It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deleting IE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Is there any way I can totally get rid of IE without it messign up my computer. Some programs use it when they go on the internet and I get 100's of pop ups. i just wanna make it go bye bye. Thanks for the help in advance.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
Is there any way I can totally get rid of IE without it messign up my computer. Some programs use it when they go on the internet and I get 100's of pop ups. i just wanna make it go bye bye. Thanks for the help in advance.

What OS do you have? If it is XP...you may have to leave IE and just install another browser, and not use IE at all.

Here is some info.

www.annoyances.org...

There are more do a google search
remove IE (name of your OS)

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
If you have another browser set as your default broswer, then IE should never launch unless you tell it to....

I'd leave on there just to be safe....Not to mention when you need to make an upgrade on your Microsoft components, it won't recognize or run out of just any other browser...I've had to quit FireFox and launch IE before just to get my Windows Updates....

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Nope...impossible to TOTALLY get rid of IE. Its to integrated into Windows. You can set another browser, say FireFox, as your default browser, then any programs that open websites should open in FireFox.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Nope, i used to have the same problem all i do now is go on aol and do everything what i could do on IE without the popups and faster access to sites i wouldnt waist my time with IE i would just go with netzero or netscape or aol one of those good companies stick with aol or something that wont work like IE does.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMan
i would just go with.....netscape or aol one of those good companies stick with aol or something

NutScrape!!! AOHell!!! They may not be as deeply integrated as IE, but they still ad TONS of # and are bloated as hell.

NutScrape (the Browser) was actually a bit DECENT before AOHell bought, then it got hugely overbloated and would add about 5 icons to your Desktop trying to get you to get AOL.

BTW...NutScrape and AOHell are actually the same ISP.

[edit on 14-12-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

i would just go with.....netscape or aol one of those good companies stick with aol or something

NutScrape!!! AOHell!!! They may not be as deeply integrated as IE, but they still ad TONS of # and are bloated as hell.

NutScrape (the Browser) was actually a bit DECENT before AOHell bought, then it got hugely overbloated and would add about 5 icons to your Desktop trying to get you to get AOL.

BTW...NutScrape and AOHell are actually the same ISP.

[edit on 14-12-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

Well i havnt had any new icons added no pop ups and i have no urge to delete it, thats my way to go im just saying that aol is better then IE, maybe your comp isnt one of the new ones out (mine is) and it works fine for me i dont have such a problem with aol as you do.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Nope, i used to have the same problem all i do now is go on aol and do everything what i could do on IE without the popups and faster access to sites i wouldnt waist my time with IE i would just go with netzero or netscape or aol one of those good companies stick with aol or something that wont work like IE does.

Aol is the devil. DEVIL Internet. They are evil. The only thign there free trail cd's are good is being coasters!! AOL is horrible even if you're are using a new computer. Come to the light side and get rid of AOhelL. Oh and I use xp. Sigh I'll never get rid of it.

[edit on 14-12-2004 by cpr12r]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I agree with the cds they make good bb gun targets but aol itself has been a good Isp for me, anythings better then IE, im also running XP

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   

If you have another browser set as your default broswer, then IE should never launch unless you tell it to....

I'd leave on there just to be safe....Not to mention when you need to make an upgrade on your Microsoft components, it won't recognize or run out of just any other browser...I've had to quit FireFox and launch IE before just to get my Windows Updates....

I'd agree with the above...

new topics

top topics

join