is a season 2 in the works.

Well worth the watch IMO. I loved it!

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I am so glad that someone came along and bumped this thread. I marathoned every episode of this all last night and am fervently hoping that there is a season 2 in the works.

Well worth the watch IMO. I loved it!

Pls Pls watch the Manhattan Project it's a must see and i'll buy u a beer if I see ya.

new topics

top topics

join