It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money can buy happiness

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
You describe the west like if it was still the 1980's. The west has changed. CHANGED! Wall street and mega corporations within the 1% own over 30% of all the wealth, ships jobs overseas, are trying to get rid of social security for disabled people, trying to take down universal health care, and criminalize smart people with laboratories and chemistry equipment. Then you have a school system that's flawed, lacks respect, and replaces good principals with bad ones. Then you have the disarmament of citizens, increasing dual racism(racism against all black, all hispanics, all scientist, and all cops, regardless of goodness or character) and then YOU come here with this technology bullcrap when people can get upgraded with non-toxic chemicals used occasionally and responsibly. Also demonizing and criminalizing E, prolintane, nootropics(non-toxic smart drugs), DMAA(physical performance enhancer) and GHB when they are far less tox.ic than alcohol and tobacco. On top of that, you get mutant food because of genetic modification producing certain mutated strains of proteins that our guts can't digest. Then they don't want to fund stem cell research or organ cloning or cold fusion, the cure for blood cancer, or nuclear energy. www.bbc.co.uk...
The creation of new ultra-heavy elements of the periodic table of elements may provide the means for near indestructability(high resistance to physical attack) and other superpowers.
The creation of "smart metal" would allow sex robots to be possible. gajitz.com...
As long as there are no brain chips in our brains, we're fine. The brain has the processing capacity of over 1,000 supercomputers. It's just a matter of unlocking it. Don't underestimate your brain.
We could get cyborgs and androids, but the smoothest transition is to somehow have a gynoid robot chick have ovaries, a uterus, and vagina, then reproduce with the robot and have robot/human hybrid children.
The movie limitless shows a possibility of overclocking our brains, though like the movie, the molecule NZT-48 has to be remodified into NZT-49. Interesting enough, 2C-D at sub-psychedelic doses increases memory and problem solving skills. The results are gradual at first, then become exponential, and with long term potentiation. 2C-I at sub-psychedelic doses increases thought processing speed, energy, and motivation. 2C-C at sub-psychedelic doses is a safe anti-anxiety. Too bad government and Rob Portman ignores science and makes it illegal. Fluorenol is a powerful wakefulness enhancer. Phenylpiracetam hydrazide is sain to give a person energy and large amounts of concentration. There's an attemptive rise in the chemistry realm called euchemics(better living through chemistry). Imagine being smarter, stronger, healthier, having superpowers, and having fun once in a while without toxicity. I'm smarter than ever! A society that continuously bans euchemics(better living through chemistry. Not retarded, unstable eugenics or any genetic modification crap). Of course, we must still protect nature and the environment, and not allow these monsters to mess with the genes. Genes are more unstable than nitroglycerin and can cause many unwanted side effects aside from the intended benefit. Genetic modification may even be the reason the bees are dying with colony collapse disorder. The pollen is undigestable and the bees can no longer process it. End the GMO madness NOW!

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
People who say money can't buy happiness have never been poor.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
rich and miserable on a full stomach, or poor and miserable on an empty stomach, I'll take rich any day.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dalii

So true I find the only people who say it are loaded.

But I think money buys peace of mind.
Blimey wish I had that also

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Velom

Money is not the issue, power is. Through money, you can acquire power. People will do a lot of sick things to get that power, and money is a stepping stone.

I don't know if money can actually buy happiness, but it can buy peace of mind. The biggest fear I have is not being able to provide for my family. Having copious amounts of monetary assets would certainly alleviate those fears, resulting in peace of mind.

If all else fails, I could always buy a little island with enough of that money and live my life as a naked hermit. I'd only wear a coconut bra despite being male so should anyone stumble across me, they'd never suspect I was sane.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Money would free me from many worries, and aid my way to happiness, but in the end I like to think there's more to life than chasing pound signs, and you can find happiness in things that don't require money.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It would be nice to not have to think about money ...
but alas our present system of trade generally
relies on some form of monetary exchange for goods or services

It would be possible to live in a world without money
And indeed a few people do and they are generally happy
For each persons needs and comforts are taken into account by such a collective

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Yes, as long as the person isn't suffering from depression or that kind of thing, money can buy happiness. And if the person is suffering from depression, the money can buy anti-depressants that can help with that.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It is true that money can create happiness
But happiness is never a constant state of being
It is impossible to buy permanent happiness
Though it can buy one peace of mind in financial matters ... but you can't take it with you
edit on 9-1-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

edit on 9-1-2015 by artistpoet because: friggin eck

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
double post
edit on 9-1-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
It is impossible to buy permanent happiness

I didnt' say permanent happiness. But I say it will be happiness ... happiness that will last as long as the money and the good health that money can buy last.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I know you did not mention permanent happiness ... I was merely adding another aspect to your thread

Also money can not always buy good health ... perhaps drugs yes but they only deal with symptoms not causes.
You can be relatively poor and happy and have good health also is what I am saying.

My own personal example being ... I have lived without money for quite a number of years in my youth ... as part of a fully self sufficient community. Living a healthy lifestyle and experiencing happiness also

I am not dis agreeing with what you stated " Money can buy happiness" for that is true
But also my own viewpoint is valid ... There are always many aspects to any idea or thing is my point

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
When somebody tells me that money can't buy happiness, I simply reply with - "Then you must not be shopping in the right place"

I agree. Everyone saying "Money can buy happiness" is delusional. It comes with a price and its called labor for others. Especially those slave labors.

It should be "Money can buy happiness if you are shopping right place."

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I think that in order for money to buy happiness one would need to know how to use it correctly.

Just going out and buying shed loads of stuff isn't a sure-fire way to make a person happy. At least not for longer than a few hours or days.

Using money to improve one's quality of life (and that of others) is an art and I don't think that everyone has the skill.

It's true that some of the best things in life are free - watching sunsets, trees or creatures is remarkably rewarding but, imo, they are far better appreciated when one has the opportunity to watch them in comfort.

It's hard to enjoy nature if your belly is empty or you're worrying about the welfare of your family.

The moment is far more enjoyable, though, after a hard day's work or after something of importance has been achieved. That feeling of a 'job well done', that the moment is deserved, enhances the feeling of well-being that being close to nature grants.

So, for money to buy happiness, I'd suggest that it needs to be used in a way that causes a person to be fulfilled more than superficially and puts them in the frame of mind to enjoy the beauty that the World has to offer for free.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join