It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any advice on good documentaries on netflix to watch?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I'm in the UK but accidentally installed unlocator and now netflix thinks I'm in th USA so I have a lot more choice than before.

Any good documentaries on there, topic unimportant just anything that will give me some much needed input.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I can't remember the names, but there are a couple of good ones on Steve Jobs, I found them pretty interesting.

Also, Anthony Bourdaine (sp) Destination Unknown... those are good.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Thanks, I have seen the Anthony Bourdaine ones and enough steve jobs stuff already,

I'm watching chariots of the gods again to see what made me believe it all those years ago until I find something better!
a reply to: elevatedone

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I enjoyed 'Genghis Blues.' It's about a blind musician traveling to Tuva to compete in a throat singing competition.
Spoiler alert...he smashes.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I see that you're in England.... but if interested there are some neat one's about abandoned places in the U.S.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

"Zeitgeist: The Movie" is a pretty interesting documentary that offers alternative perspectives on religion and other issues in the world. It was made in 2007 but still provides some thought-provoking ideas.

As a pharmacy student, I personally enjoyed "'___': The Spirit Molecule," "Breaking the Taboo," and "Neurons to Nirvana" as the 1st and 3rd offer a unique perspective on illicit drugs as possible remedies for different psychological disorders and the 2nd describes the cons of the ongoing War on Drugs.

A lot of thought-provoking documentaries under the Critically-acclaimed and Political categories as well

Just noticed how many documentaries I've watched by the way O.o

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'm more than happy to watch US based ones as I already have a pretty good idea about life and history in England.

One of my guilty pleasures is trash american tv shows but was looking for something with a bit of meat on the bone.

a reply to: elevatedone

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Find this documentary: Oliver Stone's Untold History of the United States

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Pirates of silicon valley.
Very good.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I've seen a lot myself, Zeitghiest included along with most of the otherones you mentioned but at least you get where I'm coming from!

a reply to: KoMPLeX

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I know of a few video game documentaries..

"Indie Game: The Movie" was pretty good if you have an interest in the tribulation of independent game makers.

"Minecraft: The Story of Mojang" is another good game documentary, but sadly is not on Netflix. However, "Video Games: The Movie" is on Netflix and was not terribly bad.

"King of Kong" was probably the best game documentary I've seen and it is available on Netflix.

link   
If your up for some hard stuff, watch 'Sick: The Life and Death of Bob Flanagan.'
It will leave a mark. Not for the squeamish.

link   
Netflix sux..........Niel Degrasse Tyson has a lecture though cosmos or something like that.....

link   
Not available right now but I bookmarked it, cheers.

a reply to: TheComte

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Also not available but also noted

a reply to: mockingmay

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I refuse to pay for a tv licence and sattelite tv so netflix is my only real option right now.

I think I have watched every single Universe/space type documentary ever made now.

a reply to: stirling

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Most everything is available online. Check out how to use torrents to download stuff. You won't need to rely on Netflix.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I honestly check out Netflix once a month for something new or interesting....that's about all it TAKES TO KEEP UP ON IT....AN EVENING A MONTH.....CRAP UNADULTERATED CRAP.....

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Kumare
Virunga
Resurrect Dead: The Mystery of the Toynbee Tiles

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Well firstly that sir would be against the law, shame on you.

Also My isp has gone on a monster ban on most sites and proxys keep causing me problems.

a reply to: TheComte

top topics

<<   2 >>

join