It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola: from bats to bees?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I just finished reading the article “Bat-Filled Tree May Have Been Source of Current Ebola Outbreak” by Laura Geggel www.livescience.com... on Patient Zero. Here, she postulates that a tree, that housed both fruit and insect eating bats, contaminated a child (pt. Zero) with Ebola.

It has been proven that insects (wwwnc.cdc.gov... ) [ and plants, “Thirteen plants either wilted or developed lesions on the leaves ascribed to mechanical injury during the inoculation process, but no infectivity could be recovered from the tissues, and no evidence of virus infection was observed by electron microscopy” wwwnc.cdc.gov... ] provide a vector in transmission. This makes me wonder if the Biological Labs at Los Alamos have engaged in studying or manipulating Ebola. Their vast studies would be very interesting, in the least. The thought of inscets spreading Ebola lead me to wonder if the Varroa mite ( Varroa destructor) that kills the honey bees, would become the new vector in the spread of Ebola. The research article “Parasitic Mites of Honey Bees” from the worlds most renown engineering, and agricultural school, Purdue University, detail this insidious infestation extension.entm.purdue.edu... . So what if, Ebola was introduced into these mites, that infected the honey bees, that pollinate the flowers, vegetables, and fruit trees around the planet?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
At that point game set and match w/o honey bees were in trouble a reply to: Violater1

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Uhmm, I do not believe the virus could not be transmitted in such ways as was stated in the article.

This stuff has been around since the 70"s as far as they know.

Take a look at this paper written on the history of it..

Ebola virus disease (EVD) is a complex zoonosis that is highly virulent in humans. The largest recorded outbreak of EVD is ongoing in West Africa, outside of its previously reported and predicted niche. We assembled location data on all recorded zoonotic transmission to humans and Ebola virus infection in bats and primates (1976–2014). Using species distribution models, these occurrence data were paired with environmental covariates to predict a zoonotic transmission niche covering 22 countries across Central and West Africa. Vegetation, elevation, temperature, evapotranspiration, and suspected reservoir bat distributions define this relationship. At-risk areas are inhabited by 22 million people; however, the rarity of human outbreaks emphasises the very low probability of transmission to humans. Increasing population sizes and international connectivity by air since the first detection of EVD in 1976 suggest that the dynamics of human-to-human secondary transmission in contemporary outbreaks will be very different to those of the past. - See more at: elifesciences.org...

elifesciences.org...

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: oldworldbeliever

I appreciate this. Ebola has been around for a while but with the recent media exposure more folks know about it. It's high profile doesn't make Ebola a pandemic, it makes the fear of Ebola a pandemic.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldworldbeliever
Uhmm, I do not believe the virus could not be transmitted in such ways as was stated in the article.

I'm not sure which article you are referring to. However, if it is the one regarding the CDC, they have been known to be dishonest before.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldworldbeliever

I can appreciate and understand your doubt regarding the truthfulness of the CDC. However, this engineered virus (IMHO) is so complex, that it has the ability to infect many different types of hosts.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

There's an investigative documentary by filmmaker Dan Edge on the BBC tonight in which he visits the suspect tree and speaks to the villagers involved , here's a preview trailer.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Violater1

There's an investigative documentary by filmmaker Dan Edge on the BBC tonight in which he visits the suspect tree and speaks to the villagers involved , here's a preview trailer.

Thanks Gortex. I have also read about another person in the US that has become infected.

(post by ebolaman removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

join