It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Time Has Surely Come

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

We upgraded his programming.
He is now a sentient being.
Oh # said humanity

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Surely science has gone too far!

At least I don't have to imagine what you look like, what with your gorgeous GIF of you and your adorable cat

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Thanks for the post Phage.

I normally see you debunking other posts with rational and well thought responses, like a voice in the wilderness, as it were.

As condescending as you seem to be on occasion, I appreciate your points of view.

I also like your avatar, seems to fit your attitude. Wasn't that from "Buckeroo Bonsai"?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Excellent message indeed.

Change does not come from violence. Change comes from altering the system from within... from top to bottom, inside and out.

Attacking the products of a bad environment (ie: the police) does not fix a damn thing. All it accomplishes is adding more fuel to an already out of control fire.

Did we not learn anything from the tumultuous 60's and 70's ??

You want to change the system ?

Then go after the system... NOT the minions of the system.

Because we are ALL minions of the system, even the police themselves.

Thanks for the great song.
You couldn't have picked a better fit.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The revolutionary philosophy that espouses chaos for a more rapid change is ... more well known.
Unfortunately, lazy historians tend to focus on periods of tumult and rapid change.

We, collectively, just don't know about the alternatives... lawyers just aren't as sexy as beret wearing anarchists... but how does one educate the disenfranchised? Education involves.. .er... franchises.

I have amused myself picturing John Lithgow handing out pamphlets in the ghetto.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
The revolutionary philosophy that espouses chaos for a more rapid change is ... more well known.
Unfortunately, lazy historians tend to focus on periods of tumult and rapid change.

Yes they sure do. And explosive violence. Civil unrest. Certain thrive off of it and its a foundational stone of their social and political philosophy. They act as though removing the police is not going to expose them to armed citizens. As if the cops are the only deterrent to their twisted adventures.

Remember the vacuum crated during the LA riots after the cops had to pull back, pull out. Armed citizens were on roof tops in some case shooting anyone with a cocktail in their hand and coming near their property. Thats what going to be happening in a general melt down but hay maybe thats fine with them, part of their larger plan.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Heck not visiting LA then.
I often walk around with a Margarita in me hand...not in LA then.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

While you're asking us not to throw rocks at police, can you please ask them to stop shooting our dogs, sons/daughters and grandparents? That would certainly result in less rocks being thrown.

Thanks

edit on 29-12-2014 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

While you're asking us not to throw rocks at police, can you please ask them to stop shooting our dogs, sons/daughters and grandparents? That would certainly result in less rocks being thrown.

America is huge and one thing we do not consider is there is a wide range of cultures and lifestyles. We take it for granted that all of America is the same, but it is not. We can look at Europe and see vastly different cultures within a smaller area than what America is, but for some reason we feel that same diversity is not also here in many ways.

Ferguson is 2000 miles from where I live, but it might as well be a different country for how different the lifestyle is there is compared to here. I have suggested that the police are a direct reflection to the society that they work in. Bad areas are fertile grounds for bad lifestyles and this breeds cops to match those environments.

With that said I could not imagine what I would do if my son was killed in my front yard playing with a air soft gun because some cop drove up and 2 seconds later shot him, but with my 30 plus years of military experience I can accurately guess which way all that would go.

edit on 29-12-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

No, it merely qualifies you as a stereotypical white boy.

A self-deprecating white man, how refreshingly quaint.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I really don't see an end to it all.

Fifty years ago this summer — a half-century before the protests in Ferguson, Mo. — riots broke out in seven cities in New York, New Jersey, Illinois and Pennsylvania, sparked by confrontations between black residents and their predominantly white police forces.

In Philadelphia, the violence began after dark, in late August.

"It was a hot day and just wasn't too much activity in the hood, as they say," remembers Kenneth Salaam, who was 15 years old in 1964.

He was hanging out in his North Philadelphia neighborhood with friends when police cars began zipping by one after another. He ran towards the action, blocks away from his home.

"It's crowds of people, police, and then you're hearing glass breaking, and now I know it's a riot!" says Salaam, who adds it wasn't clear at first what sparked the violence. "There were so many rumors as people were coming."

www.npr.org...

The Chicago race riot of 1919 was a major racial conflict that began in Chicago, Illinois on July 27, 1919 and ended on August 3.[1] During the riot, thirty-eight people died and over five hundred were injured.[2] It is considered the worst of the approximately 25 riots during the Red Summer, so named because of the violence and fatalities across the nation.[3] The combination of prolonged arson, looting, and murder was the worst race rioting in the history of Illinois.[4]

The sociopolitical atmosphere of Chicago was one of ethnic tension caused by competition among many new groups. With the Great Migration, thousands of African Americans from the South had settled next to neighborhoods of European immigrants on Chicago's South Side, near jobs in the stockyards and meatpacking plants. The ethnic Irish had been established first, and fiercely defended their territory and political power against all newcomers.[5][6] Post World War I tensions caused frictions between the races, especially in the competitive labor and housing markets.[7] Overcrowding and increased African American militancy by veterans contributed to the visible racial frictions.[3] Also, a combination of ethnic gangs and police neglect strained the racial relationships.[7] According to official reports, the turmoil came to a boil after a young African American was struck by a rock and died at an informally segregated beach. Tensions between groups arose in a melee that blew up into days of unrest.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

There is always going to be tension between those who have and those who do not have. There will always be tension between ethnic groups. Is one side to blame more then the other? I think it has more to do with ignorance on behalf of all the parties involved. I don't think changing laws will make a difference because there are an abundance of laws , they are just not enforced.

POLICE MISCONDUCT
* Police officers constantly pull over cars driven by Latinos, for certain traffic violations, but rarely pull over white drivers for the same violations.

* A police officer questioning a man of Vietnamese origin on the street gets angry when the man is unable to answer his questions because he does not speak English. The Officer arrests the man for disorderly conduct.

These examples may be violations of the Equal Protection Clause of the United States Constitution. They may also be violations of the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968. That law prohibits discrimination because of national origin, race, color, religion, or sex by a police department that gets federal funds through the U.S. Department of Justice. They may also violate Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits discrimination by law enforcement agencies that receive any federal financial assistance, including asset forfeiture property.

www.justice.gov...

But Phage, you are right. Casting stones and violence is not the way. There are many more non-violent avenues to take. Can you win the war against inequality?

I think not.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
What I want to know is this:

Because we have to get together

Because it's such a wonderful world we live in, if we can only get our collective heads out of our butts and enjoy it

After all, we don't own the world. Our job is to keep it a livable place for future generations.

edit on 29-12-2014 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2014 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I dunno, but the time has surely come.A while ago.
Don't throw rocks at policemen. Cuz it don't get no-one nowhere.

Don't walk across roads either.
New Jersey Police Hit And Kill 10-Year-Old Boy On The Way To A Sleepover

The police department has not yet commented on claims by family members and other witnesses related to the absence of lights and sirens during the accident.
A statement released by law enforcement officials said, “First and foremost our thoughts and prayers go out to the McCloskey family that tragically lost their son. Whenever a young life is lost like this it is tragic for everyone, his family and our community.” The police statement also added, “While this is very difficult for the young boy’s family it is also very difficult for that police officer involved. It is our understanding that the officer was responding to an urgent call when this accident happened, and we support the officer who was involved in this.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
What an anti american proestablishment thread. You post this nonsense and point toward the need to change laws instead. I got news for you. The country has been hijacked along with the system and your thread is equalivant to a lullaby. Ever heard bout them founding fathers predicting this bs and stating that it would take blood shed from time to time to keep what they gave us. I love that band rage against the machine.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

Ahh sometimes I forget you're human. I always imagine a Sheldon Cooper-esque android. I almost died when you said you used to surf in a thread about half a year ago. Now you're here listening to music, once more shattering my preconceptions!

... anyways ...

Great song and message!

Don't let him fool you... he just recently got his cybernetic upgrade, kinda like when Data got the Human Emotion Chip. (when Data thought his cat died, and then found it again, and cried android tears, oh man that part always gets me lol)

I used to advocate violence towards cops, but that was an emotional reaction and I've learned a lot since then. Like that its against TnC here lol no but seriously, violence is never the answer..
Its the question. And the answer is yes. I'm joking!
I'll be here all week. So long as I don't get banned for telling bad jokes.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

a reply to: TrueAmerican

Citizens? Or criminals? See, breaking the law makes one a criminal.

In any case throwing rocks don't do #, 'cept for pissing people off.

Cmon now, Phage, you can't just go around shooting everyone just because they broke a law...

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

More like one lab accident away from being a super villain.

S&F Phage

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

a reply to: TrueAmerican

Citizens? Or criminals? See, breaking the law makes one a criminal.

In any case throwing rocks don't do #, 'cept for pissing people off.

Sometimes a criminal action has to be taken for the sake of justice. Rebelling against the colonies was illegal, as was joining the colonial army. If we take the CIA at their word, that torture we've made illegal was also necessary. It certainly shouldn't be the default behavior of anyone but sometimes it's ok to break the law. I'm not saying go out and kill cops... we're not there yet, but we're getting really close. I hope we can just compromise on cameras for all LEO's and accept that what's already done is done. That would diffuse things.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

a reply to: Wookiep
Before throwing stones, consider the results. Consider the impact. Breaking the law accomplishes nothing.

The music is great (it's never been better) but listen to the words too.

tell that to the founding fathers

breaking the law is the ONLY thing that brings change

see medical Marijuana

if everyone had followed the rules then medical marijuana would never have happened

you are deluding only yourself

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
double post doh
edit on pm420153001America/ChicagoFri, 17 Apr 2015 13:19:46 -0500_4000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join