It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas Cheer: High Schooler Gives Classmate New Sneakers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Instead of ridiculing his classmate for wearing worn out sneakers, he decided to buy him a brand new pair.

And this is how the world should be.

One North Carolina high school student showed off his sneaker enthusiasm and his Christmas spirit, all in one kind gesture.

Yaovi Mawuli, a high school student from the Greensboro, N.C. area, spotted one of his classmates sporting a pair of less-than-ideal sneakers. Other kids in their French class were making fun of the worn shoes, but Mawuli felt compassion and decided to take action.

Taking to Facebook, he posted to the Greensboro Sneakerheads group for advice on how he should reveal to his classmate his gift of a new pair of popular sneakers.

“I’m planning to give him a pair of Concord lows,” he posted. “Now my question is how do I present it to him without him feeling like I feel sorry for him? I’m just trying to help a brother out.”

Mawuli’s classmate appreciated the fancy footwear and the two even posed for a quick Facebook photo. The teens are now friends, all thanks to a little bit of Christmas cheer.

link

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I love these kinds of stories.

People always focus so much on the negative and that sometimes makes it hard to see the positive. Stories like these help cure that.

Thanks for sharing it! Awesome.

join