It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian hacker Vladimir drinkman maybe exchanged for Edward Snowden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I'm not a politics guy and you mostly don't see me mingle into foreign politics , I've somehow my reasons for that.But when I see some news of interest from my part of the world I live in I will not withhold this for the ones who think this could be interesting to know.

The fact that there's this hacker Vladimir Drinkman who apparently has being captured by our police force and arrested for stealing sensitive data from hundred-sixty million credit-carts . Also he had access to sensitive US secured agency information.

The hacks found ,included Nasdaq, Dow Jones, Citibank, 7-Eleven and Carrefour. In total hundreds of millions of dollars were seized.

So there seems allot at stake here I guess..

The case is special because not only the US but also Russia wants Drinkman's extradition .

But his lawyer tries that the extradition will be to Russia and not the US . Also the relation between the US and the Netherlands are better then The Netherlands with Russia especially after MH17 The dutch relationship with the Russians are to be cooled down.

So its more obvious that that the US will get Vladimir and probably start trying to negotiate this exchange for Edward Snowden.

Whatever the court ruling may be and the consequences it will have for the dutch, We will see that later I guess .

Nu News (dutch)
Tass
peace

edit on 0b12America/ChicagoMon, 12 Jan 2015 16:55:12 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 12 Jan 2015 16:55:12 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
oops double thread .. weird

Mod can you delete one pls

solved thnx ...

edit on 0b26America/ChicagoMon, 12 Jan 2015 16:53:26 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 12 Jan 2015 16:53:26 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Appreciate the news and links.

Russia doesn't have any legal ground to stop the hackers extradition to the US to my knowledge. Russia would have to convince a judge in Netherlands that the US extradition warrant is invalid or the US would violate his human rights. That is very unlikely to happen, despite Guantanamo Bay and all that.

As for your idea the US would swap the hacker for Snowden, I am sure that is a trade Russia would never make. Snowden is the most valuable public win over America that Russia has had since the Cold War. Giving him back simply isn't an option.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

As for your idea the US would swap the hacker for Snowden, I am sure that is a trade Russia would never make. Snowden is the most valuable public win over America that Russia has had since the Cold War. Giving him back simply isn't an option.

Well that wasn't own thinking but more the thoughts of this hacker who obviously said that he was afraid to be extradited with Snowden ..

IMO you're probably right that it wont happen what could this hacker supposedly poses that could be so important for Russia to give Snowdon away?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Nice piece of propaganda Observer

but the fact is

Russia can't "exchange" snowden even if they wanted to, because he is a free man

You guys sometimes crack me up with your wishful thinking.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TryAndStopTheFuture555

They can do whatever they want to do in their Country.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: concernedcitizen519

They can do whatever they want to do in their Country.

And you honestly think Russia will give US snowden ?

Even the most hardcore Putin supporter would say WTF

so no, snowden won't go, sorry

new topics

top topics

join