It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the colonisation of other bodies so important all of a sudden?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Do not get me wrong I am all in favour of expansion I am a huge trekkie and all up for seeking out new life, new civilisations and all.

As I said it does just not seem to be the right time right now, if it was my choice I would choose to put money and brainpower into fixing up this place before looking to move out as it where?

a reply to: wastedown

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

It is so tiresome to read posts by people that evidently have a sheltered view of the world and how things are done by governments. The short answer, OP, to your "Why?" question has a couple of elements. First, space programs are simply an extension of military growth, completely necessary to some degree for the sake of parity, or more true, keeping ahead of the game being played by several players these days beyond the two-player game of old.

Second, for all of you deniers, the UFOs are real and here and we absolutely have to come to terms with that all across the world. And even if that were to be, there will still be Hell to pay because that realization will simply not be accepted by certain religions that in their intermix of government and religion will be a threat to the stability to much of the world.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I must appologise if my question was tiresome to you and that my view is so sheltered.

I would agree that the miliatary aspect has some reasoning but I would be more inclined to think that it was based more on miliatary dominance on earth.

A for UFO's being real and the existance of aliens I would have to disagree.

Given that there has still been no real evidence of the existance of extraterrestials and the likleyhood of being alive in the exact but tiny window of existence that disclosure is revealed I have to personally discount this possibility.

a reply to: Aliensun

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Because if we wait to go until all the world's problems are solved: we won't ever get there.

The world will always have problems of some sort. The world will always have some sort of crisis going on.

With 7 billion of us here, there really should not be any excuse as to why we can't multi-task: solve problems here AND explore space.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Why are we trying to go to mars? why is there now talk of habitation of Venus? why the re newed interest in moon bases?

And why all this with the worlds economys in such a terrible state?

Do they know something bad is on it's way? Highly skunk works but I really do not see the benifit of these ventures unless there is a major problem?

My research indicates that the Elites believe that Earth will undergo a massive axial flip triggered by the Second Advent of Christ, some time in mid-September of 2023. I believe that the Elites are trying to escape.

The Mayan calendar finishes its 1,365 day intercalation on 9/16/2016, then 7 years later, Christ is to return on an unknown day and hour.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-12-2014 by BELIEVERpriest because: added link

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
That sir is quite a statement.

Would you be prepared to share your research, it would be food for thought.

a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

edit on 1220141235pAmerica/Chicago2014-12-22T16:33:35-06:0033f33 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Jobs are needed and technology and a common goal would be better for the human population than a war to jumpstart the economy!

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I thought the Mayan thing was connected to 2012?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This is bizarre. Last night I had a super vivid dream about my family and I travelling to venus.

I cant remember why we were doing so, but in the dream we descended through thick cloud in our spaceship and landed in this tropical/jungle paradise. There were strange bird like creatures in the trees and flying around. It was very humid and we could breathe the air there. I can vaguely remember encountering some locals who were tall, muscular, humanoid creatures with long blonde hair. They were hostile towards us but thats as much as I can recall. It was a pretty out there dream haha, but in the dream I remember being extremely surprised by what it was like there.

Just thought I would throw this out there...

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well the technology won't ever exist unless we put funds into building it up.

Just look at the way humans evolved traveling on water by coracle to metal hull ocean liners that house thousands of people, have their own telephone systems, hospital, require megawatts of electricity. We've experimented with nuclear powered aircraft carriers, airplanes and space probes. So would a manned spacecraft housing hundreds be the next step?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Why are we trying to go to mars? why is there now talk of habitation of Venus? why the re newed interest in moon bases?

And why all this with the worlds economys in such a terrible state?

Do they know something bad is on it's way? Highly skunk works but I really do not see the benifit of these ventures unless there is a major problem?

I've wondered that also. What do the PTB know that they're not telling us....?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

That sir is quite a statement.

Would you be prepared to share your research, it would be food for thought.

I already linked it at the bottom of my post.

Here it is again

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012

The year 2012 was not entirely false, but a red herring. If you add the missing 5.25 days from each year of the last 13 Katunes, the intercalated end date is 9/16/2016.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Sure, we bandaid this planet and when we just about get it back to "right" (whatever that is), we will discover we have 48 hours before we are wiped out by Comet effhue! There we'll be with are pants around our ankles already takin' a crap on what we "fixed" thinkin' "Wow that prestine forrest is Beautif...."

I think it's obvious you can't abandon where we live, or stop growing food... If we just took the potential energy we have stored up in weapons to kill each other, that alone would have the thrust to get most of us off the planet headed ANYWHERE...Still alive and part of the Universe. We are focused on the wrong stuff, like it is truly important.. End Game, nothing on Earth matters, it will all be gone... Period, so why keep fighting over crap that doesn't matter.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Because it's the plan i told them to do. Hahahaha i don't know. Because colonization should always be a prime objective of advanced forms of life seeking to discover the Universe?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
If i go, i will design a portable powerstation. It runs on gravity alone. A rod with two 30 pound weights at both ends. One end has a 50 pound added weight with a bracket, so that when the rotor spins, the weight of the 50 pound weight is transferred from the inner end of the rotor to the outer part of the rotor while it spins. The 8 foot long rotor bar is connected to an axle, the axle has a chain gear on it. When the Rotor rotates counterclockwise and falls down, the 50 pound weight connected to a bracket gets pulled to the outside, towards the 30 pound weight. As it rotates and reaches the bottom the rotor starts to swing back up. The 50 pound weight then begins to pull towards the center. When it reaches the top. The 50 pound weight is at center. The rotation starts all over again. The momentum, speed,mass and gravity all play into keeping the rotor bar moving at a rate of 60 RPM. Thats 1 revolution a second. A chain gear 8 in. in dia. sproket connected to a 1" dia. sproket that is connected to a Large Generator. 60 RPM on a .25 axle. A larger gear spinning a smaller gear makes the smaller gear to spin at a higher velocity to power portable generator. The length of the rod gives it torque to handle a load. All parts to be assembled on site. NO more than 50 pound load on axle limit or rotor will stop and mechanism will not work. So can handle a large generator with a max load on axle of 50 pounds. This does not include friction on the beirings and the mechanism has to have a push to start and wait to get up to speed without a load when it starts off. youtu.be...
Thats the power generator. I have designs for impact small space quarters. A 12 by 12 complete with bedroom,bathroom,closet,kitchen,laundary,sinks,tables and extra storage space for your gear. Complete with a filtration system that will stain out bacteria and viruses. Lets you re-use your water. This means toilet,bathtub,sink water to be used again and again. The waste is used in the soil for the plants inside the habitat. The modified worms in the soil help the plants to grow and they eat the waste you make.
I would love to make a large habitat with large windows to let sunlight in. But U really don't need sunlight indoors when you can make your own artificial light that plants can grow on. It does help tho and you get a great view outside. I will modify an indoor lake with a flowing stream of water running across rocks to help arrate the water so not stagnant.
I will design the habitat in a large circle with a train like system running, floating on magnets on the outer edge with a path and rest stop benches with lights and sidewalks that go to different area's of the habitat. I will have elevators with different levels and parks and you will live on one Large Indoor Floating Farm.

edit on 22-12-2014 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

The year 2012 was not entirely false, but a red herring. If you add the missing 5.25 days from each year of the last 13 Katunes, the intercalated end date is 9/16/2016.

How is there a missing 5.25 days from each year? The mayans calculated it to a certain date, which we correlated with our current calendar. That "extra days missing argument" is for people that have done zero research.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
We are at the technology where you can make your own world flying thru space. Imagine a gravitron device that makes an invisible magnetic field in space that creates a bubble that protects you from the suns rays and the vacummn of space. Like what earth does for you now. Inside your bubble you can have all what earth provides for you. All you need is soil mass to grow on. So find yourself a little flying rock in space and activate the gravitron device on it. It will form the magnetic field that protects you from the sun. It will also form hot and cold regions on the inside. These hot and cold will form flowing air that collide with one another kicking up dust on the meteor. The dust will go into the air, clouds will form and it will rain. All you have to do is plant all kinds of plants to grow to give off oxygen. Then you can be the King on the rock with all your invited friends. Don't forget to spin your rock so you have night and day. Go anywhere you want thru space on your own little world of rock with your friends to help out around the space.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
If the muslims had the tech. they could all re-locate to another planet and see how the inhabitants there agree with them. Tho it sounds better to have a little rock to myself. he,he.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

it was
then it was the following year
nothing unusual happened
so theory was debunked by many

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join