It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Major Fires Hit South Oxfordshire

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Firefighters are battling three major blazes in South Oxfordshire, including one at the district's council offices.

Within less than 10 minutes just after 3am, a total of 27 fire crews were sent to separate infernos at a thatched home, a funeral parlour and the South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Council offices.

David Etheridge, chief fire officer for Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service, said: "We are in the process of dealing with three major fires in South Oxfordshire, which occurred within a very short timeframe.

"These are ongoing incidents and our firefighters are working hard to get the fires under control, with assistance from neighbouring fire and rescue services at the South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Council office fire.

Source: [/url]http://news.sky.com/story/1408294/three-major-fires-hit-south-oxfordshire[url]

This is the main council offices for that part of Oxford, and they are operating for another area too.

This will affect so many people who rely on the council for support, whether it be housing, repairs, refuse, homelessness etc etc.

They are talking about it being suspected arson, whether a disgruntled employee or someone hacked off with the council for some reason, we are yet to learn. An eye witness has said a car drove fast into the area of the building this morning.

Just hope everyone is ok, there are 27 fire crews dealing with it at the moment.

CX.

edit on 15/1/15 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CX

This whole things smacks of someone going crazy.....

Council Offices - could be anything.

But if you then throw in thatched cottage and funeral parlour, im betting someone has lost the plot.....

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CX Sky are saying no casualties and there's a guy in custody.

Kind of strange choice of targets though, unless he's become unhinged after losing his house (the thatched cottage) His job (Fueral parlour) and felt he never got the help he needed (The Council).

Pure speculation on my part I a dmit, I guess we'll know when we know.

CX

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Sorry about the messed up thread, haven't a clue how to sort it out....first time I've done a thread with links for ages....

news.sky.com...

CX.

new topics

top topics

join