It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donna Douglas, 'Beverly Hillbillies' Star, Is Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

NEW YORK — Donna Douglas, who played the buxom tomboy Elly May Clampett on the hit 1960s sitcom "The Beverly Hillbillies," has died.

Douglas died Thursday in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, near her hometown of Zachary. The cause of death was pancreatic cancer, said her niece, Charlene Smith. Douglas was 82.

ABC news

For some reason I was greatly saddened by this. I suppose it made me realize just how old I am getting. Everyone that brought me pleasure when I was young are dying. Robin Williams, Joe Cocker, Donna Douglas. My world seems to be crumbling around me.

RIP, Donna Douglas.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

Remember newspapers? It was said that first, you turn straight to the funnies. Then later you focus on the news. Finally, you turn straight to the obituary page.

You know you're getting older when you pay closer attention to who's dying, and can't believe they were that old.

I was never a fan of that show, but......my condolences.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Taupin Desciple

I suppose you're right. I stopped reading the obituaries when people my age and younger started showing up. Now I'm back to just reading the funnies.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Pne of my first crushes I was as a kid.
Rip.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I guess I had a bit of a crush on her, too. She was the main reason I watched the show.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Who didn't have a crush on Elly May?

It was my only reason for watching the show.

Cute as a little pie in them tight jeans with string for a belt.

Surprising, must have been in her 30s when she did that.

RIP

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Never heared of her and never seen her... maybe because I am dutch. However... she made me curious to watch an episode of the Beverly Hillbillies. Did google her tho... and must have been some real hottie in her days.

Rest in peace Donna.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Thanks for the entertainment.

top topics

join