It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of American mercenaries fighting in the Ukraine ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

If we use your logic Russia supplies all terrorist with AK-47s right?

Meaning whomever Russia supplies is terrorists, right? Can't impose your logic on me, either.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

FAKE: American mercenaries have appeared in Donetsk (Stopfake.org)

On March 9, 2014 the Iranian Press TV published news that Blackwater fighters were allegedly seen in Donetsk. Blackwater is the U.S. private military company currently known as Academi and Xe Company. Russia Today refers to the Press TV on the same March 9, 2014, spreading the news.

Press TV quoted the Russian news agency Interfax, citing a Russian diplomat, that about 300 private army mercenaries arrived in Ukraine. Social networks believe that they came to fight the pro-Russian activists.
Academi became particularly well known after the Iraq war, in connection with allegations of killings of civilians, smuggling weapons and other things, as reported by the media. They were in Afghanistan too. Oil-producing and insurance companies use their services, as well as individuals. De jure, their services can be ordered by anyone. Another issue is that the board of directors include, for example, John Ashcroft, former U.S. Attorney General and Vice Admiral Bobby Ray Inman, former head of the National Security Agency.

On this video you can see how people dressed in NATO military uniforms run through the city with guns and bulletproof vests. This, and many other media sources reported that the video shows that locals chase the mercenaries and shout: «Blackwater!». On the other hand, Press TV reported that people pursue local resident, not military.

The video was shared by users on YouTube. But most of the uploaded versions begin with the mercenaries. However, we are interested in the moment and a little earlier, on 0:12 minutes of this video, where one can hear the people shouting: “Go to work! Go to work!”. They shout to the Deputy of Donetsk regional council. Similar story can be found on the «LB» website. They wrote about a group of people, who attacked Andrew Shishatskiy the former governor of the Donetsk region.

The phrase “Go to work! ” sounds a bit like «Blackwater!» when said in Russian. And, we suspect it could provoke the assertions in the media that people were shouting the name of the American security company.

In fact, based on available information it was the “Alpha”, Ukrainian special forces, which were called to secure the safe escape of local councillors including Shishatskiy from the captured regional council. The “Alpha” arrived late, and as a consequence some councillors were attacked. There are suspicions that special forces sabotaged deliberately.

As reported in the British press, the British newspaper Daily Mail turned for comment to Academi on March 9th, but there was no reply.

With that said if the above does not apply to what you are talking about then please supply the link to support your claim.
edit on 18-1-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Meaning whomever Russia supplies is terrorists, right? Can't impose your logic on me, either.

I did it to illustrate your point was stupid since the Weapons you saw have been sold to other countries who re sell on the black markets and legit around the world.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

American Mercenaries would probably use ARs, C8s or HK416s. But covert US forces would not use a weapon that would relate them to specific nation or NATO.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

And yet you try to impose your logic on others...imagine that.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

I did it to illustrate your point was stupid since the Weapons you saw have been sold to other countries who re sell on the black markets and legit around the world.

But since it is in Ukraine the US is behind it...because that is the logic of some here lately.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: intrptr

The 'stupidity' is believing or promoting the coup in Kiev and the subsequent support of the Junta there is anything but western backed, i.e., US / EU (NATO).

Dance all around that point if you like. Seems only minions of the failed US state are the ones claiming otherwise.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

And yet you try to impose your logic on others…imagine that.

Too bad about free speech, isn't it? You'd had it some other away and that is very un American.

By the way, I just expose the lies where I find them. You regurgitate them.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I didnt mention anything about the ukrainian government did i? im talking about the weapons. Is it possible that those weapons were gotten elsewhere? Yes it is.

edit on 15000000pppm by yuppa because: clarificaion for subject nazis

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Stick to what is beint talked about please. Is it possible that those weapons were gotten elsewhere? Yes it is.

The subject is "american mercenaries in Ukraine"?

Not that ay footage of that will reach me where I am sitting deep in the Matrix.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

There was no coup.

The government that impeached Yanukovych was elected in Dec 2012. Russia accepted the results of the elections. They voted to impeach Yanukovych, which is step 1 of a 2 part effort. The vote to impeach was within Ukraine law / constitution.

Before they actual vote to remove occurred Yanukovych fled the country. The Constitution was then used to name a temporary replacement until votes could be held. The Constitution required that vote to occur within 90 days, which is exactly what occurred.

You guys can try and deny these facts all you want. The fact of the matter is it was all lawful and constitutional, regardless of what Russia or Russian supporters are told what to think.

With that said I encourage you to explain your point of view and tell me how a coup occurred.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Mercenaries have no countrys backing normally. there are chechniyans there too right does that mean that country is backing them? Are they there wearing their countrys colors?A mercenary has no master but a paycheck.

SO really it does not matter where they are from if they are not sanctioned by that country officially.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Maybe they are not mercenaries... Maybe they are just military personnel on vacation.

/end sarcasm

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Does that really matter when members of Russian Mafia were caught coordinating to form the Russian Backed Ukrainian Group called Stronghold in east Ukraine who were all paid 40 dollars an hour by Putin to attack any and all Ukrainians who wanted nothing to do with Russia as Russia had just invaded Crimea. Some foolish members of the Mafia testified to that fact as they were taking over a government building, all masked of course to protect their identity. The video is on Netflix under a PBS vid on Ukraine and Syria, I just seen it a few days ago. It was a good show by one reporter who told both sides of the story as he traveled back and forth and lived to tell about it.

Europe and the U.S. needs to help the Ukrainian people as they have been trying for 20 years to get away from Russia.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

They just need to leave them alone like they wanted.

A lot of Western propaganda falsely claiming Ukrainians wanted in majority to be part of the EU and being governed by US puppets doesn`t make it true.

A weak 37% approve of the EU's leadership.

Source

Propaganda doesn`t change facts.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

A weak 37% approve of the EU's leadership.

And yet it seems Ukranians prefer the EU to Russia.

www.gallup.com...

Propaganda doesn`t change facts.

Well then you should quit using it as truth.

BTW have you come up with any evidence that backs the claim you made in your OP, because surprisingly you have not proven the premise of your thread.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

A lot of Western propaganda falsely claiming Ukrainians wanted in majority to be part of the EU and being governed by US puppets doesn`t make it true.

And imagine that the same poll you used as a source said otherwise.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Below is a list of countries and forces that have or do use M16/AR- platform variants but I am supposed to believe that because some turned up there it must mean the people that have them are US mercenaries.

Deny ignorance don't promote it.

Afghanistan: Standard issue rifle of the Afghan National Army.[110] Colt Canada C7 variants also saw limited service.
Argentina: Special Forces used M16A1 in the Falklands (Malvinas) War and they currently use the M16A2.[111]
Australia[112] M16A1 introduced during the Vietnam War and replaced by the F88 Austeyr in 1989.
Bahrain[113](pp77,236,262)
Bangladesh: Used by the military, special forces and counter terrorism units.[114]
Barbados[115]
Belize[115]
Bolivia[115]
Brazil[115]
Brunei[115]
Cambodia[116][117] M16A1 is used.
Cameroon[115]
Canada: C7 and C8 variants made by Colt Canada is used by the Canadian Forces.[118]
Chile[115]
Costa Rica[119]
Democratic Republic of the Congo[116]
Denmark:[115] C7 and C8 variants made by Colt Canada are used by all branches of the Danish Defence.
Dominican Republic[115]
East Timor[120]
Ecuador[115]
El Salvador[115] M16A1/A2/A3/A4 is used.
Estonia[121] Ex-US M16A1s in use.
Fiji[115]
France[115]
Gabon[115]
Ghana[115]
Greece[115] M16A2/M4 is used by the Special forces of the Hellenic Army ISAF Forces in Afghanistan and Hellenic Navy
Grenada[115]
Guatemala[116] M16A1/M16A2 is used.
Haiti[116]
Honduras[122]
India[115]
Indonesia[115]
Iraq: Used by Iraqi Army.[123]
Israel[124] Being replaced by IMI Tavor.[125]
Jamaica[115]
Jordan[115]
Republic of Korea: During the Vietnam War, the United States provided 27,000 M16 rifles to the Republic of Korea Armed Forces in Vietnam. Also, 600,000 M16A1s (Colt Model 603K) were manufactured under license by Daewoo Precision Industries. The delivery started in 1974 and ended in 1985.[115] Still KATUSA (Korean Augmentation to the United States Army) soldiers who serve their military service in the United States Army uses M16A2 with the United States Army.
Kuwait[126]
Lebanon[116][127][128]
Lesotho[115]
Liberia[116]
Lithuania: Lithuanian Armed Forces.[129]
Malaysia[115] Malaysian Armed Forces, Royal Malaysian Police, Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency and RELA Corps.
Mauritius[130]
Mexico:[115] Used by Mexican Marines.
Monaco: Compagnie des Carabiniers du Prince.[131]
Morocco[115]
Nepal[132]
Netherlands: C7 and C8 variants are used by the Military of the Netherlands and LSW is used by Netherlands Marine Corps.[118][133]
New Zealand[115] M16 was used and was replaced in 1988 by Steyr AUG
Nicaragua[115]
Nigeria[115]
Oman[115]
Panama[115] M16A1 is used.
Peru[115]
Philippines: Manufactured under license by Elisco Tool and Manufacturing.[115] M16A1s and M653Ps in use. Supplemented in Special Forces by the M4 carbine.
Qatar[115]
Rhodesia: M16A1.[134]
Senegal[135]
Singapore: Local variant of the M16A1 (M16S1) manufactured under license by ST Kinetics.[116]
Somalia[115]
South Africa[115]
Sri Lanka[116]
South Vietnam: 6,000 M16 and 938,000 M16A1, 1966–1975[136]
Sweden A small number of M16A2's are used by the Swedish Armed Forces for familiarization training[137] (as well as a similar number of AKM's), but they are not issued to combat units. C8 used by Special Forces
Taiwan[138]
Thailand[115] M16A1/A2/A4.
Tunisia[115] M16A2/A4 variants are used.
Turkey[115] M16A1/A2/A4 variants are used.
Uganda[115]
United Arab Emirates[115]
United Kingdom: C7/C8 (L119A1) variant are used by the Royal Military Police,[139] the Pathfinder Platoon of the Parachute Regiment[140] and the United Kingdom Special Forces[141]
United States[142]
Uruguay[115]

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 19-1-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

With that said I encourage you to explain your point of view and tell me how a coup occurred.

That would be off topic.

Not that it matters, this thread was derailed a long time ago. But just in case someone comes along and wants to read something…

Not the cover up people, they'll dummy up and misdirect all day long. The truth is plainly visible…

US House votes 98% to arm Ukraine Government

edit on 19-1-2015 by intrptr because: bb code and link

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Arming is not providing mercenaries last i checked is it?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join