It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half the Stars

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Yes i have had some good views before myself and no matter how crazy theories become we can not ever deny what is in our vision. seeing is believing

There you go…

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

If you have discovered that reality is not real my question is this. Where do we go from here?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Let me answer your question in this manner.

I carry an old skeleton key on my key chain. Have now for ages. Why?

Well, there once was this cartoonist, Gahan Wilson or some such name. One of his cartoons had a space ship circling Earth. It was one of those old Sci"fi types out of the early 20th century style concepts. Like some of the old British sci fi movies. Anyway, The door to the space ship was open and out of it hung a long cord. Turns out it was an air hose and on the far end of the air hose was a man in a space suit. The space suit was also drawn up as would a late 19th century space explorer might have looked. The space suit was basically a deep sea diver suit and the helmet was that of a diver, with the air hose coming into the top of the helmet.

Clearly the suited figure represented mans exploration. Shot out of the atmosphere, in a rickety bucket, and then detached from the bucket and strung out on a fragile cord. For what reason? Ahhh.

He was on a mission to investigate a white anomaly, discovered by 19th century scientists . So there he is up close and looking at this white anomaly there in the middle of all the darkness of space. The anomaly at first looked like a white spoon. But then it was clear it was a key hole. And there he was, with no key.

So you see? I always carry that skeleton key. Just in case.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Well, why wait for verification? What... CNN will blast 'Sun found to be an extrusion of a gold making furnace in dimension X and we are in a fake reality, physicists jump from observatories in droves..?'

Spill it... what have you seen? I mean, I've seen some weird realities in dreams and artificially produced visions... so I doubt anything you say would surprise me... but I'm open to the possibility.

Being in a sort of Matrix is already likely... give us the reality... I have a couple free hours, heh.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Have you ever seen a "Star" that looks like it had a bite taken out of it, like the Apple Logo?

I've seen many through my Celestron and always wondered what they'd look like through Hubble or Space Centre Telescopes instead.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Astigmatism and coma can be common reasons for telescope image anomalies. You should check thosse possibilities if you havent already.
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
If you see this message

Welcome to the hologram

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Sounds like your optics are misaligned. Besides an eclipse of our sun, or occlusion by some other body, theres no such thing.

A star is too far to resolve any other than a glaring point of light. The higher the magnification, the brighter the "point".

I tried. I had an eight inch Schmidt Cassegrain.

Feel free to name one that we can see right now with a "bite missing".

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Half the stars we see were dead thousands of years ago...

Light years & all that...

How do they project the date of something that's dead?

You should say hundreds of millions (or even billions) of years.
"Thousands of years" is not even the blink of an eye in the life of most stars.

Many (if not most) of the stars in the sky today were probably around during the time of dinosaurs -- which itself really wasn't that long ago compared to the age of the Earth, Sun, and most other stars.

There are some short-lived stars out there that only last for a few million years, but most live for a few billion years.

edit on 1/9/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I find your posts interesting and don't feel the need for 'hard' evidence (matter is made up of empty space anyway!) I enjoy the discussion but some people here are so hell bent on evidence it's quite comical.

"No evidence no talkie!"

These musings have entered my mind before too. How far does the projection stretch? Are the stars data points from which we project our ego and perceive our 'physical' selves? If so then perhaps we are contained, so to speak.

I have found looking at the extraordinary work of art titled 'Net Of Being' by Alex Grey helped me understand the relative position of us, the stars and the god heads.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Have you ever seen a "Star" that looks like it had a bite taken out of it, like the Apple Logo?

I've seen many through my Celestron and always wondered what they'd look like through Hubble or Space Centre Telescopes instead.

Have you ever seen a star that has moved? Danced, winked and changed colour?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink

Have you ever seen a star that has moved? Danced...

That could be the "autokinetic effect"

The autokinetic effect (also referred to as autokinesis) is a phenomenon of visual perception in which a stationary, small point of light in an otherwise dark or featureless environment appears to move. It was first recorded by a Russian officer keeping watch who observed illusory movement of a star near the horizon. It presumably occurs because motion perception is always relative to some reference point. In darkness or in a featureless environment there is no reference point, so the movement of the single point is undefined. The direction of the movements does not appear to be correlated with the involuntary eye movements, but may be determined by errors between eye position and that specified by efference copy of the movement signals sent to the extraocular muscles....

...Alexander von Humboldt observed the phenomenon in 1799 while looking at stars with the naked eye, but thought it was a real movement of the stars. Thus he named them "Sternschwanken" i.e. "Swinging Stars". It was not until 1857 that G. Schweitzer (Schweitzer, 1857), an early German psychologist, discovered that it was a subjective phenomenon.

Wikipedia Article - Autokinetic Effect

...winked and changed colour?

This could be due to "scintillation", which is the twinkling effect the atmosphere can have on point light sources.

Scintillation

Arcturus scintillating:

Out-of-focus star scintillating:

edit on 1/9/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Looking at my last posts in my ritual morning "what did I post last night after those _____ " I wanted to clarify that I wasn't being a jerk on purpose... I am truly curious about what you think this "reality" is.

So...that's all... love your liminal efforts... when I can puzzle them out!

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Thank you.

I have heard of all of these but unfortunately these theories don't explain certain things myself and others have seen relating to STARS.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Thank you.

I have heard of all of these but unfortunately these theories don't explain certain things myself and others have seen relating to STARS.

Do you mean other than stars having the appearance of dancing, winking, and changing color?
If so, such as what?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
As far as I know ... The viewable (telescopes) distant of stars is 14 billion light years ... behind which it is assumed is the micro wave background from the so called Big Bang

So many of the stars we view would have long time transformed into black holes or white dwarfs or supernova creating more star birth

If there were only half the stars it would still be an impossible number to count
In other words there are plenty enough

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Some people see the colour change yet some do not despite looking at the same star at the same time.

As above but with the dancing.

Stars move out of position. One particular occasion we followed it and it led us to my friend's daughter who had been missing for 3 hours.

There is a small group of us who have studied the stars and saw things no one else can see or explain. My young daughter can easily see the things we do now. I think the stars choose you.

I won't be saying any more on here.

People who understand the true nature of the stars and our perceived universe will know what I mean.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Thanks for all the intrest in this thread so far. Soon i will try to give more detail to the questions posed but currently i am programmed to recieve.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

This can be discovered by a computer that is searching with the correct parameters.

The people that wrote the matrix aren't going to give the show away. The deceptive intent to hide the illusion is priority one. They would never allow software inside the Matrix that wakes everyone up. That call comes from outside…
The hack and removal of veils will come from the pathfinder, just have to follow the trail once the trail is blazed...

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Have you ever seen a star that has moved? Danced...

That could be the "autokinetic effect"

The autokinetic effect (also referred to as autokinesis) is a phenomenon of visual perception in which a stationary, small point of light in an otherwise dark or featureless environment appears to move. It was first recorded by a Russian officer keeping watch who observed illusory movement of a star near the horizon. It presumably occurs because motion perception is always relative to some reference point. In darkness or in a featureless environment there is no reference point, so the movement of the single point is undefined. The direction of the movements does not appear to be correlated with the involuntary eye movements, but may be determined by errors between eye position and that specified by efference copy of the movement signals sent to the extraocular muscles....

...Alexander von Humboldt observed the phenomenon in 1799 while looking at stars with the naked eye, but thought it was a real movement of the stars. Thus he named them "Sternschwanken" i.e. "Swinging Stars". It was not until 1857 that G. Schweitzer (Schweitzer, 1857), an early German psychologist, discovered that it was a subjective phenomenon.

Wikipedia Article - Autokinetic Effect

...winked and changed colour?

This could be due to "scintillation", which is the twinkling effect the atmosphere can have on point light sources.

Scintillation

Arcturus scintillating:

Out-of-focus star scintillating:

Twinkle Twinkle little bat, How I wonder where you are at, up above
below teetway ray disarray..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join