It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The secret program to hide a secret program, as told by an F-14 RIO.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: boomer135
He's not gonna concede so let's just move on

---

Im just one of those stubborn old bastards :-D

Its kinda hard to concede when you want to see
Something succeed so badly...so as a technical discussion, there is no real point to continue my part of the thread...since it is mostly a crapshoot in terms of my image being "real" or not.

In conclusion...i just have to say i don't know either way....but if i get more info I will share it with ATS.

So GO SEAHAWKS ... And MAY the secret flying
triangles or that ultra fast long pointy recon craft
based in Uzbhekistan FINALLY come out of the woodworks !!!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
While in the Navy I was at the Nevada Test site for a national joint exercise. As a driver I and another sailor was tasked with the mission of taking a van load of civilians to the Las Vegas airport for their transit home.We were allowed to spend the day in Las Vegas with midnight being our liberty end time.it is called Cinderella liberty. We were headed north back to the test site at about 11:30 when we passed Indian Springs and the air field there. looking down at the base in the darkness we could see illuminated light plants . The area showed multiple strange looking aircraft being prepared for flight. They were F-117 aircraft and it was April 1983..
edit on 20-1-2015 by blindedbybelief because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: blindedbybelief

You're a lucky man, not many people knew these planes existed in 83, never mind saw one lit up!

Are you sure it was Indian Springs and not Tonopah? Think they were moved from Groom to TTR in 83.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

----

This question is for Boomer135 to ask if you're familiar
with the call sign "Sienna" (Feb 2014) and if it's the one
with the facted UNDERBODY similar in shape to the
OLD 1978 F117a predecessor "Have Blue" except
where the back end of the craft is almost flat?

See Have Blue underbody link:

upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: StargateSG7

You sure is not Sierra?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

Nope...its absolutely "Sienna" with the two "n"-s

from what I understand "Sienna" is what is called an UGLY BIRD !

i.e. looks like a beached whale that flies!

Isn't Sierra a call sign used mostly by Gulfstream or Bombardier-like
officer/executive/business transport jets? Usually with a 4 digit moniker?

i.e. Sierra-4147

...or....

is it a KC-10 tanker/refueler - from Travis or Edwards AFB (445th or 370th squadrons)?

aka Sierra-99 Black Ops tanker?

Nobody Kicks Ass Without Tanker Gas...Nobody!

On a secondary note, is there any craft you've seen that has a faceted bottom?

or is a long pointy Stilleto-lke creature...
edit on 2015/1/21 by StargateSG7 because: sp

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Yeah its a kc10. And no

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I was just wondering, could it be what is going on currently with the F-117 still flying and being quite active since more than a year. They have been spotted in Miramar with new paints and they seem to go out of the ranges more often.
So being that visible but still shy could this be used as a cover in some ways ? Like « yeah focus on the F-117 and not the rest » so if you see something not usual you can be told « it was probably a nighthawk ». Like to draw away attention ?
Maybe it is a completely dumb assumption but I wanted to share it.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghoul

The F-117s are playing aggressor to develop counter stealth tactics. They fly against the Navy and support Red Flag.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Yes i know, but since they’re « shy » and there’s no official communication about them. I was just wondering if this role that now play the F-117 could also be used as a covert for other programs. Like it was the case with constant peg before.
I just think that would be funny, like constant peg that at some point covered the F-117 program, and now the F-117 covering other stuffs. I just like the idea even tho that’s probably not the case lol.

By the way on a complete different note, this F-14 RIO that wrote this article now have a youtube channel if some of you are interested. Simply called « Ward Caroll »

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 04:55 AM
link   
The F117 is "OLD" Stealth now so fits into the Aggressor teams nicely..They may update the avionics or add pods/sensors to test but the tech has evolved into better shapes and ways to build aircraft have changed..

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghoul

They're technically not Air Force anymore, so the Air Force isn't going to say anything about them. And Lockheed doesn't talk about much. If they're cover for anything, it's something they're testing, such as possible new systems to be used in future stealth aircraft. They're not seen enough to really be cover for much.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Sled Driver.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy
I remember a story once, sr71 pilots. Ah yes here it is...

“ASPEN 20” – SR-71 – Groundspeed Check

Author: Unknown
Source: Leslie

There were a lot of things we couldn't do in an SR-71 Blackbird (The Air Force/NASA super fast, highest flying reconnaissance jet, nicknamed, "The Sled"), but we were the fastest guys on the block and loved reminding our fellow aviators of this fact. People often asked us if, because of this fact, it was fun to fly the jet. Fun would not be the first word I would use to describe flying this plane - intense, maybe, even cerebral. But there was one day in our Sled experience when we would have to say that it was pure fun to be the fastest guys out there, at least for a moment.

What a great story! thanks for sharing

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join