It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pesticides likely a cause of ADHD, depression, homosexuality, and obesity--

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Moving past this ridiculous homosexuality discussion, I strongly believe that certain foods, especially food with a high water content, are not entirely safe to consume in large quantities. One of my favorite fruits is watermelon, but I prevent myself from eating it all the time because I don't trust the pesticides they use to grow it. I also don't trust the water they use on their crops, it's usually highly treated water which contains chlorine and fluoride. Some times when I'm eating watermelon I can literally taste the crappy tap water in it. I'd much rather eat organically grown foods any day of the week, regardless of what the health experts claim.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Tusks
This is not an anti-homosexuality thread--it is a warning about our exposures to insecticides causing neurological damage.

Could have fooled me with your blazing thread title of "Pesticides likely a cause of ADHD, depression, homosexuality, and obesity--

I didn't see that it was the required title of a quoted news article....so it must be in your own words...right?

This person seems very offended by someones theory. Just because it mentions homosexuality. Funny how they ddnt pick up on obesity and ADHD......seems like an attention seeker to me.

The OP was not attacking homo people at all just pointing out something in a study.....grow up

Debate the topic, not the person...right? However, let me elaborate for you....

Obesity: Yes, a known clinical condition that has both physical and psychological components that contribute to the condition. A valid reason not to debate that aspect...it's well known and recognized as an ailment.

Depression: Yes, a known clinical condition that has both physical and psychological components that contribute to the condition. A valid reason not to debate that aspect...it's well known and recognized as an ailment.

ADHD: Perhaps. There are varying studies on each side that it truly is a medical condition. Debate looms over whether it is physical or psychological (or a combination of both). So, I'll pass on debating it since there are valid studies of it being medically linked.

Homosexuality: No. There is no accepted medical link to this being a medical condition caused by physical or psychological factors. No more than say, being left-handed (which used to be considered evil and children FORCED to switch hands causing lasting psychological effects the remainder of their lives.

The OP is the one that included homosexuality in their thread title. A thread, I may add, they placed into the Medical Issues and Conspiracies forum. So, the OP must think that it is some medical condition. And, medical conditions are typically considered a possibility for discovering a cure. All I am trying to point out is that there is no accepted and proven studies showing it is a medical condition. So, the OP linking pesticides as a "likely" (their words) cause of it is bogus on its face alone.

Does that help describe why I focused my time and posting effort on that topic,whereas the others are actual medical conditions which could be related to pesticides.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

originally posted by: Tusks
This is not an anti-homosexuality thread--it is a warning about our exposures to insecticides causing neurological damage.

Could have fooled me with your blazing thread title of "Pesticides likely a cause of ADHD, depression, homosexuality, and obesity--

I didn't see that it was the required title of a quoted news article....so it must be in your own words...right?

This person seems very offended by someones theory. Just because it mentions homosexuality. Funny how they ddnt pick up on obesity and ADHD......seems like an attention seeker to me.

The OP was not attacking homo people at all just pointing out something in a study.....grow up

Debate the topic, not the person...right? However, let me elaborate for you....

Obesity: Yes, a known clinical condition that has both physical and psychological components that contribute to the condition. A valid reason not to debate that aspect...it's well known and recognized as an ailment.

Depression: Yes, a known clinical condition that has both physical and psychological components that contribute to the condition. A valid reason not to debate that aspect...it's well known and recognized as an ailment.

ADHD: Perhaps. There are varying studies on each side that it truly is a medical condition. Debate looms over whether it is physical or psychological (or a combination of both). So, I'll pass on debating it since there are valid studies of it being medically linked.

Homosexuality: No. There is no accepted medical link to this being a medical condition caused by physical or psychological factors. No more than say, being left-handed (which used to be considered evil and children FORCED to switch hands causing lasting psychological effects the remainder of their lives.

The OP is the one that included homosexuality in their thread title. A thread, I may add, they placed into the Medical Issues and Conspiracies forum. So, the OP must think that it is some medical condition. And, medical conditions are typically considered a possibility for discovering a cure. All I am trying to point out is that there is no accepted and proven studies showing it is a medical condition. So, the OP linking pesticides as a "likely" (their words) cause of it is bogus on its face alone.

Does that help describe why I focused my time and posting effort on that topic,whereas the others are actual medical conditions which could be related to pesticides.

Definitely an ailment, imo. I work with a lot of homosexuals male and female in my industry, and not one of them is normal. They all definitely have screws loose. I don't believe I've ever met a single homosexual who seemed down to earth. Though then again, I guess you need you have screws loose to WANT to be an outcast In society.

When that said, it's not an ailment that hurts them... not debilitating. Autism comes to mind. People with autism are really out there, too. But people with autism can be geniuses...

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: WP4YT

Really, and what are your qualification to diagnose medical conditions? I personally know many homosexuals (male and female)m as well as a few transgenders. And like any group there are those that are on the side of the bell curve, but they are not the rule but the exception. All I can do is rely upon medical studies published in accepted medical journals that are peer reviewed. The fact you mention they choose" to be an outcast clearly shows you have no true understanding of it at all. Just as I did not choose to be left-handed, and neither did my father (who as a child was forced to switch by school teachers who though it was evil).

But, my opinion (like yours) means diddly squat since I have no medical degree in this field. So, if someone can show me a peer reviewed respected medical journal that links homosexuality being a medical condition, I will happily read it and come to my own conclusions. If I am convinced then I would be open to changing my position on the matter.

Until that time, I stand my ground that it is not a medical condition that needs curing.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Well since this thread has now turned into an off-topic discussion about homosexuals, allow me to input my thoughts on this subject. I think 90% of people have some degree of homosexuality but most people simply don't admit it for many different reasons. Men are hard wired to be attracted to women, and women and hard wired to be attracted to men, it's just the way human DNA is coded. But genetics and evolution is a very plastic mechanism, some men a very petite and look a lot like women, while some women look a lot like men. There is clearly an overlapping which can occur between both genders, and I think this also applies for sexual attraction. Some men simply have more feminine genes than other men, and they have a higher propensity for homosexual thoughts because their brain is wired in a way similar to a women, and so they naturally feel the same sort of attraction that a women will feel towards a man. The same thing applies to homosexual women, but in the opposite way obviously.

Having said that, I don't necessarily think people are born gay or straight. Our experiences in life also play a huge role in how our brain is wired. If I wasn't born in Australia then I would most likely hate the taste of Vegemite because I didn't grow up with it. The more we experience something, the more we become accustomed to it, we are reinforcing those neural pathways each time we experience the thing in question. It's like a feedback loop, the more you do it, the more you enjoy it and the more you seek it out. I also think that by reinforcing said neural pathways one is also reinforcing those latent neural pathways that originate in the opposite sex. Those people who feel like they are a man in a womens body or a women in a mans body often experience real physical changes in their body because they are acting and thinking like a member of the opposite sex, so their body changes to match what they see in their mind, because the genes are there, they are just latent and not being expressed.
edit on 16/1/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
>>
Well since this thread has now turned into an off-topic discussion about homosexuals
>>

What did you expect?

The OP probably doesn't even *realize* how absurd and offending it could be for some to mention a variety of diseases alongside with homosexuality.

If you don't see anything wrong with that I can't help you.

And by the way, what does this have to do with "PC"?

I am not "politically correct" because I am pointing this out or think it's odd that someone mentions homosexuality alongside with a number of diseases. There is nothing to be "correct" about - if someone should need to be correct is the one who assumes that homosexuality is a "disorder" which likely needs to be "cured".

Same as with your example of "woman in a man's body" or vice versa. REALIZE the problem of people who are transgender and feel like in the wrong body IS NOT A PROBLEM OF THOSE PEOPLE. They could have normal lives, relationships, marriages and live like any other "normal" person. The problem for those people only is created by the inability to integrate into a society where "a woman in a man's body" is seen as some "defect", something which "needs to be corrected". Otherwise it would be entirely irrelevant, someone could live a life as woman in a man's body and live out their life/sexuality like anyone else. And it's exactly such ignorant nonsense like in this OP where people more or less openly mix homosexuality, transgenderism into the same area as diseases and don't even notice it or think it's "normal" to do it. THIS is the problem.
edit on 1/17/2015 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I just noticed the thread was moved out of the medical forum to the Skunk Works forum. Well done mods. No need to continue the debate here...it smells too bad to return.

Nite all........ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
We can be easily poisoned, particularly in-utero. All the conditions listed in the title (even if you don't want to call them conditions) are increasing in frequency in humans, and they are all associated with behavioral differences--most of which are considered undesirable--ie, they are detrimental to survival of the species . But remember, too, even psychopaths and necrophiles may think their condition is normal.

Besides chemical poisoning, we can have behavioral programming that changes entire societal behaviors. We are witnessing the effects of some of that programming in this thread. TV is clearly the biggest and best programming mechanism in existence.

More on endocrine disrupters:

See ERICE consensus statement on endocrine disrupting chemicals and their effect on the brain and behaviour:

We are certain of the following:
Endocrine-disrupting chemicals can undermine neurological and behavioral development and subsequent potential of individuals exposed in the womb or, in fish, amphibians, reptiles, and birds, the egg. This loss of potential in humans and wildlife is expressed as behavioral and physical abnormalities. It may be expressed as reduced intellectual capacity and social adaptability, as impaired responsiveness to environmental demands, or in a variety of other functional guises. Widespread loss of this nature can change the character of human societies or destabilize wildlife populations...

www.fluoridealert.org...
edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

Same as with your example of "woman in a man's body" or vice versa. REALIZE the problem of people who are transgender and feel like in the wrong body IS NOT A PROBLEM OF THOSE PEOPLE. They could have normal lives, relationships, marriages and live like any other "normal" person. The problem for those people only is created by the inability to integrate into a society where "a woman in a man's body" is seen as some "defect", something which "needs to be corrected".

I wasn't saying it is a problem with such people, I was simply explaining my theory on why it occurs. I completely agree with what you said because I don't see it as a disease or fault. For that matter I don't think there is such a thing as a "normal human", every single person on the planet is built differently.
edit on 17/1/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedeadtruth
But all those conditions have been around longer than pesticides .

Please explain.

They were never around in such abundance as they are today, with the exception of maybe depression. Difference was back then people did not have time to STAY depressed unless they were ready to die, as staying depressed would likely lead to death during pre-industrial living.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
you know people are always bringing up wild Gay Greece of the past, but fail to acknowledge almost everything documented of it was from the well off higher society types. Imperial rulers, Senators, generals come to mind.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Regardless of the causes, industrialization and the accompanied pollutants and environmental damage, is a huge problem for us as a species.

It is natural for our body chemistry to react to our environment, therefore, what these toxins do to us is ultimately natural from that perspective. I have no doubt that these things have an effect on our bodies and minds, we are reacting to the chemical stew.

People can dance around that all they want and complain about what ADHD, depression, homosexuality, and obesity really are and what causes these things to happen, but ultimately these are all naturally occurring given what is in our environment, be that chemical, social, political or whatever the cause.

Humans are walking toxic waste, just like everything else in our polluted environment and how that effects us is a natural reaction. So get over what is natural and what is not and how that is changing us, the simple fact is that things are changing and there are reasons for this, whatever those reasons maybe.

Let's not forget the rat population studies, were are in the rat race after all.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
So man made toxins, are now natural because they were in the environment? And that rationalizes some of the doubt that is now brewing in your head??

I agree though majority of us our walking toxic waste, some more or less than others. Although I am quite fit and healthy myself, I can bet I have higher levels of lead and PCB's in my blood because of my hobby as a scrap metal salvage guy.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

For toxins in the environment, made by man, it is "natural" for a planet occupied by humans to have those toxins. Humans are not unnatural, therefore the toxins we produce are not unnatural as well.

The most that can be said is that these are not naturally occurring, unless people naturally live there. If we leave our planet to go inhabit another place off world, it would be the natural thing for humans to do, and our toxins will be there with us.

It is our body's natural reaction I'm talking about anyway, not the naturalness or unnaturalness of the substances we create and then pollute our home world with. A human's turd is a natural pollutant and ingesting that causes a reaction in our body like any other toxic substance so it can not be different when talking about unnatural toxins.
edit on 17-1-2015 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
As to the discussion about the correlation to homosexuality; it has been shown by numerous studies that brain structure and thalamus size correlates quite reliably to sexuality in men. Basically gay men have similar cerebral arrangement to straight women.

I believe there is a social factor to it also, but the vast majority of homosexual people simply are who they are; nothing to be cured.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: WP4YT

It's possible.

You want to believe it is.

Is there any known correlation between pesticide use and the incidence of homosexuality in local populations? No.

Is there any evidence that gayness is on the increase? No.

Homosexuality is controlled by your brain

Really? Have you conducted studies to show this? Has anyone else?

edit on 17/1/15 by Astyanax because: EOT is here.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
"Our Stolen Future" consensus statement quoted above

The group
www.ourstolenfuture.org...
The statement
www.ourstolenfuture.org...

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Self identification studies of homosexuality have gone from about 2% 20 or 30 years ago to 3.8% in recent questionaires--almost a doubling. The accuracy of self-identification of this type can obviously be questioned.
en.wikipedia.org...

The number of people who admit knowing someone who is homosexual has tripled in the past 20 years.

The other conditions mentioned in the review of chlorpyrifos (ADHD, depression, obesity, pre-diabetes) are also on the increase.

That pesticides can cause these conditions is definite. Are they a primary cause of the increases in these conditions in humanity? Don't know for certain, but damn close to certain.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Tusks

You do realize that there's always been about 10 to 15 percent of the population who identifies as homosexual, bi or gender queer right?

The reason MORE people self identify is that the social stigma of being gay, has mostly been lifted in the 1st world. So people are not fearing for their lives when they come out as gay.

This has NOTHING to do with genetics, and or pesticides, and everything to do with societal norms as well as an increase in overall tolerance.

There is 0 evidence provided, in any of your links, that support the notions you've come up with.

Extraordinary statements of fact, require extraordinary proof.

~Tenth
edit on 1/17/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Your numbers are questionable. The links I provided give multiple different attempts at estimating a percentage.

The consensus statement from the scientists at Erice, Italy in 1995 is also given, and they have many studies to back their opinion.

You should read them.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join