It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actor Brian Blessed collapses on stage - but returns to finish show.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Brian Blessed is currently playing King Lear in Guildford where on Monday he fainted and fell off a raised platform , the 78 year old actor had a small heart operation three years ago but it's unclear if his dizzy spell was due to heart problems , nevertheless after a sit down and cup of tea Blessed said: "I feel such an idiot and am not in the habit of doing this, but I have a little fibrillation." he returned to finish the performance and was on stage again for Tuesday nights performance .... the show must go on.

"We are not entirely sure why he became so dizzy but he is a 20 year old in a 78 year old's body. There was no stopping him."
The actor returned to the stage without problem for Tuesday night's performance, and will appear for the rest of the show's sold-out run.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Brian Blessed is truly an inspirational man and much underrated in my opinion , he has a long list of film and stage roles to his name but is probably most known for his portrayal of Prince Vultan in the film Flash Gordon although he also appeared as Boss Nass in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace.

He is a friend of the Dalai Lama and claims to have sparred with him in a boxing ring after they bonded during an expedition , he's a mountaineer who has conquered Mount Aconcagua in Argentina and Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania and attempted to climb Mount Everest three times but never reached the summit , he is the oldest man to trek to the North Magnetic Pole on foot and he also survived a plane crash while on a trek into the jungles of Venezuela.

Brian is the patron of a couple of animal charities and last year appeared on Hawkwind's new version of Sonic Attack on the proviso they play a gig and donate the proceeds to animal charities including Team Badger – of which he is a patron.

In my eyes Brian Blessed is one of the greatest people on the planet and why he isn't Sir Brian Blessed or preferably Lord Blessed is beyond me , a world without him would be a much quieter and sadder place.
It's only when great treasures are gone that we really miss them , celebrate his greatness and pray for his good health.

edit on 21-1-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

In my eyes Brian Blessed is one of the greatest people on the planet and why he isn't Sir Brian Blessed or preferably Lord Blessed is beyond me , a world without him would be a much quieter and sadder place.
It's only when great treasures are gone that we really miss them , celebrate his greatness and pray for his good health.

This^^

Even since I saw him as Prince Vultan in Flash Gordon and heard his booming laughter I've been a big fan of his, he truly is a remarkable man.

"Who wants to live forever!"

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Bravo dear chap... bravo
a reply to: gortex

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
What a human! Have a read of some of these quotes. Gregarious, funny, confident... brilliant guy.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Thanks for the quotes.

There will be no funeral! Before I get too old and ill, I'll go to South America and live among the Pemon people and meditate. When the time is right, they can throw my body into the volcano.

I believe he probably will.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

"BEEF tomatoes??!!!"

I don't always like the guy and don't know why.

On the other hand, his life has been awesome. Been everywhere, known everyone and has a reputation of being a decent bloke.

As epitaphs go, who could ask for more? I hope he's feeling better.

CX

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
An absolute legend!

In my opinion, Brian Blesses should read everything. All the news, all audio books, the speaking clock on the phone, all automated messages, weather forecasts, hell, i'd even listen to cold callers if they all spoke like he does!

CX.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I think he's a bit like your avatar mate (cool by the way) , big , wild , unpredictable and highly intelligent.
He's an original , I doubt we will ever see his like again , one of the last great British eccentrics who beneath the loud boisterous exterior there beats a heart of gold.
I love the guy and think it will be a very sad day when they finally throw him into that volcano.

Fly, my beauties!

new topics

top topics

join