It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much did you spend this Christmas? A rough estimate.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
ill be honest here i hate the holidays everyone of them. MagesticEsoteric negatives + negatives do not equal positives in any way shape form happy fkn xmas

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The woman=$100
Son= 1981 Honda 100, & helmet=$550
Daughter= mini bike, used I-pod, small gifts=$$350
Son from another mother=$100 cash
Mom, dad, 2 sisters= 1 ounce silver bars each=$75

Helped another family, we didnt even know, gift cards, food, and firewood=$100

I started my Christmas shopping in September.

It comes every year same date.

I really love how people party it up and waste their money all the way up to December then complain how they are broke and their kids get left out.

We do without, so our kids can enjoy. I teach them to respect and appreciate what they have. I teach them not to gloat about their gifts and that there are many kids less fortunate.

I never got motorcycles and such. I was the poor kid.

This year was better than most.

edit on 25-12-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Preplanning is the trick. I round up to the nearest hundred on vehicle loan payments and then cash in in December most years.

edit on 25-12-2014 by ttropia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

Appreciate the fact I actually showed up to the shin dig because, I really didn't want to in the first place.

Freaking appreciate my presence guys....sheesh.

Your Welcome!

Right?!

But actually I had to quit my job to take care of my almost 99 year old great grandmother. No one else stepped up. Now she's in a home, but it's impossible to explain she isn't coming back here.

Time to find a job now that I have free time again.

Merry Christmas everybody.

I love you guys.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: moren
ill be honest here i hate the holidays everyone of them. MagesticEsoteric negatives + negatives do not equal positives in any way shape form happy fkn xmas

Me Too!

The Holidays suck!

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

Appreciate the fact I actually showed up to the shin dig because, I really didn't want to in the first place.

Freaking appreciate my presence guys....sheesh.

Your Welcome!

Right?!

But actually I had to quit my job to take care of my almost 99 year old great grandmother. No one else stepped up. Now she's in a home, but it's impossible to explain she isn't coming back here.

Time to find a job now that I have free time again.

Merry Christmas everybody.

I love you guys.

My sense of humor is. - Different.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch
As nothing is open here on xmas day, I actually SAVED money.

Thanks Jesus !!

Whaaaat?

You must not live in the us.
'

No, sadly, my devious plans to move there, were thwarted by a very smart and intelligent woman. She prevented me from emigrating.

not to say I didn't spend a lot in the months leading up to the festive season, but on this fateful day, I was left bereft of anyone to share it with.

even today, I had to traverse large amounts of space to give money to people, in exchange for liquids. it was a trip.
spending xmas alone, with no booze? holy Hanukkah... Oo

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
1. $85 Coat + 1. pair of $49 Boots, I took my friend out to get winter wear, she didn't have the money and has to walk and catch the bus everywhere.

$134. That's it.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric
nada
I never spend a penny on Christmas day ,
Only shops open are to expensive ....
Try not to leave the house if at all possible...

Christmas Is about spirtuallity and not getting legless on spirts .
On a day to celebrate the alleged birth of your saviour .
Whom once went beserk at people flogging tat /conducting commerce /In a place of worship.
You use the excuse of his alleged birth to turn it into the biggest /shopping spree .of the year.
Now instead of spending all that money on useless tat that privilidged children don't need ,
An by privilidged I mean roofs over there heads food In there stomachs
,TRY giving the money to charity ,

That would be a more fitting way way to show you believe in the GOD of Spirt an not the GOD of COMMERCE.
However being humans that wont work as any money donated to an organised charity/busisness/
99PERCENT WILL end up paying for offices admin wages travel /think tanks /bonding sessions.
An the other one percent on tea an biscuits.
So THE only proper way to give charity at Christmas or any time is to pay it forward.
An expect nothing in return and you will never be disapoinmted,

PS I do alaways give my Cat a prezzie this year a laser pointer.
He returns the favour by giving me a mouse.
A live mouse b t w wich he gently carries into the house and then releases.
Whereupon hours of fun ensuses as he wathes me try and try to catch the little blighter without hurting it.
This year was fortunate as a well aimed shot with a colander captured it .
Took all of half an hour.
I WAS THEN ABLE To release mr or mrs mouse back to whence it came to enjoy Christmas with threre family.
Cat does not limit this gift to holidays ,OH NO he does it often never deceased mice alaways alive an very sneaky.

I read somewhere that its my Cats way of a gift by teaching me how to catch mice.?

Merry Christmas ,,,,,

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

I think that was the exception, rather than the rule. Hubby works at the local World's Largest Retailer and would have said if there had been any problems on Christmas Eve. He's working service desk today, so we'll see what stories he comes home with tonight. He had a women have a screaming fit a few weeks ago while returning less than $8 worth of canned cat food.

My Christmas spending was at a bare minimum this year because of car repairs and some job insecurity in the upcoming year. Maybe $200, total, for Hubby and our fur babies and feathered kid.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ecossiepossie

I read some expert say that cats bring you mice or other "offerings" because they don't feel you can feed yourself. Mmmmkay...

I was astounded to find out that my poms are mousers. They nailed a mouse in the kitchen a few weeks ago and that was that. Glad to hear that you have survivors to set free. A little B&E by a mouse shouldn't be a capital offense.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I'm a great shopper. I got my 3 year old great niece a 21 inch angel teddy bear for 3.99.It has little ribbon roses around the top of the head, lacey collar with ribbon roses, lacey cuffs and a cute pink outfit. I added some cute little toys from the dollar store like a little tea set etc. For my 6 year old great nephew I got him this big boxed kit of 5 dragons you have to put together. Came with the paints and a dragon book for 3.00 and added some craft kits for 1.00 to 3.00. One was a wooden boat with cloth sail and paints. For some of the ladies I made them bracelets, earrings and or necklace sets with beautiful glass beads, crystals etc. All my supplies were on sale for half price. Made up gift baskets with a wine glass with snowflake pattern (1.00) added a silk pointsetter flower and a candy cane around the stem with beautiful red ribbon and added chocolates and datebooks with beautiful scenery for a couple of bucks each. For others I spent more, but it always looks like I spent more than I actually did, unless it's a gift card. LOL

My trick is that I shop year round and when there is an amazing sale, I'll pick the item up and put it away for Christmas or for someone's birthday.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
About $150 between 2 kids and the husband for gifts. He did the food shopping, but it was regular grocery shopping & not holiday BS, so I guess it doesn't count?

I spent about twice that much last Christmas, but it's been a little tight this year. I merely focused on 1 big gift for each, and smaller almost stocking stuffer type gifts this year. They seemed happy to get what they got, and never asked why this year's present accumulation was much smaller. Good enough for me

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
People love buying things for me. I'm so damned easy to please. I'm the only one who gets excited over pretty papers and boxes, before I even open my gift. LOL

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Between 4 kids:$450
For the wife $100
For the food:around $100

Work Christmas party: errrr... I was finding small bills for days....I think around $100...It is all kinda foggy.

Total for this year?
Between 700 and 800
Seems right on par with the OP figures.
I must be a sheeple person....
*sip*

edit on 26-12-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join