It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those Who Watch & Love The Ancient Aliens TV Show What Do You Love About The Show?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I liked that it regurgitated a bunch of information I already knew from reading those stupid things known as books.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Apparently, they loved being conned. It's amazing, but some people do.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

I would love to see a show on the antediluvian world from the biblical point of view, garnished with cutting edge science. There are a lot of scientific implications made by the biblical flood account, and I believe man, plants, animals and the earth were all very different in that age. There is no doubt in my mind that man's history is riddled with influence from outside beings. I believe they are fallen angels and my personal encounters with them indicate that they are far more than extra-terrestrial....they are extra-dimensional.

Very different in what age? There was no world-wide flood. There would be evidence in the geologic record (as there is of all floods) and there isn't any.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

I think you're mixing this up with the "God Is Real..." thread.

Try reading a book that hasn't been translated & rewritten a billion times. Hell, maybe just watch ancient aliens.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

Try reading a book that hasn't been translated & rewritten a billion times. Hell, maybe just watch ancient aliens.

Better yet, why don't you cite the testable evidence proving that "ancient aliens" visited earth. I so look forward to seeing this testable evidence. I'm licking my chops.

No, don't post a bunch of links and expect me to plow through drivel. I want the actual, testable evidence. I haven't seen any on "Ancient Aliens".
edit on 6-1-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
I find it interesting people are willing to accept the concept of God with no concrete proof while dismissing ancient aliens for lack of evidence.

when you said

* - Why do cultures have documented history of beings coming from space and landing on earth?

So, why are oral traditions and cave paintings which could be depicting anything somehow "documented history" of aliens, while religious paintings, oral traditions, AND written records of god not considered equally adequate to you? Bias?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Please stay on target with the op, we can always have mods remove off topic posts.

The topic of the thread is what you like about the show.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya

originally posted by: Xcathdra
I find it interesting people are willing to accept the concept of God with no concrete proof while dismissing ancient aliens for lack of evidence.

when you said

* - Why do cultures have documented history of beings coming from space and landing on earth?

So, why are oral traditions and cave paintings which could be depicting anything somehow "documented history" of aliens, while religious paintings, oral traditions, AND written records of god not considered equally adequate to you? Bias?

I don't see any actual testable evidence for either.

I do find the show entertaining in that it makes such over-the-top claims that you have to wonder whether the producers aren't betting behind the scenes about whose crackpot idea will get the most audience response.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
So then you agree with the point I was making.

That video you posted of some koynd of skoy was #ing hilarious!!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I liked it better before someone, I believe it was SkepticOverlord, brought this to my attention,

I still watch it, just with the sound off.

BTW Thanks again SO.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Ye its a good show in that it gives you a new perspective, and then you use that perspective with the main stream stuff and a little bit from here and a little bit from there and then you get a better perspective on it all.

If your new to ancient civilisations, it will blow your mind when they show the size of blocks that have been moved, the skill that the Egyptions supposedly carved those huge faces, the brickwork in some of those walls especially by the mayans and on and on.

Just listen to it, and take it in and make your own mind up.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I used to really enjoy it when it first came on, but as the seasons have progressed, it seems like they're reaching ever more into the abyss of stupidity with some of the things they pull out of their collective arse and plaster on to the screen. Go back to season one, and it was some interesting stuff, even if implausible and sometimes incorrect.

But for the series as a whole, I just like that it can bring to the mind that "what-if" factor that many people in modern society lack. It brings imagination back to life, and even if one small aspect of the show ends up being correct, that will have major implications on many things held dear in society, like religious beliefs and the chronology of human history. It also reminds us that the accepted, mainstream interpretation of artifacts may not always be correct or accurate.
edit on 6-1-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I love how the disscredited them selves by putting a square on the rocks a puma puko (lol forgot how to spell it). The rocks are not perfect right angles because you can see how the square does not sit perfectly on the edge.

I was a fan of the sho until the aired that episode. I am not the only person who noticed that lie.
edit on 44115p24406 by snypwsd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

Better yet, why don't you cite the testable evidence proving that "ancient aliens" visited earth. I so look forward to seeing this testable evidence. I'm licking my chops.

No, don't post a bunch of links and expect me to plow through drivel. I want the actual, testable evidence. I haven't seen any on "Ancient Aliens".

This is how I feel about all "science" & theories. Presume everything, Believe nothing.

Don't worry, I've never been one that cared much for link either. Like I said, books, man, books.
Chariot of the gods, Forbidden archaeology come to mind. Much of my reading has been on ancient civilizations, & esoteric matters. One of my fave books was about the destruction of books throughout time.

So much knowledge has been lost.
I've never understood why anyone takes anything so seriously, or cares whether something may or may not be true. Our existence is a sham & the day to day slave life we all live in aint gonna change.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

This is how I feel about all "science" & theories. Presume everything, Believe nothing.

Don't worry, I've never been one that cared much for link either. Like I said, books, man, books.
Chariot of the gods, Forbidden archaeology come to mind. Much of my reading has been on ancient civilizations, & esoteric matters. One of my fave books was about the destruction of books throughout time.

So much knowledge has been lost.
I've never understood why anyone takes anything so seriously, or cares whether something may or may not be true. Our existence is a sham & the day to day slave life we all live in aint gonna change.

"Chariot of the Gods" was written by someone who was a convicted con artist. HIs claims were laughed at by scholars in the field. If the people who watch "Ancient Astronauts" would bother to do some research about the outrageous claims made on that show, they'd realize that the claims don't hold up to scrutiny. I watch it occasionally for pure entertainment.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I love that they talk about how aliens or supernatural forces were part of our society in days of old.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I notice this thread doesnt show up on recent posts. . . . . .

Oh well I liked thier time travel episode alot, good stuff.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
I notice this thread doesnt show up on recent posts. . . . . .

Oh well I liked thier time travel episode alot, good stuff.

Click the smiley face section of Recent to see this

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Time travel is just an interesting topic!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Use to love the show, use to be my favorite show but the last 2 seasons I think... It's the same stuff, nothing new, too many claims not enough proof anymore.. use to show places, statues, figurines. Etc... Now the same old stuff, I hoped so much their leonardo da Vinci and cover up episodes would.be amazing but...nope, now I just don't care... But so glad they made a new show to replace it as my favorite show... Hangar 1, oh and Lost History so... I'm ok now with those 2 shows
So anyways, Ancient Aliens was my favorite.. now it sucks, don't care to watch it anymore

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join