It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now Britain is facing ANOTHER demand from EU... for £34bn

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
New EU demand

According to the European Court of Auditors, David Cameron will be legally obliged to make up a share of the EU’s £259billion shortfall by the end of the decade. It means the Treasury will have to stump up around £33.7billion, calculated at the usual rate of Britain’s EU contributions

WTF?

A year ago I was pro EU.

I don't even care about immigration.

But over the last year I see more and more petty regulation, more fee, more bills and for what? I see F all in benefit.

The EU has become a joke.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
S1qomething does not seem quite rigt in all of this.

Anti EU felling is running high in the UK right now yet we keep getting into situations that give more fuel to the fire.

It's almost like when you want to break up with someone but don't want to look like the bad guy so you act like a dick until they knck you out?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The eu was a bad idea to begin with. Strong countries like yours will be obligated to prop up weak countries. That means you get to pay for everything. I wish you luck.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
If our own country was in a position to afford it then I would have no problem, I as most people in the UK are more than happy to help out any chap who is in need.

Unfortunatly this is not the case right now and I do not see it happening anytime soon.

I read an article the other day that stated we were about to overtake France and become the worlds 5th largest economy.

Given the state of things it must be about time to stop associating GDP with prosperity and re evaluate the whole system.

a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Britain should give eu the raspberry and the boot rather than pay the corrupt bastards in brussels .. never understood why britain got involved with that pack of theives ..

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I agree with helping people, it's a noble thing to do.
Unfortunately putting yourself in the poor house by helping others in the poor house will help nobody in the long haul.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
The eu was a bad idea to begin with. Strong countries like yours will be obligated to prop up weak countries.

Its a good idea in principle. Transferring wealth to the poorer nations decreases poverty and increases security. We all feel safer. The whole idea of the EU is too prevent Europe having another civil war.

The UK has a problem grasping the importance of security in Europe because it was not invaded by Germany, so it can only look at the EU from a "what am I getting out of it" point of view. Rather than treating other member states as equal partners in a European Union.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Gord! When will you people ever listen. Firstly, Nonspecific. How has the UK gotten to be the worlds 5th largest economy. Let me think! We are STILL in the EU yet you say the EU is dragging us down. That's called warped logic that is. Now what's the saying I'm looking for "If you ain't in the game you can't win". Don't you get it yet? The conservatives want us out of the EU not because it is bad for the population but that it's really bad for them and as I mentioned in your other EU bashing post the majority of the EU members for Britain want us out also. So that begs the question ,how can they be in Brussels fighting for us to get what we deserve when they are actively working to get us out of the EU? ALL people in the EU are equal and should get all benefits equally yet our government consistently refuses to give us, or even fight for the benefits that all other EU people are getting. As I said in my other post the thing that hits everyone(Well all working class people) is the extortional amount of taxes we pay in the UK compared to the rest of the EU. Think tax on cigarettes and booze around 50% of the purchase price in Britain compared to the EU.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Firstly can you post a link to my other Eu bashing please I get a little over exited sometimes and do not always remember what I said.

Secondly taxes in the UK as far as I am aware are not set by the EU and given that we have to fund less well off nations and Cigarettes and alcohol are not only detrimental to health but non essential items is this tax really that much of an issue?

Thirdly and please take this in the way that it is intended. Could you break your posts up into paragraphs if responding to me please? I only ask because I struggle to seperate your points in such a wall of text and it makes it hard to formulate a reply.

a reply to: crayzeed

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
. .. never understood why britain got involved with that pack of theives ..

Fear.
Their Iron Lady opposed Germany to ever be reunited... those after her contented themselves with chaining us (and them with us) to the EU.
Now we're all stuck with it. Good job.

a reply to: crazyewok

So when can we expect you Britons to end this charade?
We would, but sadly it is *verboten* for us to start...

Happy new year everybody!!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
How much money does the EU give back to Britain. ? I'm sure it will balance itself out over time.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ispyed

The eu was a bad idea to begin with. Strong countries like yours will be obligated to prop up weak countries.

Its a good idea in principle. Transferring wealth to the poorer nations decreases poverty and increases security. We all feel safer. The whole idea of the EU is too prevent Europe having another civil war.

The UK has a problem grasping the importance of security in Europe because it was not invaded by Germany, so it can only look at the EU from a "what am I getting out of it" point of view. Rather than treating other member states as equal partners in a European Union.

The only thing stopping the uk from getting invaded by German was a few miles of water. The same few miles the allies crossed to take back Europe. I believe they fully understand the security of Europe.
It's very easy to have a "whats in it for me attitude" when you are expected to do more than many others.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

The only thing stopping the uk from getting invaded by German was a few miles of water. The same few miles the allies crossed to take back Europe. I believe they fully understand the security of Europe.
It's very easy to have a "whats in it for me attitude" when you are expected to do more than many others.

What really stopped Nazi-Germany from invading the UK flew a few thousand Meters above sea level (According to my Grandfather)... but let's talk about that "whats in it for me attitude", and let us call it what it is:
hard work, successful economic policies, maintaining top-notch production infrastructure and a qualified workforce.

THAT is how you earn your place to pay for everybody else in the EU.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed

ALL people in the EU are equal and should get all benefits equally yet our government consistently refuses to give us, or even fight for the benefits that all other EU people are getting.

LOL!!... Trouble is some are more equal than others

As I said in my other post the thing that hits everyone(Well all working class people) is the extortional amount of taxes we pay in the UK compared to the rest of the EU. Think tax on cigarettes and booze around 50% of the purchase price in Britain compared to the EU.

Hardly a necessity of life ..... Neither being good for you and

probably going a long way toward health problems, and therefor a

drain on the NHS?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ispyed

WHY?? Help by all means .... we do already, I remember reading

somewhere that the UK did more than any other country in

charitable work. A small country like the UK cannot prop up all

poorer countries indefinitely.

Its a good idea in principle. Transferring wealth to the poorer nations decreases poverty and increases security.

It might decrease poverty, but it also makes them dependent,

Helping them to be self sufficient would be a better solution

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The EU is a good idea

How it's run is not

Small steps

This is a big step to far, the UK should not be punished for doing so well, the UK at the moment is the fastest growing developed country in the world and the EU need them more than ever

Luckily for the EU Cameron is pro United States of Europe

If the EU could work... It would dwarf the US and China

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightUpTheDark
If the EU could work... It would dwarf the US and China

In what?
Freedom?
Political representation of the people's interests?
The right to self-determination?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Manipulation and control of a large landmass for the benifit of a small percentage of the population?

a reply to: ColCurious

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

But if your MEP is not going to fight to get us equal rights you'll never know.

I thought the cigarette and alcohol tax would be an easier explanation as to show we are paying more in tax than the other EU nations.

How about greatly reduced purchase tax on buying new vehicles. Why do you think people were going to Holland to buy new cars?

Let me give you a better example. My brothers lived in Spain for a number of years and found out that the Spanish pensioners (other EU pensioners as well if they claimed residencia, ie. became permanent Spanish residents) have a weeks free holiday and 50% off all internal travel, example if they lived on the Canary Islands they had 50% off flights to mainland Spain. All paid for with EU money. Now why don't you get on to your MEP for THAT same privileged.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LightUpTheDark

Very true. Just have a look at the overall picture. People cringe and shake when any body mentions the NWO but it's too late it's already here. Bank might have British names but make no mistake ALL banks are globally controlled. Industries now are globally controlled. Just what is left for you to fight for when they control your money and your employment or to put it more succinctly your whole life.
To fight these multi nationals you HAVE to be multi national yourselves. Reverting back to national boundaries only helps them in their control.
One prime example that people don't seem to correlate with them is the movement of cheap labour about the world. People just bleat on about immigrants and how they are taking our benefits and don't see the real picture of controlling the indigenous workforce.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join