It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hazmat team responds to Texas soldier, who fought ebola in Africa, found dead in yard

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
It looks like we will never know for sure unless the truth happens to corraspond with some need that can be gained by telling the truth.

in a nutshell. starred.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It's my understanding that he was able to take emergency leave from the 21-day monitoring. It is usually granted to soldiers who have a death or some related issue. I wonder what it was?

My condolences to his family! I hope it's not Ebola.

I will keep watching my local news for any new information. We should know the test results tonight.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
maybe he started to develop symptoms and then committed suicide

edit: just saw where they said it wasn't a suicide. nevermind

a reply to: SunnyRunner360

edit on 13-1-2015 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheArrow

According to article on Drudge, he was laying in his own vomit.

Can,t post article from my tablet

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
He was a Nigerian working in a US military uniform. Lord knows what that could all entail. News from Nigeria is depressing enough, but if it involves one's family members, it could have sent him off balance, though I truly hope not.

The other thing that comes to mind is whether the release of soldiers' names and addys in Texas were real and if so was his name included in the release as claimed by ISIS yesterday?

I think I'm spooking myself out here. Someone tell me I'm nuts.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Local news just gave an update: The initial test results were negative for Ebola. That's good news, at least.

I hope we find out what actually happened to him!

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

It should be noted that no diagnosis has been made yet as to what killed him. The solider could have died from malaria for all we know.
There won't be a diagnosis. It's already covered up.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Wait. Did he really get out of the mandatory quarantine early? Didn't a whole group from Ft Hood come home just last week AFTER their quarantine was over? if this is ebola, he may have been one of those "anomalies" who get ill past the time limit and maybe they don't want that known.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Not Ebola, maybe he partied it up a little too much...someone mentioned that he was found in vomit.
I still find it suspicious that he died the same day this was posted:

motherboard.vice.com...

I don't know much about Motherboard. Anyone?

a reply to: Violater1

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaxsmash

...and remember we do have a nationwide flu outbreak right now......

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

...and remember we do have a nationwide flu outbreak right now......

Yes, this has me wondering what's going on. The soldiers returning from West Africa were placed in 21-day isolation but he was granted an emergency leave so that he could visit family. Did someone die in his family? If so, then that is really strange he was found dead, also.

Texas has reported widespread H1N1 flu cases this year.

I hope there's continuing coverage on this!

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Here's the News Story: The initial test for Ebola was negative.

KILLEEN (January 13, 2015) A preliminary field test shows that a soldier home on leave from duty in West Africa who was found dead in the front yard of a residence Tuesday morning does not have the Ebola virus, Fort Hood said late Tuesday afternoon.

“Carl R. Darnall Medical Center medical officials confirmed at 4:15 p.m. Jan. 13 that the initial screening BioFire Assay test results are negative for the presence of the Ebola virus disease,” the post said in a brief update.

A more conclusive test required by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is underway, the post said.

source

Secondary test will take another 8 hours.

edit on 13-1-2015 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

There is a very vicious stomach bug going around. I know this from experience. It won't kill you, but it can make you pass out. I spend about 24 hours so weak, sick and shaking that just walking across my house to get water and back would make me light-headed enough to pass out.

Imagine if he had it and tried to leave and had a freak accident that killed him - hit his head or something - he could have choked on his vomit.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Under the photo in the article.

Spc. Kayode Ilesanmi, 28, from Lagos, Nigeria, from left, Staff Sgt. Joshua Boggess, 30, from Hometown, West Virginia, and Capt. Jerod Brammer, man the 1st Area Medical Lab at the Jackson F. Doe Memorial Regional Referral Hospital in Tappita, Liberia. As Army medical laboratory technicians, the soldiers operate the lab that processes blood samples for presence of the Ebola virus. Photo: Cheryl Hatch

Is this the same Spc. Ilesanmi in Killeen who they are reporting as being 24 years of age?

I don't recall hearing or seeing a first name.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The flu this year is vicious. I had it and kids had it and it presented differently for each of us. One had stomach issues, then I just had severe body pain and high fever.
There is a lot of sickness about this winter.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: MrLimpet
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

From the article:

According to a release from Fort Hood, the soldier recently returned on emergency leave and was under established guidelines to self-monitor himself twice-a-day and report his status to medical officials.

What was the emergency leave? Was he ill or was it something else?

Seems if he was ill, they would have placed him in the hospital.

Killeen Daily reporting same story.
link

Emergency leave usually is due to a personal problem, like death in the family or divorce or severe problems with the kids, etc. If there was a medical problem or psychiatric problem, he would have gone to the hospital, so you are correct.

I'd guess suicide due to some sort of personal problem at first glance.

And the doctor beat me too it

Of course one would need more data but I find it highly unlikely aswell.

Ebola is not something one just drops dead from randomly or shrugs off without reporting in the west.
He would be informed on what symptoms to watch for and no one in there right mind would keep silent when western medical care could very well drasticaly increase there chance of recovery.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
They obviously know something that they aren`t telling us,why else would they send a hazmat unit?

if you see someone lying in their yard you don`t automatically assume they are dead or that they died from something that requires hazmat. people would usually call an ambulance,even if the person died from Ebola the EMT`s won`t know that so they wouldn`t call hazmat.

I do t know US army SOP

But Im going to hazard a guess its because he was serving in a high risk area.

Until a doctor or corona can sign off that it was not ebola then EMTs and clean up crews need to treat it like it was ebola regardless.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: SunnyRunner360

There were people during the outbreaks of plague that could get up in the morning apparently healthy and keel over dead in a few hours or so.

Sometimes, a disease can overtake you that suddenly depending on its route of infection.

Thats plague though.

Mostly likely septicemia as it can kill in hours and be a complication of plague.

Ebola is a diffrent kettle of fish. Dont think I have ever heard of it killing that rapidly.
edit on 13-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

I ended up with the flu as well this year. Within 8 hours of being exposed, I was running 102 fever, head/body aches, chills and vomiting.

Worst flu ever ~ IMO

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaxsmash
Not Ebola, maybe he partied it up a little too much...someone mentioned that he was found in vomit.
I still find it suspicious that he died the same day this was posted:

motherboard.vice.com...

I don't know much about Motherboard. Anyone?

a reply to: Violater1

If it was rapid and killed quick without warning it clould have been a stroke or heart attack both can cause vommiting.

But it guess work really.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join