It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killer Gamer...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Lewis Daynes.

Was just that a killer Gamer,,,
A Mini Me Modern Day Charle Manson type for the digital ages.

Built himself up a following of innocent easily manipulated victims on the net.
An ensnared this poor child In his web.

They have been playing this evils sick phucks voice all night on the news as he reports his crime /accident/self defence/

On the 999 call.

He sounds like he I sreporting that he has lost his smartphone.

Infact he would probably have sounded more emotional If he had missplased his keys.

Try an listen if you get the chance,

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Truly a sad story. But if the mother caught on to what was happening, why did she allow the young boy to continually use the service? If anything I would have taking the computer away until I got home, maybe even getting my son to get the address of this 19 year old and dealing with it myself. If the cops didn't/couldn't do anything about it the parent should have been more involved, and if she was it wasn't covered in this article. I would have recorded their conversations and meet up with this 19 year old myself. Parents need to be more involved with their children..

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ecossiepossie

Listen to the 999 call

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: InfinityandBeyond

She DID take away his computer equipment, and thought that would be an end to it. Unfortunately the young lad managed to stay in contact with the bastard who did for him, leading to the unfortunate end of the victims life, and to the increased notoriety of his killer.

The unfortunate thing in all this, is that not only did the mother take steps against the contact point, to no avail, but she also got in touch with the police and gave them everything they would have needed to follow up and discover his villainy before such events as in fact transpired, could ever have come to pass.

I hope his murderer has an unpleasant time of it in jail.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: InfinityandBeyond

Not saying it's impossible, but controlling teens once they are past a certain age is very difficult. Not to mention this kid was gay, isolated, and probably felt he was in love with this guy.

This is just a really sad story. I feel that gay teens are at even greater risk because 9/10 out of ten they don't have support of family and friends. Their dating options are slim at the age when you want to explore and have girlfriends and boyfriends. That leaves the internet and that's a terribly dangerous place for a teen to meet someone.

Just sad all around.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I read about this. So so tragic and messed up. Poor kid. That evil 19 year old though. Man, what a creep.

That's why it's good to teach ur kids to never trust someone who they meet online and to never meet up with those people. It's a good rule of thumb that I'm glad my parents taught me.

ie: there should be a distinction between friends on the internet and friends irl. It's cool to have both--I sure do and I love my internet friends 'cause theyre great and it's totally chill always because there's never true ulterior motive since i set boundaries and we are chill because we like one another but that's as far as it goes. There's no deep-set bond at all. Except maybe in the case of people who I'd met on eating disorder recovery forums who I bonded with and who I trust on a limited basis lol but I can't understand how this kid actually got up and met this evil murderer. Red flags were everywhere. It's really unfortunate.
edit on 13-1-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

join