It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pesticides likely a cause of ADHD, depression, homosexuality, and obesity--

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
---in children. Definitely happens in rats after very low dose exposure in utero

And probably Parkinson's disease in adults from chronic exposure.

This has been known for several years.

One of the most common insecticides is Chlorpyrofos. The USA alone uses between 10 and 20 million pounds per year, mostly on cotton, corn, almonds and oranges.

en.wikipedia.org...
"Animal experiments: In experiments with rats, short-term low-dose exposure to chlorpyrifos early in life has resulted in lasting neurological changes, with larger effects on emotional processing and cognition than on motor skills.[13] Such rats can also exhibit behaviors consistent with depression and reduced anxiety.[13] In rats, low-level exposure during development to chlorpyrifos has its greatest neurotoxic effects during a window in which sex differences in the brain develops, and exposure leads to reductions or reversals of normal rat male-female differences.[15]

In laboratory rats, exposure to low levels of chlorpyrifos early in life or as adults also appears to affect metabolism and body weight.[16] These rats show increased body weight as well as changes in liver function and chemical indicators similar to prediabetes, likely associated with changes to the cyclic AMP system"

It would be nice to see some organization measuring the concentrations of pesticides in different foods, but I suspect Dow and Monsanto would give them Hell if they tried to publish the data. Some UK info:

www.pan-uk.org...

"If you look at the UK government residue monitoring reports, they emphasise that two-thirds of our food
does not contain residues. This can give an over-optimistic view because different kinds of food vary
enormously in their level of contamination with pesticides. For example, all soft citrus fruit and 80% of
apples sampled from British supermarkets and other shops during 2003-04 contained residues, over 75%
of farmed fish samples contain residues, and even in daily staples like bread or potatoes you find
residues turning up in at least half of the samples tested. There is no published information on our overall
average daily intake levels of pesticides in food because it is too difficult or expensive to estimate
."

edit on Fri, 16 Jan 2015 23:22:02 -0600 by JacKatMtn because: BBCode for external sourced quotes

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
But all those conditions have been around longer than pesticides .

Please explain.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Dumbing down the public FTW!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
So, how does that explain the wild and socially acceptable homosexuality in ancient Greece (that goes back to roughly 1000 BCE)?
What about the same in ancient Roman society (The reign of the Emperor Caligula comes to mind in approx 37 AD)?

Hmmm......funny that.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Homosexuality undoubtedly has multiple causes or contributing factors. One of those is undoubtedly exposure to certain toxins during embryonic development. Chlorpyrifos appears to be very potent in this effect--and in several other very serious effects.

edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tusks
Homosexuality undoubtedly has multiple causes or contributing factors. One of those is undoubtedly exposure to certain toxins during embryonic development. Chlorpyrifos appears to be very potent in this effect--and in several other very serious effects.

I beg to differ....there is doubt about any external factors in someone being homosexual. For the record, it has never been conclusively proven to be a disease or an ailment to be cured. No more than it is an ailment to be born left handed.

Accept it.....that is one of life's little miracles.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Wow! Interesting video, that should be it's own thread! I definitely believe in the dumbing down of america or stupidity propaganda as I like to call it.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This is not an anti-homosexuality thread--it is a warning about our exposures to insecticides causing neurological damage.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

This is not an anti-homosexuality thread--it is a warning about our exposures to insecticides causing neurological damage.

Could have fooled me with your blazing thread title of "Pesticides likely a cause of ADHD, depression, homosexuality, and obesity--

I didn't see that it was the required title of a quoted news article....so it must be in your own words...right?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
so pestitcides are gay. Gotcha. Il keep that in mind.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Tusks

Maybe it affects the part of the brain that deals with sexual attraction? Gays have been around for thousands of years along with depression. I'm sure ADHD was too but they were just considered spacey or active. Same with obesity.

Seeing how toxins and pollutants can affect the brain doesn't it stand to reason it could affect a person's sexual orientation in certain cases? It might work by changing a gay person into a straight person and the other way around?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Well think of it this way if your all gay population will go down which is what alot of people think needs to be done by hook or crook. . . Also turning a blind eye to the problems of the world may just be the complacent public worker drones the powers that be are wanting. Who knows? There is a rise in the apathy of people these days. . . .

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Three of those are medical conditions. Homosexuality, as far as I know isn't controlled or cured through medical procedures. It's been happening in hundreds of different species for thousands of years. I fail to see the correlation between pesticides and a naturally occurring phenomena.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

edit on -06:002015Fri, 16 Jan 2015 22:29:35 -060031America/ChicagouFri, 16 Jan 2015 22:29:35 -0600FriAmerica/ChicagoJan by PorteurDeMort because: Super fabulous double post

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedeadtruth
But all those conditions have been around longer than pesticides .

Please explain.

Actually, pesticides have been used as long ago as 2,000bc. Up until the 1400's, they used a mixture of arsenic, mercury and lead, which I highly doubt is any more safe than what's used today.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: WP4YT

they used a mixture of arsenic, mercury and lead, which I highly doubt is any more safe than what's used today.

Do arsenic, mercury and lead make people homosexual? That must have been a bummer in ancient Greece and Rome, not to mention Egypt, where women used lead white as foundation. No wonder the lads had to fondle each other...

This is a disgusting thread, started by someone who apparently thinks that homosexuality is a disease. I trust it will be closed soon.

For the record, I am a confirmed heterosexual who grew up around many gay people in a highly tolerant culture, and I love them. I was married to one for a time. They add so much colour, creativity and humour to life. Homophobes must be sorry people indeed.

edit on 16/1/15 by Astyanax because: this thread will be closed sooner or later, mark my words.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: WP4YT

they used a mixture of arsenic, mercury and lead, which I highly doubt is any more safe than what's used today.

Do arsenic, mercury and lead make people homosexual? That must have been a bummer in ancient Greece and Rome, not to mention Egypt, where women used lead white as foundation. No wonder the lads had to fondle each other...

This is a disgusting thread, apparently started by someone who thinks homosexuality is a disease.

For the record, I am a confirmed heterosexual who grew up around many gay people in a highly tolerant culture, and I love them. I was married to one for a time. They add so much colour, creativity and humour to life. Homophobes must be sorry people indeed.

It's possible.

Homosexuality is controlled by your brain (obvious, your liver or kidneys dont determine who you want to bone), and lead, mercury, arsenic, etc are all known to affect things the brain. It's certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

But it could not be tested, no one is going to sign up for free shots of arsenic and mercury for testing purposes, so we may never know.
edit on 16-1-2015 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Could have fooled me with your blazing thread title of "Pesticides likely a cause of ADHD, depression, homosexuality, and obesity--

I didn't see that it was the required title of a quoted news article....so it must be in your own words...right?

This person seems very offended by someones theory. Just because it mentions homosexuality. Funny how they ddnt pick up on obesity and ADHD......seems like an attention seeker to me.

The OP was not attacking homo people at all just pointing out something in a study.....grow up

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Tusks

This study seems to have some merit to it. At least people have been studying it and not just making up things or assuming just because someone is the way they are is normal.

You cant win with a thread like this though because ATS is full of those PC, self righteous, interfering nobodies who have done ZERO studies to back up their loud and irritating voice.

Im giving a STAR and FLAG to this thread which i never do

edit on 16-1-2015 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join