It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Juvenile in handcuffs saves officers life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This is a great story. This kid has a long track record with the police, and was being booked on felon charges. Hopefully this will be what turns this young man around. That would be great if he ended up being a police officer.

Rutledge, in cuffs, fidgeted on his seat, and stared at the floor, then he turned around to look through the security fencing behind him. That’s when Foulks keeled over sideways off his stool.

Rutledge turned around to find him on the floor grabbing his chest. The juvenile defendant yelled for help, Fort Lauderdale Police Department said in a statement Tuesday.

He paced the processing cell and kicked the gate and quickly got other officers’ attention. The officers rushed in, started CPR, called paramedics and gave Foulks a jolt with the defibrillator.

kdvr.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

Awesome story, good for the kid!

Could have easily just sat there and watched.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I agree hopefully it leads him down a new path

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
This is a great story. This kid has a long track record with the police, and was being booked on felon charges. Hopefully this will be what turns this young man around. That would be great if he ended up being a police officer.

Rutledge, in cuffs, fidgeted on his seat, and stared at the floor, then he turned around to look through the security fencing behind him. That’s when Foulks keeled over sideways off his stool.

Rutledge turned around to find him on the floor grabbing his chest. The juvenile defendant yelled for help, Fort Lauderdale Police Department said in a statement Tuesday.

He paced the processing cell and kicked the gate and quickly got other officers’ attention. The officers rushed in, started CPR, called paramedics and gave Foulks a jolt with the defibrillator.

kdvr.com...

I read that story, and apparently it did not turn him around at all. I believe he has been booked several times since this happened back in September.

According to Fort Lauderdale Police Det. DeAnna Greenlaw, Rutledge has been arrested "multiple times" since September. Details of the arrests and allegations were not clear because he is a juvenile.

Source
edit on 1/14/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

Well, I suppose it just goes to show, that not every criminal, not even every habitual criminal, is incapable of moments of goodness.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
So there's hope for humans?

Nice.

new topics

top topics

join