It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive car pile-up on Michigan highway I-94

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I didn't see this video posted and ran a search, so forgive me if it was already posted... I assumed this was, and i guess it could be, so mods, please let me know if I screwed the pooch here

Anyways, this video is crazy... Talk about a white out with icy/snowy conditions and watching all these accidents happen that can't stop... This is truly an incredible video, not because it's cool or anything, but catching something like this happen just seems a little on the rare side to me.. Anyways, let me know what you think of the video below... Pretty crazy, right?

edit on 10-1-2015 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Simply amazing. People are oblivious to weather conditions. They think they safe at home in their easy chair with their remote in their hands instead of going flat out sixty with their butt three feet from the ground during snow blind conditions.

We have these on Interstate 5 sometimes during foggy conditions.

People if you have to get somewhere that quick, leave the house earlier.

edit on 10-1-2015 by intrptr because: change

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Simply amazing. People are oblivious to weather conditions. They think they safe at home in their easy chair with their remote in their hands instead of going flat out sixty with their butt three feet from the ground during snow blind conditions.

We have these on Interstate 5 sometimes during foggy conditions.

People if you have to get somewhere that quick, leave the house earlier.

Yea, I live here in Chicago, so I understand bad driving conditions (similar to Michigan for sure) and I know there are stretches of different expressways that are just god awful.. I-65 in Indiana comes to mind, parts of I-94 and I-80 can be bad too.. When conditions get bad, like in the video, just stay off the roads... It shocks me that so many people still go out even with these horrible conditions, and then decide to drive fast in highly questionable conditions...

Honestly, surprised more people didn't die in this pile up..
edit on 10-1-2015 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Some of us don't have much choice. We don't drive, we don't get paid. Add in the pressure from above to get there no matter what and then people that can't handle it, you have wrecks like this.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yes but, my gosh, to be still going near highway speed at impact, you really have to be not paying attention or deliberately driving way too fast for your level of visibility. It's been snowing and zero degrees here for days. Extreme caution while driving in this stuff should be obvious. To have scores of folks out of control is ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

That's 90% the cars. Most truck drivers go through one winter storm and learn or wreck. It's a steep learning curve, especially out west where you see 60 mph winds with your snow and ice.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
... It shocks me that so many people still go out even with these horrible conditions, and then decide to drive fast in highly questionable conditions...

Some people have to work for a living. And between balancing mandatory mega hours on the job, and a having responsibilities of a family and limited time for crucial personal things, some people dont get the luxury of leaving early all the time.

This is a result of that situation. Would be nice to have the option of not putting ourselves in this situation, but thats the way it goes for the average American working stiff.
edit on 10-1-2015 by DenyTreason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Please add to the discussion already in progress here:

Massive Car Pile UP In Michigan With a Fireworks Transport And A Tanker Truck.

Thank you. Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join