It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Sheriff Shot, But this time all is well

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com... This shooting everything turned out OK. At least the suspect was release unharmed. Sheriff survived. Suspect released.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
www.foxnews.com... This shooting everything turned out OK. At least the suspect was release unharmed. Sheriff survived. Suspect released.

So he shot the sheriff. Did he shoot the deputy?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

i think not

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

NO just the chief, and I learned a new term "SWAT-ing" lol wtf where someone calls 911 on someone elses property reports a violent crime then disappears before swat shows up and no knock raids you and all that nifty stuff

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

i think not

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

If I were more evil than I am, I would find it entertaining if someone SWATted a SWAT team member. Or police chief. Or some fine upstanding hero. Maybe a bit of perspective would throttle that back, but probably not.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

you are right i should have gone with the original

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

If I were more evil than I am, I would find it entertaining if someone SWATted a SWAT team member. Or police chief. Or some fine upstanding hero. Maybe a bit of perspective would throttle that back, but probably not.

Is your avatar Benny Hill?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

you are right i should have gone with the original

It's all good. Both are classic.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

Is your avatar Benny Hill?

That's Smee. Bosun of Captain Hook.

I recently spent a long time at a job where one of the guys decided I looked like Smee, in addition to other reasons, and I got dubbed Smee for a few months. By pretty much everyone. And I do look like that, sort of. And sound like that. Same glasses. Same beard. Same build. Same goofy grin. Same sense of humor. I can do the accent, too.

edit on 19-1-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

This is just now making it here? Local sources with more details below:

Questions remain after Sentinel police chief is shot, detained man is released

SENTINEL — The police chief here survived being shot in the chest Thursday while responding to a reported bomb threat, and the man who authorities say shot him was allowed to walk free later in the day.

Sentinel Police Chief Louis Ross was shot in the chest three times and once in the arm Thursday morning after breaking down the front door and entering a house at 205 S 4, Sentinel Mayor Sam Dlugonski said.

The chief was wearing a bulletproof vest that was loaned to him by a sheriff’s deputy minutes before the raid on the home. He survived the shooting, and authorities said the vest saved his life.
[...]
Agents with the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said the man who shot the chief was released after hours of questioning when they determined they didn’t have enough evidence to arrest him.

“Facts surrounding the case lead agents to believe the man was unaware it was officers who made entry,” OSBI wrote in a news release.

Investigation into Sentinel shooting, bomb threat continues

SENTINEL — A call to 911 to make a bomb threat against a school in this southwest Oklahoma town was not made from the house where the police chief was shot on Thursday morning, investigators said Friday.

The question of who did make the bomb threat — called in to 911 about 4 a.m. Thursday — remains unanswered.

What is known is that in response to the threat, authorities broke in the door of a house about 6 a.m. Thursday at 205 S 4, where Police Chief Louis Ross was shot three times in the chest and once in the arm by a man in the home.

Ross survived thanks to a bullet-proof vest loaned to him by a sheriff’s deputy minutes before the raid, investigators said. He has been released from the hospital.

Friday, an Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation forensic computer analyst examined phones taken from the home, agents said.

OSBI released a statement saying the 911 call “was not made from phones in the possession of those who live inside the home nor any other phones inside the residence at 205 S. 4th in Sentinel.”

Sentinel Mayor Sam Dlugonski and a neighbor on S 4 said the man who lives at 205 S 4 is Dallas Horton. Dlugonski said Friday that someone called 911 and used the name Dallas Horton to make the bomb threat.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

i think not

edit on 19-1-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join