It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing music and voices in white noise

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
trust me.....trying to record them is the last thing you want to do, that's essentially EVP, and if you're hearing "them" as it is, your most likely sensitive to some degree and there's a big danger with delving deeper: some examples including my own:

my story (brief version):

I've been on/off interested in the paranormal for many years

last winter I decided to go active with it and started experimenting with EVP.

I didn't capture any at first but within about 2 weeks all of that changed and I started capturing many many EVPs everytime I did recording sessions

some were pretty clear, most were faint at first, but the more I did EVP and as the days went by all of the faint voices seemed to come into focus in a sense...it reached the point where I was holding conversations more or less with the spirit voices I was hearing

I admit, the more I heard, the more I was curious, the more I got lured in

at first all of the spirit voices I was hearing were seemingly benevolent and friendly...as more time went by, some began to claim to be the spirits of family members and friend who had passed away, and in my ignorance, I fell for it all hook , line and sinker

after about a month, malicious, negative, threatening voices started to show up in my recordings, cursing at me, threatening me, all sorts of nasty stuff

it was slight at first so I just tried to ignore it and keep focused on the more benevolent voices I was capturing on my recordings

but as the days went by, it just kept getting worse and worse with the malevolent voices until they started to dominate my recordings pretty much

then one day while I was at work, near a running fan, I began to hear these same malicious voices speaking to me over the fan noise, quite loud and clear to,

this freaked me out, so I quit doing EVP all together, but it was already too late, I had already developed clairaudience

as the weeks went by, I kept having more and more of these incidents where I was hearing these harassing tormenting voices, mostly through a steady background noise, but not always

something else then started to happen...I began feeling weird physical sensations, mostly as I lay in bed, such as vibration sensations, pretty intense to, also for about a week, every night, whenever I crawled into bed, I would feel what I can only describe as a finger coming up out of the matress and poking me in the lower back, every night....sleep became a problem, so I started taking over the counter sleeping pills, but I was getting into such a panic about this, even they seemed to not be effective

then literally over the course of a single day in early April of last year, it all just exploded to an extreme level, voices everywhere...coming from all around and all kinds....again, mostly though through steady background sounds...I believe this must be the same effect as when EVP experimenters use white noise to enhance EVPs.

the voices were intense beyond belief, the physical sensations got worse to, I couldn't sleep for more than a few hours for two weeks straight...I could barely eat as well

I became a complete vegateble for awhile....I could go on and on, but it's been a year now, I'm still dealing with it, but it's not nearly as intense now, once I cgot a handle on my emotions, this subsided allot, but it's still ogoing for me every day.

I know this sounds like I just freaked myself out from doing EVP, but before that I had never heard voices in my life

since it started I have also found others accounts of this, as well as have met others who experienced it as well, their help and insight into it was the only thing that got me through it

anyway, moral of this post is, bad idea to mess around with this kind of thing,...no matter how it may appear on tv

yes, it's not that common, and I believe certain people are more sensitive to spiritual influence than others....the danger is, sometimes we may not figure that out until it's too late,

I'll post some other accounts of this below, it's allot of reading, but if you just look over the first post on these threads you'll see the similarity in the story right away

different people may describe it differently based on their beliefs, but the common factor is hearing voices non-stop 24/7 from dabbling in spirit communication

Take Care,
Brian

www.mentalhealthforum.net...

hvn.forumatic.com...

kajama.com...

www.spiritualforums.com...

another case of this from the Psychic Experience forum...it seems the voices coming through over carrier sound is a common factor in this situation

"Hello, I too have been hearing voices. I've had my share of strange phenomenon, but now, the voices are everywhere! I don't do drugs and I'm not crazy. I stopped taking some supplements, thinking they were causing the "hallucinations", but they haven't stopped. The voices started speaking to me in the wind, as I was riding my motorcycle, and thus my user name. The voice would emerge from the breeze on my ears. It was yelling at me, "You have to repent!" over and over. He was angry. It told me that I was going to burn in hell. He told me that he wasn't going to argue with me-that I would have to pay the consequences. That I would have to spend time in purgatory. He said that he'd follow me wherever I went if I moved, and that I couldn't escape. The voice didn't stop there. It started manifesting itself in anything that makes a humming noise, such as a bathroom fan, an out-of-tune radio station, an air compressor, the traffic noise coming from the freeway, an electric hairdryer, even the running tap-water in the sink! The list goes on. The voice is not a friendly one. He has no mercy. He is not understanding or forgiving- like a drill sargeant from hell.

I have been recording EVPs in the house where I live because I believe it to be haunted. This may have helped me develop an ear for subtle sounds. I now have hundreds of EVPs with voices communicating with me about relevant issues in my life! The voice that I believe to be a ghost, has become a friend to me. I even know his name: Michael. He has told me many times that he wants to help me- that he can help me find lost items, and that he has a large sum of money hidden in the house that he wants me to have. I still haven't found anything, but he hasn't left. Sometimes, I wake up while half-asleep to a clear voice that sounds like it's coming from another dimension, saying "I can help you now."
The first time he said this, I was terrified and told him to leave me alone. Then I overcame my fears and agreed to let him help me. I get a deep sleep-paralysis when I hear him at night, and sometimes a feeling of love that envelops me in tingles and warmth. Turns out, there was a suicide in the room where I live. I have developed a friendship with someone who has passed to the other side!

three more accounts of hearing voices from spirit communication from the Inter-Voice forum

Alan July 26, 2012 at 1:11 PM |
I am also hearing voices, for 3,5 years now, after playing with EVP, I can tell you they are spirits, but not the dead, they are demons pretending to be people.
I also was on seroquel, but haloperi

edit on 13-3-2016 by jerseyguy77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
continued......

Here's another account of this I found on the website of a paranormal investigation team's website:

"We took on a case a few years back of a person who started watching all the ghost hunting TV shows and decided he was going to go out to a few claimed haunted locations to try and capture a few EVP (electronic voice phenomena). To his dismay, when he listened to the recordings he discovered that he had actually captured a few interesting voices. Well, one thing led to another and he became so obsessed with capturing EVP that he started doing it in his own home and, again to his dismay, he was capturing voices on his recorder.

After awhile of this he actually started hearing voices with his ear and not on his recorder. This is when we were called in. We did our best to help the individual and we came to the conclusion that it wasn't his house that was haunted -- it was him. We told him to stop recording the EVP and to have a cleansing done on the home, but he refused to listen and continued with his obsession.

It eventually got so bad that he cut off communications with his friends, family and us as well. To this day we have been unable to contact him, but his family has told us on occasion that he is not the same person he once was and that he spends most of his time alone talking to whatever followed him home. Could this be a pre-existing mental illness, an obsessive personality, or an evil entity that found a new victim?"

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Hi, jerseyguy77. I read your story here and at another website about hearing voices after doing EVP. First, I would like to apologize for the absolutely despicable way that you were treated by internet skeptics who immediately accused you of mental illness. You are not mentally ill, for I, too, began hearing voices after engaging in spirit communication via EVP. It's been a year, now, since it first happened to me, and I can understand how terrifying of an experience it can be, especially without anyone to help you. Rest assured, you're not the only one this has happened to. Many in the paranormal and occult communities have suffered through the exact same thing, but most keep their mouths shut due to rampant unwarranted accusations of mental illness and other social stigmas. If you would like to talk more about it with me, I would be glad to chat with you somewhere.

Hi again, Brian. Thank you for your willingness to share your experiences with me. It is always important to understand that you're not the only paranormal enthusiast to have this happen. There are serious dangers that go with the territory"

Your story is very similar to my own. In my case, I began hearing voices after a series of intense EVP sessions via a device known as a ghost box. A ghost box is a hacked AM/FM radio that scans radio frequencies in an infinite loop, producing intelligent voices in between the short blips of audio. However, while it took a number of months for you to begin hearing them, it happened to me within a single week. Yes, within a single week. That's all it took for me to begin hearing these negative earthbound spirits. Needless to say, I wasn't at all prepared for what I was about to experience,

Whatever means I used to attempt to rid myself of the spirits, they would play along and act as if it was working, but by the time I had wasted all of my efforts and money on some other hopeless attempt at exorcising them, they would simply laugh at me for being stupid enough to believe anything that they said. It wasn't until I began reaching out to various professionals in the paranormal community that I finally got in touch with someone who had suffered through the exact same thing and was able to explain to me, point by point, exactly what I was going through. I was then able to take control of the situation and slowly begin working my way back into a stable and functional state of mind

"It's good that you eventually found some knowledgeable individuals who were able to assist you with your condition, because fear and paranoia is the psychological state in which these negative entities thrive and do the most damage.
What you need to know about these negative earthbound spirits is that practically every word that comes out of their mouths is a lie. They'll say just about anything to get your attention, and they love to speak half-truths and riddles to keep you infinitely guessing and totally unsure of yourself. They want to keep you in a state of indefinite suspension so that you are subject to manipulation and control, and never for any positive reasons. They're sociopathic in nature and get intense pleasure out of watching human beings hopelessly attempt to eliminate the source of the voices. As you have already observed, they love to point out your character flaws and secret sins to shame you and make you feel worthless. However, I must absolutely guarantee you that these spirits aren't here to punish you for any wrongdoing on your part. That is another one of their lies to make you feel like you deserve their abuse and mistreatment. They only do this
because they are trapped in a state of misery and perdition and want to project their own wickedness onto innocent living human beings.

The most important step to overcoming them, then, is to take away their power by unmasking the hows and whys of what they do. For example, you have already noticed that the voices were weaker in the beginning and progressively became more distinct and oppressive as time went on. The real reason that it slowly happened this way is because these entities were actually being forced to adapt to your energy vibrations and learning how to manipulate sound waves as they travel to your inner ear canal. To explain, let's look at EVPs, for example. An EVP is captured by recording empty audio in a silent room, in hopes that when the recording is played back, voices will be present. Now, it may seem that the voices mysteriously manifest in the recorded audio without cause, but this isn't actually the case. What is really happening is that earthbound spirits are tuning themselves to manipulate low-frequency sound waves as they travel to the
recorder's microphone, so that while their voices cannot be heard while the session is recording live, they can be heard when the session is played back and amplified. Since the spirits are subtlely manipulating normally inaudible sound waves as they travel to the recorder's microphone, only the recorder picks it up.

In effect, for these earthbound spirits to communicate with you, they have essentially done the same thing as with the recorder: Over time, they've learned how to manipulate low-frequency sound waves as they bounce off your ear drums, so that only you can hear the voices. This is why nobody can hear them but you. They're actually manipulating sound waves as they enter your inner ear canal. Their voices are so quiet that no one could possibly hear them but you. While they can make it sound as if they're speaking very far away, what they're actually doing is waiting for distant sound waves to reach your ear drum, and they then twist the sound waves so that what would normally sound like a refrigerator hum or an air conditioner vent now sounds like a subtle, reverberating voice. Since they're spirits, they don't actually have voices of their own, so the only way they can communicate audibly is by

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
if you did capture something on recording, it's so easy to get pulled into it out of curiosity, that's what happened to me...and then the more you listen, the more you're activating any extra sensory perception you may have or taking down your blinders to the other side, and what's closest to us right across the veil, not all of them are friendly...it's risky

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Yep, I've hear them o n two separate occasions this 12 months... once was whilst in Indonesia afetr a long flight from the UK..I was convinced I could hear UK Capital radio..I actually got people down on their hands and knees listening through vents as that's where it was coming from. I also sang along to the songs!! It kept me awake and that's the only madness that I found, not being able to sleep...although my colleagues thought I was mad!!! I linked it to droning noises,,,the generator or a/c running. It stopped soon after.

Last night I experienced it again...forgetting about my previous experience I was convinced that our neighbours were having a party, which they annoyingly quite often do. I was surprised as the music choice was different ...haha... I wa so annoyed that I banged on the wall oopppss! My fatigue sent me to sleep and I was surprised to find out that the party was in full swing this morning at 8am... ooopppsss... it's happening again! Again the music was linked to the traffic (which I am used to) and the fridge too.... funny but annoying.

Good to hear your stories too

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Young1000

Hi buddy, your first post huh? First star. Nice.
If you travel a lot you should take into account you may had infested yourself with some kind of parasitic microorganism.
Even an energetic one manifesting as a microorganism.
These little bastards can cause everything from tinnitus to mental disorders. Check my current signature and give it a star so that I know you have read it

(post by HerbDouglas removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I woke up at an ungodly hour to what sounded like a Celtic fiddle punctuated by a horn section. It was someone taking a shower and the central heating. Very odd phenomenon.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
"Hearing" indistinct voices in the presence of pseudo-random noise, such as from a fan...or random noise from a "white-noise" generator is sometimes called specifically "Matrixing" and generally one form of "Pareidolia. It is VERY common among all ages and even those in good health and having good hearing. In cases where one "hears" strictly human sounds, some call it "audio pareidolia".

The "voices" can sound very real, and one may even think one hears an actual word or phrase every now and then. It's just the brain filling-in information it thinks should be there. One might think of it as the acoustic equivalent of people "seeing" human faces in inanimate objects such as clouds, landscape features...or "miraculous" potato chips. That's called face pareidolia.

Generically, wikipedia entry describes it as a psychological phenomenon;
Pareidolia is a psychological phenomenon in which the mind responds to a stimulus, usually an image or a sound, by perceiving a familiar pattern where none exists.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: cleverhans

I get that, too- but I'm pretty addled, thanks to stress, trauma, hard life- but no drugs.

I had one really vivid thing happen years ago- I was asleep, and I got woke up to a tear that flooded the room with white light, and what I can only describe as angels singing in harmony. The tear made a whooshing sound opening and closing.

I questioned what little sanity I had left at that point. Thing is... as of late when I do that, my wife says she's had a similar experience. Either my crazy is contagious, or...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join