It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is marijuana really as dangerous as heroin and LSD? Finally, a welcome legal review

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
It can be addictive. But no, it's not as bad as Heroin or '___' or coc aine or crack or Crystal Meth.

However, that doesn't mean that it's okay for you to get high in your house while I'm visiting you or in your car as your driving us some where or before you come into work reeking of it, or in front of your kids etc. People think it's okay to just get high wherever they want or no matter who's there. it's not okay. I hate being around stoned people. Almost as bad as being around drunk people.

It should be legal, but common sense is required. If I had an assistant that came in high i would fire them on the spot.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

So your good with anyone's personal actions as long as they cause no harm to anyone else... me too. I doubt the most ardent recreational or professional intoxicant user would disagree that one's mental state shouldn't hurt others.. .as in motor vehicle operation, parenting, etc.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
More addictive than the substance itself is the addiction to the culture of it. If people decide to focus their entire lives around getting high and hanging out with other people who get high and going through all the activities to buy the stuff and prepare it and watch out for the police and get a thrill out of getting away with something, then that's just as much of a problem than the actual chemicals in the substance.

The need for affiliation and friendship and peer acceptance is very strong, and getting involved with other people who are doing illegal things is generally not the smartest thing a person can do. But it's the smart nerds who don't need friends, right? Who don't have any peers to put pressure on them.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Your insights into human nature and culture are mostly true... mostly.

Ask a heroin addict if he'd rather hang with his friends breaking into cars to scrabble for his fix, or get a chunk of heroin and never see his friends again... and I bet he'd choose the latter.

Thus physical AND mental addiction.... together they're nearly impossible to overcome.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

More addictive than the substance itself is the addiction to the culture of it.

I actually find that beer is much more addictive... MJ is quite easy to stay away from if one chooses to do so...

But it sucks when the beer runs out!!

Perhaps its because I Am Canadian?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

More addictive than the substance itself is the addiction to the culture of it.

I actually find that beer is much more addictive... MJ is quite easy to stay away from if one chooses to do so...

But it sucks when the beer runs out!!

Perhaps its because I Am Canadian?

Buddy I'm Canadian as well and let me tell you about the experiences of people I know regarding MJ and alcy..

1). Totally possible to get COPD, bronchitis, and other airway and lung problems.

2). It is not physically addicting but getting off MJ makes you very short fused and irritable. For months if you are a heavy user

3). It's expensive, and there are no standards in this industry because it's illegal. You could be smoking cianide and dog pubes for all you know. In fact people have seen pubes and shards of glass in their weed before.

4). Marijuana might be a gateway drug indeed. People I know never tried coc aine or ecstacy before they were regular marijuana users.

5). Alcohol and marijuana don't mix for beginners but after a while this combination is quite popular for users.

6). Marijuana and being high might open up the physical body for paranormal occurrences to happen or act as a facilitator.

7). Canada has the best #

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Mehmet666Heineken

Trust me brother... I need no lessons on MJ

In fact I could teach my own class about it

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

you are 100% correct, good sir. It has mental addictive properties. Though, for some that can manifest as something physical. I think that is due to it being psychosomatic, though.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: shanegm
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I apologize, I didn't see the PS at the bottom. And I agree it's absurd to censor the acronym L.S.D

I find it ironic that the worst possible violence imaginable can be discussed here, but mention useful non-prescription drugs and BOOM, censored.

For thousands of years, maybe more, these plants and drugs have helped people in medical ways. Now, if you suggest anything medically that is on the non-prescription drug list you get censored here and elsewhere.

This planet is funny like that.
edit on 22-1-2015 by thepixelpusher because: typo

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Draconian repression of MJ seems to have created a counter reaction among lots of folk who now can't see it clearly. Living with someone in marijuana psychosis is hell but many wont take that in. Using it medicinally might work for a bit and then take a person there after a few years.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jed Stuart
Living with someone in marijuana psychosis is hell but many wont take that in.

lol.

edit on 23-1-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney

originally posted by: Jed Stuart
Living with someone in marijuana psychosis is hell but many wont take that in.

lol.

To be fair that's not really lollable is it? Some of the stuff that's around in the UK that is around 20%+ THC levels and almost zero CBD levels is strong enough to make even the most hardened smoker have a freak out... Give that to kids and you never know what might happen.

Psychosis is a horrible thing. Watching someone with drug induced psychosis is also a horrible thing, knowing they would be absolutely fine if it wasn't for ______.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Jed Stuart

That's the problem, legislating against it only creates problems and the longer the legislation exist, the greater the problems grow (and they grow exponentially too). There is ALWAYS pushback to your pushing. Newton's third law applies to more than just physics.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: shanegm

I was just asking a question. But go ahead a d laugh at that. It's easy with the anonymity of the internet. But I wonder sometimes about what takes place in the real world. Do you laugh at people who ask legitimate questions? Or did someone laugh at yours?
But here I'll give you another shot at it.
Wasn't MK Ultra L.S.D. ?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Meditation increases melatonin production. So does wearing a sleep mask to block out light. If MJ does cause an increase in melatonin so what. It doesn't stop the body from producing it. If someone stopped smoking within a short time their sleep patterns would return to normal. There are many ways to increase melatonin including supplements. None of them turn off the brains ability to do it on its own.
People can develops bad sleep habits which result in insomnia but it's a treatable condition that usually only requires retraining on the person's part.
Make it dark make it quiet, don't look at screens prior to going to sleep. Don't indulge in stimulants too near bedtime. Unfortunately modern society insists that we stay awake till midnight watching the world's unpleasant events being reported and that we rise at the crack of dawn to be productive. So no one wants to turn off the lights or forgo tv watching or one more glass of cola with dinner and the results are insomnia. They forget how to turn off.
MJ users are just in the same boat but it's not irreversible damage it's just bad habits. reply to: pl3bscheese

edit on 1232015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Aleister

Like I said, discussion for a different day. Though, I don't think ANY drug should be illegal, no matter how harmful it is or isn't.

It depends
If there was a drug that altered your brain to become violently dependent, unthinking, and dangerous to society through brutal hallucinationic properties..then that drug should be illegal due to society safety concerns..its no longer a personal choice

As said below your comment, cops generally have no actual issue with mary-j calls. booze, hard drugs, all the time. but the smoke..its uncommon. To me, that states something about its safety and usage within the community.

Somehow I just don't see a drug that did that becoming widely popular.
Except of course for military use...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
You hear the argument about teenage boys and psychosis - but unless you have experienced their moods as a parent or teacher I doubt you can attribute most of it to cannabis, more facing up to the challenge to authority they all go through as they approach manhood.

Cannabis (I hear) chills you and has terrific side effects in the relaxation department as well as meditative side so I suspect part of the propaganda about its dangers comes from vested interests such as the church and big pharma. I understood it was made illegal in order to bring in aspirin and help its sales.

I have never agreed with the cannabis laws and think it a disgrace and a step too far for a government to take when it dictates to us that we may not use a natural plant for whatever we desire - except obviously for poisoning an aggravating neighbour e'humm.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Aleister

Like I said, discussion for a different day. Though, I don't think ANY drug should be illegal, no matter how harmful it is or isn't.

It depends
If there was a drug that altered your brain to become violently dependent, unthinking, and dangerous to society through brutal hallucinationic properties..then that drug should be illegal due to society safety concerns..its no longer a personal choice

As said below your comment, cops generally have no actual issue with mary-j calls. booze, hard drugs, all the time. but the smoke..its uncommon. To me, that states something about its safety and usage within the community.

Somehow I just don't see a drug that did that becoming widely popular.
Except of course for military use...

Never been around someone on meth then? I have..its at best a endlessly tense moment
Many people enjoy the adrenaline rush of some drugs, they feel powerful, conquest driven primitive rush.
PCP is another great example of the "violent drug" (you don't hear about angel dust very often anymore actually)

I think that was the drug hinted at they were using in A Clockwork Orange.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

No, I've never been around anyone doing meth or PCP for that matter. I suppose I've lead rather a sheltered life in that respect.
edit on 1232015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well we tried..

Tried to let you have an adult conversation about sensitive topics here at ATS

What we got was personal use, redacted comments and other T&C violations..

Don't like our T&C? Check out some other sites please..

This thread is now closed..

Semper

<< 7  8  9   >>

join