It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Case Numbers Top 20,000, Deaths Approach 8,000: WHO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Ebola hasn't much been a hot topic in the media as of lately, but none the less it's still running rampant.

Back in September of this year the WHO reported that if necessary precautions and medical aid does not reach the infected zones, and if something isn't done to curtail the outbreak, some 20,000 people may become infected.

Also to note at the time there was approximately 3,000 deaths and roughly 6,500 people infected.

Source / Alternative source

A new study by the World Health Organization released on Tuesday warned of 20,000 Ebola cases worldwide in just over a month’s time if authorities failed to ramp up efforts to combat the growing epidemic.

Well, here we are about 3 months later and it appears that the outbreak has significantly increased and the death toll more than doubled.

Source / Alternative source

GENEVA (Reuters) - The number of people infected by Ebola in the three countries worst affected by the outbreak has passed 20,000, with more than 7,842 deaths in the epidemic so far, the World Health Organization said on Monday

edit on 29-12-2014 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

There are large disparities in road traffic death rates between regions. The risk of dying as a result of a road traffic injury is highest in the African Region (24.1 per 100 000 population), and lowest in the European Region (10.3 per 100 000)

wiki

Apparently the wiki sources were from the WHO alot more people die in the African region most associated with ebola from car accidents, it seems ignorant people die all the time over there. Perhaps we as a race should help educate them and get them equipped with better tech instead of using them as a reason to scare the world, they are our equals and brothers and sisters. I hate media propaganda and spin. We should do more to help them but I'm not in charge.
edit on 29-12-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Wow...it's still around. I thought they were doing trials to test for a cure.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I thought the US would be exploiting the ruins of West Africa by now. You know, all the stuff left behind. Of course they'd have to find people to work there....

top topics

join