It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Years Revelations, Revolutions, Renovations, or Resolutions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Pick any one. What is your project?

I'm going to get my basement more organized and the exercise equipment dusted off this week.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I was looking at our Bowflex. It has a lot of places to hang plastic coat hangers on it. I could bring it into the diningroom next to the wood cookstove and it would make a good accessory for my imperial noodle maker. The noodles on the hangers would dry in an hour.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I also need to get more organized in my basement,my kitchen cabinets,
garage and closets.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I am looking at my old treadmill now and it is covered with
boxes and a layer of dust.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I'm seriously thinking about moving to Panama.I need steady weather for my arthritis and they use US dollars. Your money goes further there too. I just hope to find a place that I can afford.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I've always made small resolutions because I never really complete the big ones so this year I've decided after having the worst year of my life, having to fight for my job, having to deal with family rubbish and dealing with a few personal issues, that I'm gonna make this year MY year. The Year of Danny. I'm gonna put myself and my own happiness before everyone and anyone else. I'm gonna make sure that the next 365 days will be my time and make sure that I'm happy.

I know it sounds like its just another rambling but I promise if you know some of the hell I've been through this year, as long as I don't get bogged down by being concerned with how people see me, than it will be a huge improvement. I've spent the last year dealing with rubbish and making sure that everyone else have what they need and help them dealing with their own issues and my happiness has taken a step back but this year I will do my best to make sure I'm as selfish as I can be (without being too evil).

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Danny85

If you split the two right in half, making sure you are happy then using the extra time to help others it is best. Other wise you become a slave to others obsessions and depression. If they see you enjoying life a little while helping them a little, they may change their attitude. Other wise you reinforce their negativity that drives their downward spiral. They want to have others suffer like themselves so they can have something in common with others. I see whole families driven by this type of depression. Number one is to take care of yourself, your increased happiness may convince others to follow suit and get up and get going.

I am in no way promoting you to abandon your responsibilities. You just have to identify what is really your responsibility. Reinforcing someones negative outlook towards life is not good, joining them in this path is also not good.

I had a minister working for me building homes and I told another worker not to swear too much in front of him. My worker laughed when I told him he was a minister, so I confronted the minister who was a very nice guy about it. He was always cheerful. My other worker asked him why he never said he was a minister and Bill told him that you do not have to tell anyone you believe in god, when they see the tranquility in you they ask and wonder what is the reason. My other worker did not get religious that day but did learn about where Bill's great personality came from. It came from inner peace which he had obtained from being friendly to others. I paid Bill the same as I paid the other employees, he worked just as hard.

After that day my other employee did change a little, and he had a lot of respect for Bill. But he never acheived the tranquility because he was stuck in a rut that he had put himself into. Bill made sure he was happy to make others happy. When he comes into the room, people can sense he is a good person. He smiles as much as a person with Angelman syndrome but it is not a disease that fuels his mood.

I hope this helps guide you, you can not help others if you are in a depressed mood, you need to be able to shine to boost their mood and help them from being dragged into the abiss. You do not need religion to be this way either, you just have to want to be happy, no matter what the situation. I rarely see Bill's enlightenment in people who go to church, he is one in a million. I finally have the time to understand what he told us, I was too busy to comprehend it totally before. I put myself on the wrong path before, I am trying to find the path I should be on.

I do not need religion to succeed, but I do need to believe there is something out there that is structuring things.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Thanks for the advice, I don't really have many responsibilities, I don't have children, I don't mind them and have a large family but have no children of my own. I have a job and obviously have bills to pay but other than that nothing much, so you'd think I led an easy life but with a large family I've always made myself available to watch nieces and nephews so that my brothers and or sisters can go out and never really went out myself and the same goes at work, I've always argued my point but most of the time been a yes man, but over the last few weeks I'd reached the point of no return and just thought 'It's time I become the center of my world'.

But Yeah thanks for the advice and have a great New Year.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

If you are a yes man, say yes to yourself sometimes. If your sisters and brothers want to go out, they can get a sitter. It's nice to spend time with their kids some times, but not all the time. It appears they are taking your good nature for granted. Talk to them about it, don't start avoiding them. Communication is very important within a family. Hopefully they will understand, you do not have to let it get to you and get mad to talk to them.

I know though that what I am saying sometimes does not work in some families, everyone is different. But maybe trying before causing alienation is the best way to go.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

It's strange, or is it. Talk about something here and it appears as a subject elsewhere right after. www.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

join