It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pesticides likely a cause of ADHD, depression, homosexuality, and obesity--

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: WP4YT
I don't believe I've ever met a single homosexual who seemed down to earth.

Maybe you should get out more.

Some well known folks who were/are also homosexual - Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, Tchaikovsky, Oscar Wilde, King James I, King Frederick the Great, Ferdinand I of Bulgaria, Erasmus, Francis Bacon, Neil Patrick Harris, President James Buchanan, Alexander the Great, Hadrian, Cyrano de Bergerac, Richard Cromwell, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Walt Whitman, Oscar Browning ... etc etc

Though then again, I guess you need you have screws loose to WANT to be an outcast In society.

Jesus was an outcast. He knew what he was doing would make him an outcast and that he'd be killed for it. So he had a loose screw, eh?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Tusks

I've read most if not all studies related to homosexuality and birth. Be it environmental, endocrine related etc.

Your studies from 1995 are not applicable in 2014. For a variety of reasons. The most important being the difference between people's willingness to discuss LGBT issues today, vs 20 years ago.

Here's a more recent study done in 2011.

Conservative estimates place it at about 8.6 %. So I rounded up a bit.

Please show me valid scientific proof of your claims that was not created in an era where being a homosexual was social suicide.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Always slightly concerns me when I see company employees that apply the poison, ah, I mean pesticides, do so without wearing a mask (I'd wear a full body suit). These mostly young men may feel invincible, but hey, shouldn't the companies (or golf courses, or corporations, or anyone) themselves make sure their employees are wearing protection? And masks too?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Adults with frequent/chronic exposure to pesticides appear to have 2 to 5 times the risk of developing Parkinson's disease than those not so exposed.

The worst danger is for the fetus of a pregnant woman who could be exposed to tiny amounts just by living with someone who uses the pesticides--or by the pregnant woman eating contaminated fruit.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

The 1995 study is only about the dangers of pesticides. The pesticides and their dangers have not changed.

The estimations of percentages of self-identified homosexuals that I quoted is from 2013---2 years newer than the study you quoted.

You need to read.
edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Your stats are pulled from a Wikipedia page that only includes the USA.

Furthermore, those stats are from 2006. The only reference to anything post 2006 is gallup poles done and another done by NHIS who only viewed gay and lesbian as opposed to the full spectrum of LGBT.

From your Source

Cornell University, carrying out research into sexuality amongst a representative sample of more than 20 000 young Americans, published that 14.4% of young women self-identified as being sexual and either lesbian or bisexual, while 5.6% of young men self-identified as being sexual and either gay or bisexual.[26]

Fried's 2008 analysis of General Social Survey data shows the percentage of United States males reporting homosexual activity for three time periods: 1988–92, 1993–98, and 2000–06. These results are broken out by political party self-identification, and indicate increasing percentages, particularly among Democrats (or, perhaps, reflecting a shift of political allegiance among gay Americans). (See graph, right.)[27]

CNN exit polling showed self-identified gay, lesbian, and bisexual voters at 4% of the voting population in the United States presidential election, 2008.[28]
2010s

The National Survey of Sexual Health and Behavior interviewed nearly 6,000 people nationwide between the ages of 14 and 94 found that 7 percent of women and 8 percent of men identify as gay, lesbian or bisexual.[29]

A Gallup report published in October 2012 by the Williams Institute reported that 3.4% of US adults identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender. Minorities were more likely to identify as non-heterosexual; 4.6% of blacks, 4.0% of Hispanics and 3.2% of whites. Younger people, aged 18–29, were three times more likely to identify as LGBT than seniors over the age of 65, the numbers being 6.4% and 1.9%, respectively.[30][31]

In the first large-scale government survey measuring Americans’ sexual orientation, the NHIS reported in July 2014 that 1.6 percent of Americans identify as gay or lesbian.[32]

As you can see, the numbers wildly differ, because these are polls, and not studies.

Considering USA is not a indication of the world at large, and that the most populous countries on earth, still have a huge stigma towards homosexuality, common sense would dictate my numbers, although estimates, are more likely closer to the reality than not.

~Tenth
edit on 1/17/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
You do realize that there's always been about 10 to 15 percent of the population who identifies as homosexual, bi or gender queer right?

That sounds really high to me. The last text I saw, a college psychology text, had it at 5% homosexual/bisexual. It's probably not as high as the homosexual community claims (15%) and not as low as the far right Christians claim (2%). But no matter if it's 2% or 15% or something in between ... I've posted many times on this board that it's just a natural variant in humanity ... like blue eyes or being left handed. I'd go dig up the information about brain sizes and chemistry but honestly ... I haven't got the energy to do so right now.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I go to the 15% by including all spectrums of gender identity. Be it, gay, lesbian, bi, trans and gender queer.

In all honestly, it's probably closer to about 9 or 10 % overall. I probably did over estimate a bit.

ETA: As a side note, I won't argue that pesticides are most certainly a factor in a variety of illnesses, probably both mental and physical.

~Tenth
edit on 1/17/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I beg to differ....there is doubt about any external factors in someone being homosexual. For the record, it has never been conclusively proven to be a disease or an ailment to be cured. No more than it is an ailment to be born left handed.

Accept it.....that is one of life's little miracles.

Just as you cannot prove that Homosexuality is not due to external factors, others cannot prove that it is. Using this as a base, your 'little miracle' loses it's weight as an argument.

It is not acceptable to force people to change their opinions regarding a subject such as homosexuality just as it is not acceptable to force people to change their opinions about heterosexuality. These issues of public outcry and division amongst people in our communities serves no other purpose than to keep the general public bickering over something that should be an issue reserved entirety for a person's personal choice. If you know that a mechanic is homophobic, take your business elsewhere. If you know that the mechanic is not friendly to whites, go elsewhere. I have lived in many different countries where I have been discriminated due to my skin color and did not need a government body to fix the situation for me; I adapted and overcame the limitations myself.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

I think it's hysterical that people will link pesticides and pollutants with obesity, ADHD, Autism, various birth defects, depression, etc, etc.......

But if homosexuality is included??? Throw the entire topic out the window, even if it had merit, toss it out.

So is denying ignorance screaming because someone brought an interesting discussion to the table--one which some people can't handle?

Hysterical.

"Obesity, diabetes, oh I'm with you bud! Wait, you mentioned homosexuality? You hateful, bigoted monster! No tolerance for you! But have tolerance for me mkay?"

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I don't think many would consider people like Oscar Wilde to be down to Earth. Now maybe the millions of normal gay people sure. But not people who made extravagance and "sticking it to the system" a lifestyle.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
So, how does that explain the wild and socially acceptable homosexuality in ancient Greece (that goes back to roughly 1000 BCE)?
What about the same in ancient Roman society (The reign of the Emperor Caligula comes to mind in approx 37 AD)?

Hmmm......funny that.

Volcanic eruptions? Disrupted food production? Stress from invasion? Importing dodgy food products from neighboring regions?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
once again, the stories of wild Greek and Roman homo sex parties are describing the well off rulers and business elite of the time. Mainly because they had the time to be bored and spoiled enough to bother with such trivialities. Did the common folk engage in such acts? Likely. But there are no stories written for them, because it was not common enough.

Homosexuality and transgender, the result of spoiled and bored people in a society with everything they have and need. No society where the peoples day to day lives requires surviving and finding food has a measurable number of this behavior except where the communities are well off and well fed better than the rest of the land.

In modern times this has a lot to do with the toxins being put into out food and water as well as the 24/7 barrage of media (the modern name of propaganda) from infant's birth to grave. There is clearly a measurable affect on the impressionable children in our society from this compared to say the Sudan, Ethiopia or Somalia where they have to spend every minute of everyday just trying to survive and are not subject to the 24/7 mind control machine from cradle to grave like in the Western Empire.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
People,can we please wake up from this slumber and accept that homosexuality is just a choice and not a disease? That's all I'm asking.

Your friend,

Maxwell

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxwell_Orlandis
People,can we please wake up from this slumber and accept that homosexuality is just a choice and not a disease? That's all I'm asking.

It's neither a choice nor a disease.

That being said, the theory proposed in the opening post is not out of the realm of having some merit.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Homosexuality is caused by a parasite that evolved to live in cats with mice as a vector by rewiring the brains of male mice to seek out the urine of cats and become loopy and flameboyany in the process to be more easily consumed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join