It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Grinch runs Groom Lake???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Checking out flightaware.com for KPMD (Palmdale), I didn't see any WWW flights today. So are all the California employees are going to spend Christmas at the base?

I suppose they could have taken the whole week off. I'll check the Friday flights to see if they do the TNX to KPMD trips.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Because.. hey! Get a rib Roast..
Memo.

I love all your input..
I grew up not in Reno.. but Sparks...

Actually..
I just wanted to say.. merry Christmas!
I don't know you...
But I heard everything you posted.
And I hope you will keep posting!.

You are a contributor!

So! ...
I wish you will keep sending!
I so hope you will..
In time collaborate with Zaphod58..
and quite a few others...

Seasons greetings!

Thanks for what you bring to ATS!

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Obama declared December 26 a holiday, which is in keeping with past presidents when Christmas falls on a Thursday. FYI...

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: PrinceRupertsDog

Obama declared December 26 a holiday, which is in keeping with past presidents when Christmas falls on a Thursday. FYI...

Dec 26th isn't on the federal holiday list.
federal holidays 2014

I did find the executive order:
Feds get Dec 26th holiday

Certainly no Janets will fly on the 25th, except perhaps a Beech. Let's see what happens on Friday. If the Janets fly on Friday and do the few flights to KPMD, then somebody had to chow down steak and beer in the desert. If nothing flies on Friday, then the California employees probably went to Vegas then found their own transportation to California.

I left out the importance of this period on the NTTR. If you look at the weapons school schedule, they have two graduation classes. [This is called MEP for Mission Employment Phase.] The graduactions occur in the first two weeks of June and the first two weeks of December. [Classes are six months, so these are different classes.] That means the last two weeks of June and the last two weeks of December have greately reduced use of the range from Nellis. That makes it easier (in theory) for Groom to use the range. I know it makes it substantially easier to find Groom air frequencies by bandscanning since there is less chatter from Nellis.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

For accounting purposes, it's considered holiday time and not administrative leave. Again, FYI.

So, I have the day off too as a result. Ill be playing radio too, but my installation is not as interesting.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
26th is an in lieu of holiday for federal employees, not contractors....they would have to burn leave (pto)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Well no flights on Friday. For the Vegas workers, that makes sense. I get the California workers had other transportation to get home since there were no Palmdale flights to take them back.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I saw an article this week that said the first flight of the A-12 was from Groom on the 22nd December, maybe there were some strange lights over the desert this week :-P

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: gfad
I saw an article this week that said the first flight of the A-12 was from Groom on the 22nd December, maybe there were some strange lights over the desert this week :-P

The wiki says April, but then again, it is the wiki. ;-)

A-12 wiki

On 25 April 1962 it was taken on its first (unofficial and unannounced) flight with Lockheed test pilot Louis Schalk at the controls.[12] The first official flight later took place on 30 April and subsequent supersonic flight on 4 May 1962, reaching speeds of Mach 1.1 at 40,000 ft (12,000 m).[13]

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Got myself in a tangle. .... the SR-71 first flew on the 22nd December 64 from Plant 42!

top topics

join