It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Artificially created Consciousness be copyrightable, patentable?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: yourmaker
Corporations are legally people are they not?

Sort of. I've never heard of a corporation being executed for killing somebody.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'll bet it'll run on Unix and so it's open source and should be copied freely. Unless Microsoft wins and then it would be all proprietary and inaccessible.

However, it'll be like a parent/child relationship, the parents would be those who programmed the AI and it would then be cloned. So can parents sell their 'stuff' and allow it to be used for cloning so other people might have the same children? Right now people can donate for artificial insemination, if it were technologically possible it might just as well be a single cell which would be copied and I don't see why that would be against the law. But it would be up to the donating party and ofcourse what the law prescribes.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

Cloning AI could become like uploading Apps to windows stores for users to download. The world could be a lot different again in 100 years. Need an instant friend download a friend AI onto you phone and you phone becomes a living entity, by that time im sure a phone will have mechanical arms and legs so the things walking around on your table chatting to you.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join