It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four top Secret Service executives told to leave their posts in agency shake-up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The director resigned last October, four are being fired, and two are retiring. What is going on here?

Acting director Joseph P. Clancy on Tuesday informed the four assistant directors who oversee the Secret Service’s core missions of protection, investigations, technology and public affairs that they must leave their leadership positions.

Source

This will remove much of the Secret Service's upper management. They are being criticized for making poor decisions as of late, and Obama's administration officials don't seem to trust them.

If they choose not to retire, they can either report for a new assignment within the Secret Service or it's parent agency, the Department of Homeland Security.

“Change is necessary to gain a fresh perspective on how we conduct business,” Clancy said in a statement to The Washington Post.

Change we can believe in, right? Or were they to old to learn any new tricks? I'm not jumping to any conclusions, but this certainly perked my interest. I am aware of the recent prostitutions scandal where 17 Secret Service agents and 5 special forces were caught after a dispute over a bill for "services", caused an investigation by hotel management. That alone would be something you would want to distance yourself from.

Add a knife wielding man gaining access into the white house and running around the main floor, an armed private security contractor boarding an elevator with Obama, a lack of response after gunfire at the Whitehouse and uninvited party guests.

If you can block Glenn Beck out of your mind, you may find what this former Secret Service member has to say about Obama.

Only two senior management officials remain. What makes them so special? Does this whole thing just boil down to sheer incompetence? There sure is enough evidence of that.

edit on 15-1-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I'm definitely placing a vote for incompetence. The man with the knife and other incidents made me laugh. There have been multiple massive, life-threatening gaps in security, which as far as I know is completely unprecedented in history.
edit on 15-1-2015 by FireflyStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Some of those guys obviously cannot be trusted. A conspiracy minded person would wonder if some of this was on purpose as a warning to Obama.

Hard to know who to trust in a government run on corruption. Then the highest bidder often has the power.

Who knows what's going on?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
At first this sounded to me like a dictator taking out his elite guards because of paranoia.

But after seeing the list of S.S. flubs, El Presidente probably isn't really too paranoid, just realistic.

top topics

join